Can someone aspie analyse the vitamin C skin product I just bought?

D

Deleted member 7076

Kraken
I needed $10 more to get free shipping so I bought this but idk if it's any good. Are the ingredients good?

SKIN PHYSICS Oxygen C Vitamin C Brightening Serum 30 mL

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Terminalia Ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) Fruit Extract , Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Pentylene Glycol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Copper Gluconate, Citric Acid, Glucose, Bioflavonoids, Chlorogenic Acid, Phenoxyethanol.

Holy fuck over for my water retention
Sodium Hyaluronate is just hyaluronic acid, which is a humectant. Overall the product is pretty good, the only things that concern me are the rosemary extract, which is potentially irittating, and the Phenxyethanol. The vitamin-c concentration is very low though, it's kind of a scam to call it a "Vitamin-C Brightening Serum" with only 2.5%.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7076 and Deleted member 10536
Sodium Hyaluronate is just hyaluronic acid, which is a humectant. Overall the product is pretty good, the only things that concern me are the rosemary extract, which is potentially irittating, and the Phenxyethanol. The vitamin-c concentration is very low though, it's kind of a scam to call it a "Vitamin-C Brightening Serum" with only 2.5%.
Just mix in some ascorbic acid powder into the vial and that's fixed.

• +1
Reactions: thecaste
Just mix in some ascorbic acid powder into the vial and that's fixed.
I don't think that would work, as the product is formulated with Sodium Ascorbyl Sulfate and not L-Ascorbic Acid. If you mix in some Ascorbic Acid the product will go bad faster and it also might have unwanted side effects.

• +1
Reactions: xefo and Deleted member 10536
how much is a good % though
I have 5% serum, iirc, and it makes my face redder after applying and I feel my face getting hotter too. So at least 5%, I might try adding myself up to 10%, slowly overtime and seeing how it affects me.

I don't think that would work, as the product is formulated with Sodium Ascorbyl Sulfate and not L-Ascorbic Acid. If you mix in some Ascorbic Acid the product will go bad faster and it also might have unwanted side effects.
Yeah, that's true. I also keep my serum at 0c temperature. That shit in general goes bad quickly, if kept warm.

• +1
Reactions: thecaste