Could there be a genetic component to growth plate closure?

T

TeencelStockBroker

Can finally delete again, goodbye bhais
both my brothers and my dad stopped growing at 18-19, even though one was skinny and 4% body fat so his estrogen was very low and my other brother who was fat and had more estrogen and even had gyno they both ended up close to the same height (6'3 and 6'1 respectively) and both stopped growing at around the same age, same with my dad who was always very lean stopped growing at 19 at 6'0 but he grew up poor so his nutrition and sleep were bad.

Is this really all coincidence? or do genetics play in?

Idk my dad hit his major growth spurt in early 20s and stopped growing at mid 20s. My only lifefuel

• Hmm...
Reactions: Skywalker and TeencelStockBroker
Idk my dad hit his major growth spurt in early 20s and stopped growing at mid 20s. My only lifefuel
:feelswat:, my father was similar, I'm guessing he stopped growing in late teens because of my brothers but he told me his beard only came in in his 20s

• Woah
Reactions: FBl
both my brothers and my dad stopped growing at 18-19, even though one was skinny and 4% body fat so his estrogen was very low and my other brother who was fat and had more estrogen and even had gyno they both ended up close to the same height (6'3 and 6'1 respectively) and both stopped growing at around the same age, same with my dad who was always very lean stopped growing at 19 at 6'0 but he grew up poor so his nutrition and sleep were bad.

Yes, there's a genetic time clock to when your growth plates will close. Growth plate closure is a process much harder to effect naturally as compared to linear height growth. For example, even though fatter children tend to stop growing faster, the difference in what age they stop showing linear height growth is only about a year or so. Growth plate closure is bound to happen exactly at the time is set in your genetics unless you make a drastic change to your body's hormonal system and take AI's to significantly reduce e2.

Not only there is a genetic component to it, it is almost exclusively determined genetically

• Ugh..
Reactions: Skywalker
my dad hit his major growth spurt in early 20s
doubt it bozo......your dad was a turbo manlet, thats why you're here, monitoring us
you're one of us, nigga

@Bozoogway @ReadBooksEveryday @Primalsplit @Kamui @klip11 @thereallegend @Vermilioncore @vermin @TechnoBoss

• JFL
Reactions: klip11, ReadBooksEveryday, Kamui and 3 others