Can I use retin A in my body?

improover

improover

#JamesGang
I have a lot of acne in my arms and my back, does it work

• JFL
Reactions: Pussyslayer
I have a lot of acne in my arms and my back, does it work
Yeah it's actually way less irritating on the body than on the face and it's the best treatment for keratosis pilaris (small bumps commonly found on the back of the arms)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: JihadChad and Good_Little_Goy
Hypervitaminosis A.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7313
Why not use BP?

Hypervitaminosis A.
"There is very little systemic absorption of tretinoin even with regular use. The side effects are local, on the skin and those mostly include irritation and increased sun sensitivity. The symptoms and signs of excessive vitamin A (hypervitaminosis A) described in the first part of the article is due to the oral consumption of tretinoin, not topical appilcations. It's true we do not allow pregnant or nursing women to use Retin A or other topical retinoids, but that is primarily because we have data of the potential harm systemic retinoids can do in these circumstances and no data about topical retinoids. The only retinoid that is Pregnancy category X (never to be used) is tazarotene. In my opinion, it is perfectly safe to use topical tretinoin as long as you use a broad spectrum sunscreen every day and you are not pregnant or nursing."
Emily Altman, MD
Source

• +1
Reactions: JihadChad, ProAcktiv, Good_Little_Goy and 1 other person
I use on neck.
Because collagen for neck is also important.
DOn't wanna end up like this:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912, Ethnicsmatter, GigaMogger and 4 others
you mean eating it?

if so definitely not

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
Oh yeah that's kind of ambiguous but I think of retin A as something that goes inside your body because it's vitamin A
You can try

• JFL
Reactions: improover
You can, yes. But if you have acne to that extent over that much of your body I'd say go see a derm.

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
Yeah it's actually way less irritating on the body than on the face and it's the best treatment for keratosis pilaris (small bumps commonly found on the back of the arms)
Retin-A is fucking magic, fixes literally every fuck-up with your face, people here said that it doesn't work for dark circles
but its one of the first places I saw a dramatic improvement in

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: ProAcktiv, Good_Little_Goy and GigaMogger
@GigaMogger For how many hours should you let retin A in your skin before washing it out?

Retin-A is fucking magic, fixes literally every fuck-up with your face, people here said that it doesn't work for dark circles
Yeah that's weird I saw improvements in my dark circles as well but I'm a bit scared of using it in my eye area

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
@GigaMogger For how many hours should you let retin A in your skin before washing it out?
Ideal is to put it on as soon as it's dark out and wash it out in the morning before applying spf 50 sunscreen

Buffer it with a moisturiser before and after use (doesn't effect penetration)

This is a useful vid, middle aged women that still have flawless skin have this shit on lockdown ngl

One of the main factors that contribute to dark circles is poor circulation under the eyes, tretinoin increases blood flow on the skin so it's definitely effective for dark circles

• +1
Reactions: JihadChad and Good_Little_Goy
Ideal is to put it on as soon as it's dark out and wash it out in the morning before applying spf 50 sunscreen

Buffer it with a moisturiser before and after use (doesn't effect penetration)

This is a useful vid, middle aged women that still have flawless skin have this shit on lockdown ngl

One of the main factors that contribute to dark circles is poor circulation under the eyes, tretinoin increases blood flow on the skin so it's definitely effective for dark circles

So that's like 12 hours? I've seen this video but she looks like she had botox

So that's like 12 hours? I've seen this video but she looks like she had botox
Could be even longer during the winter

Yeah she does but there are videos where she's put the camera super close to her face and smiled and shit to show she hasn't had it but I still can't rule it out tbh - after you get to a certain age collagenmaxxing will involve things like preventative botox and even face lifts if you want to look young for as long as possible (aka mog everyone in your age group and attract women way younger than you)

• +1
Reactions: JihadChad
The skin is more thin around your eyes so it's a bit more sensitive. Do you use it close to your lower eyelid?
I just put it genitally under my eyes

• JFL
I just put it genitally under my eyes
genitally? how so?

• JFL