Deviated septum root cause of my recession?

Aspiemogger

Aspiemogger

Lord Mayor of Mog City
I'll keep this one short, my septum is quite deviated towards the left (my right) and I have a collapsed Nasal valve, I think this is the reason many of my failos exist

IMG 20230911 010909

^ I asked some dude what my failos were, what I interpreted is that my face lacks forward growth and proper craniofacial development.
Basically my septum has been deviated my whole life, I was a mouth breather for 13 years straight (exclusive mouth breather) because I have never been able to breath though my nose at all, I only recently started mewing, but it's super difficult to get the tongue posture due to my narrow palate.

Fortunately I have found a small fix, nasal congestion sprays help me so so much with breathing through my nose. 2-3 squirts in each nostril and I can nose breathe with mild effort I also discovered that it I sleep on the left side of my head my nose unblocks a little but without that nasal spray my nose doesn't work at all

(pictures)
IMG 20230911 000958

Yes iam squinting slightly due to back camera + flash
Snapchat 608043698

Side profile

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: chosen-one and exo
if I were you I’d book an appointment with an ERT or what u call it in your country to talk about the deviated septum. Probably a septoplasty is needed and if the surgeon is generous you can do a rhinoplasty in the same day
That’s all I would do, stop stressing too much

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 56523
I've done what you recommended, the doctor claims the surgeons won't operate on it because it's "not that deviated "

Snapchat 699258125

Jfl at this picture

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx, chosen-one and Krakowski
i had the same type and got the surgery

it looks a lot better now
Hopefully I can find another doctor that will allow me to get it fixed 😭