Can Bimax make you ugly?

coomahboomah

coomahboomah

tt3sav
Firstly the title, secondly how can i tell?

I put my lower teeth slightly before my top with a jut and my lip seal was really ugly, is that how bi max works or nah?

• JFL
Reactions: reaper2 and sportsmogger
If it makes you look obviously unnatural, yeah. So many hardmaxxers end up looking like they have Down syndrome.

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26, randomvanish, reaper2 and 1 other person
If it makes you look obviously unnatural, yeah. So many hardmaxxers end up looking like they have Down syndrome.
i’m getting a bi max to close the overbite

Well they're moving both jaws. You can only move the mandible by jutting, not the lower maxilla.

So no, the lip competence will be different. Most surgeons will provide 3D planning to show you before-hand roughly how you will look.

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
Well they're moving both jaws. You can only move the mandible by jutting, not the lower maxilla.

So no, the lip competence will be different. Most surgeons will provide 3D planning to show you before-hand roughly how you will look.
are you sure they’d move the maxilla for an overbite cel?

Firstly the title, secondly how can i tell?

I put my lower teeth slightly before my top with a jut and my lip seal was really ugly, is that how bi max works or nah?
depends on your face obviously. but yeah probably

are you sure they’d move the maxilla for an overbite cel?
they can't do CCW rotation without moving the maxilla and you want that unless you are not that recessed

i’m only a few millimetres behind
then you probably need bimax if you're significantly recessed, unless the reason your lower teeth are only a few mm behind is that they lean forward significantly, or if you want to get extractions and decompensation

then you probably need bimax if you're significantly recessed, unless the reason your lower teeth are only a few mm behind is that they lean forward significantly, or if you want to get extractions and decompensation
i’m tryna dodge extracations cuz even my doctor said it’ll be determiental to my looks, i think i’m just going to get lower jaw surgery