Cheapest and easiest way to get recommended Potassium intake for de-bloat?

MyStars

MyStars

Iron
Recommended DV for potassium is 3700 mg per day on a 2000 calorie diet, which seems hard to get since a banana has 350-400 mg of potassium each so 8-9 bananas a day.

Buy a potassium based salt alternative, something like "No Salt" (Actual name of product).

Looking at the Nutrients Label, for each 1/4 tsp (1.3-gram serving), there is 650 mg of potassium.

Recommended amount of potassium / potassium in each 1/4 tsp serving = 1/4 tsp servings to reach recommended amount of potassium
3700 mg / 650 mg = 5.69 1/4 tsp or rounded to just 1.5 tsp. Add to your water. Use the same formula for any calorie diet as long as your Sodium to Potassium intake is above 1:2.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Tr0ubLe
Potassium is important and/or essential when de-bloating. I won't explain why or how in this thread but only on how to attain the recommended level of said potassium in the easiest way possible.

Recommended DV for potassium is 3700 mg per day on a 2000 calorie diet, which seems hard to get since a banana has 350-400 mg of potassium each so 8-9 bananas a day.

Buy a potassium based salt alternative, something like "No Salt" (Actual name of product).

Looking at the Nutrients Label, for each 1/4 tsp (1.3-gram serving), there is 650 mg of potassium.

Recommended amount of potassium / potassium in each 1/4 tsp serving = 1/4 tsp servings to reach recommended amount of potassium
3700 mg / 650 mg = 5.69 1/4 tsp or rounded to just 1.5 tsp. Add to your water and enjoy.
2000 calories is retarded and for manlets and women

• +1
Reactions: MyStars
Potassium citrate is the easiest way. Cheap and has no horrible taste.

Potassium citrate is the easiest way. Cheap and has no horrible taste.
Haven't found a potassium citrate with high enough mg. They're usually regulated to small doses.

Haven't found a potassium citrate with high enough mg. They're usually regulated to small doses.
I bought powder, way cheaper than the scammy 120mg or so pills (laughable amount).

I've made a thread on this before but you can buy pure potassium salt at chemist, brewer or fertilizer shops and just mix it with tablesalt yourself for a third of no salts price.

• +1
Reactions: Tr0ubLe and MyStars

3700 mg / 650 mg = 5.69 1/4 tsp or rounded to just 1.5 tsp. Add to your water. Use the same formula for any calorie diet as long as your Sodium to Potassium intake is above 1:2.
Ideal potassium intake is 11000 per day. Thats what hunther gatherers got, nowadays people like on stavation mode.