Can someone high IQ translate this science speak about jaw growth

KrissKross

KrissKross

Roped
Postpubertal craniofacial skeletal and dental changes were examined from lateral cephalograms of Class I males taken when subjects were 16, 18, and 20 years of age by Love et al. [14]. Mandibular growth was found to be statistically significant for the age periods of 16 to 18 years and 18 to 20 years. Growth from 16 to 18 years was greater than that from 18 to 20 years. Maxillary and mandibular growths were highly correlated at each age period. However, overall mandibular growth was approximately twice that of overall maxillary growth. Mandibular growth was found to involve an upward and forward rotation, a result of posterior vertical growth exceeding anterior vertical growth. Lower incisors were found to tip lingually with increasing age.

Source: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2014/301501/

• +1
Reactions: thecel, im_still_here and Lorsss
The jaw can still grow after puberty with the most significant growth occurring between 16-18 and to a lesser extent 18-20. The lower jaw growth is much more significant than the upper jaw.

• +1
Reactions: PrisonMike and middayshowers
The jaw can still grow after puberty with the most significant growth occurring between 16-18 and to a lesser extent 18-20. The lower jaw growth is much more significant than the upper jaw.
no hope if your jewish dentist extracted your wisdom teeth at 18

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: PrisonMike, incelslayer01, Deleted member 470 and 2 others
Mine extracted 1 wisdom tooth when I was 15, now I have this really cool asymmetry on my face.

Needless to say, the other 3 came out without a problem.
jfl.

Mine extracted 1 wisdom tooth when I was 15, now I have this really cool asymmetry on my face.

jfl.
then get a wisdom tooth implant

jfl.
I almost had mine extracted. Very close. But I sensed it was a Jewish conspiracy by Dr Shekelstein

• JFL
Reactions: retard
Postpubertal craniofacial skeletal and dental changes were examined from lateral cephalograms of Class I males taken when subjects were 16, 18, and 20 years of age by Love et al. [14]. Mandibular growth was found to be statistically significant for the age periods of 16 to 18 years and 18 to 20 years. Growth from 16 to 18 years was greater than that from 18 to 20 years. Maxillary and mandibular growths were highly correlated at each age period. However, overall mandibular growth was approximately twice that of overall maxillary growth. Mandibular growth was found to involve an upward and forward rotation, a result of posterior vertical growth exceeding anterior vertical growth. Lower incisors were found to tip lingually with increasing age.

Source: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2014/301501/

Both the mandible and maxilla grew by a statistically significant amount between the ages of 16-18 and 18-20. They grew more from age 16 to 18 than from 18 to 20. The growth of both was correlated (grew at the same time) but the mandible grew twice as much as the maxilla. The maxilla was found to grow upwards and forwards.

So basically the maxilla and mandible grew a little bit but probably not enough to make a noticeable difference between ages 18 and 20
Both the mandible and maxilla grew by a statistically significant amount between the ages of 16-18 and 18-20. They grew more from age 16 to 18 than from 18 to 20. The growth of both was correlated (grew at the same time) but the mandible grew twice as much as the maxilla. The maxilla was found to grow upwards and forwards.

So basically the maxilla and mandible grew a little bit but probably not enough to make a noticeable difference between ages 18 and 20

This part is pretty meaningless without number though I’m reading the real study and will update this with what it actually means

This part is pretty meaningless without number though I’m reading the real study and will update this with what it actually means

Ok what I found is that in 20 subjects, only about half saw mandible growth of more than 6mm, with a range from 1mm to 10mm. The mandible saw about twice as much growth overall but much less between ages 18 and 20 than 16 and 18, the maxilla grew linearly but by much less. In conclusion the mandible and maxilla will still grow after age 18 but by an insignificant amount in most people (notice the large range of mandible growth). This does suggest that mewing is able to move the maxilla after this age

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: middayshowers

Ok what I found is that in 20 subjects, only about half saw mandible growth of more than 6mm, with a range from 1mm to 10mm. The mandible saw about twice as much growth overall but much less between ages 18 and 20 than 16 and 18, the maxilla grew linearly but by much less. In conclusion the mandible and maxilla will still grow after age 18 but by an insignificant amount in most people (notice the large range of mandible growth). This does suggest that mewing is able to move the maxilla after this age
But if you are latebloomer, then the 16-18 becomes 18-20, and the 18-20 becomes 20-22. Life fuel.

i wonder what they mean with statistically significant

eg i can imagine that more than 90% percent of maxilla growth is completed with 16..but i have admit i have no idea

good thread

But if you are latebloomer, then the 16-18 becomes 18-20, and the 18-20 becomes 20-22. Life fuel.

Most likely yes, but you can’t be sure and even then the growth is basically unnoticeable in real life. The study was done to see if treatment is still advisable after a certain age, where even very small changes could impact a procedure
Most likely yes, but you can’t be sure and even then the growth is basically unnoticeable in real life. The study was done to see if treatment is still advisable after a certain age, where even very small changes could impact a procedure

Meaning that the growth is mainly linear from an earlier age and slows down after puberty

read this study btw. it basically says

aromatase gene polymorphism = less aromatase = less estrogen conversioin = higher T/E ratio = more forward grown jaw

so taking ai during puberty might make your maxilla more forward grown

jfl.

what happened? im questioning myself how this might have impacted your face? I mean, why on earth should wisdom teeth influence jaw growth at all xD?

blaming wisdom teeth extraction sounds like nonsense to me but im curious. tell me.

That's what happened to me. And the doctor that removed it was a North Atlantic Chad.:feelswah::feelswhy:

what happened? im questioning myself how this might have impacted your face? I mean, why on earth should wisdom teeth influence jaw growth at all xD?

blaming wisdom teeth extraction sounds like nonsense to me but im curious. tell me.
No idea either but I legit developed some asymmetries, one side of my jaw is flatter and one of my cheekbones is more recessed and flatter than the other one.
This could be the result of sleeping on my left side for almost 21 years now tho. I really don't know, but the asymmetry is there :feelsbadman:

No idea either but I legit developed some asymmetries, one side of my jaw is flatter and one of my cheekbones is more recessed and flatter than the other one.
This could be the result of sleeping on my left side for almost 21 years now tho. I really don't know, but the asymmetry is there :feelsbadman:

hmm maybe but it shouldn't be that either. maybe body dysmorphia?