create my own record label

maxilofailo

maxilofailo

no I’m here to looksmax
its an idea I've had for a while
the music industry is known for having the labels make the vast majority of the money
being the head of the label could be mogger asf but ofc I would have to be under a subsidiary (like how interscope is under UMG)
also creating a music streaming platform that can compete with spotify

how tf would I even go about this though

• +1
Reactions: Swarthy Knight
im in the music industry, im a minor though and under a contract with a label who casted a band (im the singer and rhythm guitar), so im not sure if my experience in the industry would be different than that of an adult’s in the industry. but what i’ve learned is that a label most of the time, has to waste a lot of money to make money. its not that easy, and you need to be insanely talented or have insanely talented producers and engineers, a whole bunch of other teams, in order to be able to be recognized by artists and other people in the industry, to have them want to work with you. this also goes hand in hand with finding an artist who has the image and abilities to make it big in the industry. you’d also need to spend a lot of money to promote the artist, get management for the artist, and pay all your teams in the label. also its basically impossible for a new streaming platform to make it big with contenders such as apple music, spotify, and soundcloud in the game. if you haven’t been doing stuff in entertainment from when you were young, or just are insanely rich, then i wouldn’t bother trying to break in.

• +1
Reactions: TheParkinSon
im in the music industry, im a minor though and under a contract with a label who casted a band (im the singer and rhythm guitar), so im not sure if my experience in the industry would be different than that of an adult’s in the industry. but what i’ve learned is that a label most of the time, has to waste a lot of money to make money. its not that easy, and you need to be insanely talented or have insanely talented producers and engineers, a whole bunch of other teams, in order to be able to be recognized by artists and other people in the industry, to have them want to work with you. this also goes hand in hand with finding an artist who has the image and abilities to make it big in the industry. you’d also need to spend a lot of money to promote the artist, get management for the artist, and pay all your teams in the label. also its basically impossible for a new streaming platform to make it big with contenders such as apple music, spotify, and soundcloud in the game. if you haven’t been doing stuff in entertainment from when you were young, or just are insanely rich, then i wouldn’t bother trying to break in.
i probably missed some stuff because im a little busy right now waiting for my flight

brutal
best bet is to become an entertainment lawyer
try to make some connections that way

its so hard to make it in entertainment, even just the business side

is that anakin as dorian grey in your pfp?

I aspired to be a music mogul like Diddy when I was young. Not so sure about that anymore...

• JFL
Reactions: maxilofailo