Custom malar implants in 4 days, but I'm doubting the design at the last moment

volslayer187

volslayer187

Iron
What do you think of this design?

After 2 years of bimax I'm finally getting malar implants to improve the upper maxilla, which was "left behind".

At the last moment though, and after rejecting paranasal implants which was the plan to go along the malar implants, I feel they're not going to give the result I was expecting.

I think these implants only cover a small portion of the upper maxilla. Submalar and paranasal areas are recessed too, and it might make them more obviously recessed. After editing some photos it seems the result could be a long unnatural ogee curve due to needing more augmentation in the submalar area. It might also make my eye hollows look worse.

At the same time I'm the ideal candidate for this. After seeing a lot of custom midface implants, I didn't find anyone with a higher distance between the malar bone and the pogonion. Not sure anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_2987.jpg
    IMG_2987.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2991.jpg
    IMG_2991.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Malar D_Frontal.jpg
    Malar D_Frontal.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Malar D_LD.JPG
    Malar D_LD.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 0
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, lasnt, Deleted member 21403 and 2 others
submalar is how you get the gay look. your paranasal does look pretty recessed

why are you not doing paranasal implants also?

why are you not doing paranasal implants also?
Bump
Money was close, so I thought I would get filler first to see how it could look. My nasolabial angle is quite high already

whose the surgeon?

• +1
Reactions: Red Fox
Interesting, I'm going with pagnoni + RSM one of the implants is going to be malar (infra/zygo/saddle etc). How do you even gauge if its a good design etc? I've got quite thicc skin with 0 ogee curve. Initial suggestion is to go with 7mm, will see what RSM says. Outside of that i have no idea what else to look for.

That looks quite downward grown and implants peaks point down as well, maybe they should point more forward.

Interesting, I'm going with pagnoni + RSM one of the implants is going to be malar (infra/zygo/saddle etc). How do you even gauge if its a good design etc? I've got quite thicc skin with 0 ogee curve. Initial suggestion is to go with 7mm, will see what RSM says. Outside of that i have no idea what else to look for.
Pagnoni botched an user here

every surgeon botched someone before, so stop with the bs. dude he botched also was mentally ill and had no recession but still got bimax.

Yes, I've read over the threads. I'm actually having genio + revision bimax to correct my previously botched bimax by the NHS with him

• +1
Reactions: jon_chase89 and UglyAsHell
Not good because it should make your orbits more compact, rising your infraorbital rim height. Yours doesn't do that and as such won't give you high set cheekbones, just will augment what you already have (and won't look very natural).

Search for saddle infraorbital rim implants, plenty of posts made here. They are called saddle because they sit on top of the infraorbital, augmenting their height. Your design will have to incorporate a saddle to be good.
This is a great example:

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers and Deleted member 20631
Your skull is so symmetric. I envy you.

Bump
Money was close, so I thought I would get filler first to see how it could look. My nasolabial angle is quite high already
you could save up more to get both done at the same time. i dont think fillers would give the same effect. i get what you mean that your midface was "left behind" because you only had a lefort 1, not 2/3

also i feel like your implant design doesnt fully sit on your entire zygo, it kind of just starts out of nowhere. i would think having a larger surface area would look better/more natural

Not good because it should make your orbits more compact, rising your infraorbital rim height. Yours doesn't do that and as such won't give you high set cheekbones, just will augment what you already have (and won't look very natural).

Search for saddle infraorbital rim implants, plenty of posts made here. They are called saddle because they sit on top of the infraorbital, augmenting their height. Your design will have to incorporate a saddle to be good.
This is a great example:
IDK man, everyone here swears by Eppley designs like the IOM implant with saddle, but most results I've seen look quite bad. I've also seen good results without a saddle. Or do you mean for my specific case augmenting the orbital rims is necessary? I mean almost everyone with maxilla recession has it on the entire maxilla not just on specific areas.

I also don't really want high set cheekbones, just a less flatter upper maxilla. I feel any augmentation on my upper midface should look good just because how far back it is from the pogonion and upper lip.

But honestly I'm just looking for excuses at this point bc I can't cancel my surgery tomorrow without losing the money.

IDK man, everyone here swears by Eppley designs like the IOM implant with saddle, but most results I've seen look quite bad. I've also seen good results without a saddle. Or do you mean for my specific case augmenting the orbital rims is necessary? I mean almost everyone with maxilla recession has it on the entire maxilla not just on specific areas.

I also don't really want high set cheekbones, just a less flatter upper maxilla. I feel any augmentation on my upper midface should look good just because how far back it is from the pogonion and upper lip.

But honestly I'm just looking for excuses at this point bc I can't cancel my surgery tomorrow without losing the money.

Eppley does not design implants, they are designed by a random engineer with Eppley's input. No surgeon designs the implants as it requires CAD knowledge, which is outside their area of expertise.

The saddle is good because people that have good cheekbones have compact orbits too, and augmenting below the orbit will make the big orbits more apparent. I'm not saying you won't look better with this specific implant, just that the saddled design will be better IMO.

Eppley does not design implants, they are designed by a random engineer with Eppley's input. No surgeon designs the implants as it requires CAD knowledge, which is outside their area of expertise.

The saddle is good because people that have good cheekbones have compact orbits too, and augmenting below the orbit will make the big orbits more apparent. I'm not saying you won't look better with this specific implant, just that the saddled design will be better IMO.
I understand. One of my main concerns was my hollow under eyes looking worse, cause yeah, people with good cheekbones usually have compact orbitals. Same concern with my paranasal area. No one would do an infraorbital implant where I live, and this implant is actually placed quite high compared to other surgeon's custom designs here

• +1
Reactions: NegativeNorwood