Defrancq retired; who else does custom PEEK jaw implants?

crosshold

crosshold

Yujiromaxxing
I reached out for a consultation but got an email back saying that he ended his work. I am making the assumption that he retired since he was old. I didn't really care to specifically go to him I guess but I don't know any other surgeons that work with PEEK. Does anyone else know?

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: saiya_online and Chinlet Ascension
brutal jfl

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: saiya_online, Artemis and Deleted member 23017
works with medpor but not PEEK, what the fuck is wrong with these people. How hard can it be to do PEEK instead of medpor

• +1
Reactions: saiya_online and callisto
@Gaia262 good the clown DeFrancq is scamming people no more

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Ramieri does PEEK jaw,

• Hmm...
Reactions: Dystopian
I reached out for a consultation but got an email back saying that he ended his work. I am making the assumption that he retired since he was old. I didn't really care to specifically go to him I guess but I don't know any other surgeons that work with PEEK. Does anyone else know?

View attachment 2042472
Pity.

He cannot butcher unsuspecting incels anymore...

Sick Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

He will be forever in our hearts :feelsrope:

• JFL
Reactions: saiya_online, RichardSpencel and Deleted member 28691
If you’re in the US or would travel here, I can DM you the name of an experienced oral surgeon who I used.

WTF WHY??? He was the only one close to where i live :feelswhy:

Lol I consulted him Last week in Person. Funny that He retires literally 1 week after I visited him

Be happy Defrancq is a botcher with no eye for aesthetic.

You dodged a bullet. Defranq has the worst results of any plastic surgeon I've ever seen that deals with facial implants.

Not sure why some people are fixated on PEEK implants. Implant material doesn't affect the appearance.

You dodged a bullet. Defranq has the worst results of any plastic surgeon I've ever seen that deals with facial implants.

Not sure why some people are fixated on PEEK implants. Implant material doesn't affect the appearance.
doesnt make that much of a difference on appearance but does in longevity

also im pretty sure silicone could looks slightly more bloated because of chronic inflammation due to it being not biocompatible

also im pretty sure silicone could looks slightly more bloated because of chronic inflammation due to it being not biocompatible
Sounds like total broscience. Do you have any evidence of this?

doesnt make that much of a difference on appearance but does in longevity
A well-placed and well-designed (i.e. fits your face properly) custom silicone implant should last a lifetime.

Sounds like total broscience. Do you have any evidence of this?

A well-placed and well-designed (i.e. fits your face properly) custom silicone implant should last a lifetime.
well believe what you want

• +1
Reactions: valhalar
well believe what you want
Do you have any legit evidence? I want to read it if it's available, but I haven't seen anything that would support your claims.

Do you have any legit evidence? I want to read it if it's available, but I haven't seen anything that would support your claims.
if youre asking for actual studies no i dont have any that specifies that primarily silicone causes bone absorption since i havent seen a meta analysis for implant materials and their bone absorption rates

if youre asking for actual studies no i dont have any that specifies that primarily silicone causes bone absorption since i havent seen a meta analysis for implant materials and their bone absorption rates
There's a theory that bone resorption is caused by standard implants that do not fit the contours of the bones accurately, causing inconsistent pressure throughout the surface area, and that well-fitted and well-placed custom implants will not have this issue. If this is true, resorption is not really a matter of material type.

There's a theory that bone resorption is caused by standard implants that do not fit the contours of the bones accurately, causing inconsistent pressure throughout the surface area, and that well-fitted and well-placed custom implants will not have this issue. If this is true, resorption is not really a matter of material type.
im sure that theory is at least part of it. i personally still believe implant material matters. study below shows that different implant materials have different inflammatory phases and osseointegrations. its hard to find data comparing implant materials with silicone

1. The up-regulation of the neutrophil specific factor NCF-1 around Cu and PEEK, indicates a higher inflammatory activity and may in part contribute to an inferior osseointegration on materials other than Ti;
  2. Bone forming environment (suppression of bone resorption) develops around all three implanted materials at an early stage, and within the inflammatory period;
  3. At tissue level, only Ti seems to lead to osseointegration; PEEK and Cu show little or no implant related bone formation (respectively)—Which probably reflects the slightly more pronounced immune activation around the latter materials at this early stage;

• +1
Reactions: saiya_online and valhalar
look into stress shielding. i think that may be the key to bone absorption. reading into it now

im sure that theory is at least part of it. i personally still believe implant material matters. study below shows that different implant materials have different inflammatory phases and osseointegrations. its hard to find data comparing implant materials with silicone

1. The up-regulation of the neutrophil specific factor NCF-1 around Cu and PEEK, indicates a higher inflammatory activity and may in part contribute to an inferior osseointegration on materials other than Ti;
  2. Bone forming environment (suppression of bone resorption) develops around all three implanted materials at an early stage, and within the inflammatory period;
  3. At tissue level, only Ti seems to lead to osseointegration; PEEK and Cu show little or no implant related bone formation (respectively)—Which probably reflects the slightly more pronounced immune activation around the latter materials at this early stage;
Interesting, but a few points:

1) Inflammatory phases probably aren't a big deal. If it takes longer (a few more months) for swelling to fully reside, is that really that much of a problem? Some people make a big deal out of surgery recovery. I just see it as a part of the process and it doesn't bother me much.
2) "Longer inflammatory phase" does not mean permanent inflammation.
3) I think total osseointegration might be a problem in the rare case that you actually need to have the implant removed at some point in the future. All you really need is for your tissues to make a pocket that keeps the implant firmly in place and for inflammation to eventually go away (for good aesthetic results).

DeFraud finally retired? It made my day.

Any updates? Feels like there is no surgeon in Europe that does custom PEEK implants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back