Difference between cantho and lower eyelid retraction?

D

Deleted member 2846

Kraken
@Golden Glass whats the difference?

Lower eyelid retraction is a cosmetic issue of the lower eyelid. This can be addressed through surgery.

And “cantho” can refer to canthopexy or canthoplasty so...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
Lower eyelid retraction is a cosmetic issue of the lower eyelid. This can be addressed through surgery.

so it’s the same thing?

Is this a troll?
-_- no i’m srs. imo lower eyelid retraction looks uncanny in most cases and cantho looks more natural. i wanna get rid of my slight nct and make it neutral tilt.

Lol is golden glass google now?😂

• JFL
Reactions: Golden Glass
-_- no i’m srs. imo lower eyelid retraction looks uncanny in most cases and cantho looks more natural. i wanna get rid of my slight nct and make it neutral tilt.
Then AFAIK
you’re using the terms wrong.

“Lower eyelid retraction” is an issue where your lower lid is quite droopy and you have a lot of sclera show.

And “cantho” can refer to canthoplasty or canthopexy. You haven’t made clear which you’re referring to
Lol is golden glass google now?😂
Google Glass

Then AFAIK
you’re using the terms wrong.

“Lower eyelid retraction” is an issue where your lower lid is quite droopy and you have a lot of sclera show.

And “cantho” can refer to canthoplasty or canthopexy. You haven’t made clear which you’re referring to

Google Glass
oh my bad. i’m referring to plasty.

001AC7D2 A2B4 4118 B247 6A7F468817C6

my lower lids r like hers in the bedore. but not as a sharp of a medial canthus

oh my bad. i’m referring to plasty.

View attachment 265373

my lower lids r like hers in the bedore. but not as a sharp of a medial canthus
Okay then even if you’re just referring to canthoplasty, the question doesn’t really make sense, considering that you’re asking me to compare a problem with a solution.

It would be like asking
“Hey what’s the difference between obesity and working out?”

Lower eyelid retraction (again, AFAIK) is what that girl in the before had, where her lower lid was retracted and droopy.

Canthoplasty is a possible solution, as is canthopexy. You can’t really ask me to state the difference between a surgery and a problem the surgery is trying to fix.

Okay then even if you’re just referring to canthoplasty, the question doesn’t really make sense, considering that you’re asking me to compare a problem with a solution.

It would be like asking
“Hey what’s the difference between obesity and working out?”

Lower eyelid retraction (again, AFAIK) is what that girl in the before had, where her lower lid was retracted and droopy.

Canthoplasty is a possible solution, as is canthopexy. You can’t really ask me to state the difference between a surgery and a problem the surgery is trying to fix.
she had both lower lid retraction and canthkplasty. i’m just wondering what the difference is btw the two. like it seems to me that they do the same thing which is raising the lower eyelid up.

she had both lower lid retraction and canthkplasty. i’m just wondering what the difference is btw the two. like it seems to me that they do the same thing which is raising the lower eyelid up.
I swear to god either I’m mistaking something big time or you are:ROFLMAO:

what is the difference btw the two?
Alright I’m fairly sure I’m not mistaken. But if I am, eyelidcels can hop in and correct me.

You’re asking a question that makes no sense

Lower Eyelid retraction is the problem you’re complaining about

And canthoplasty is one (of many) possible solutions

Do you get it now?

• JFL
Alright I’m fairly sure I’m not mistaken. But if I am, eyelidcels can hop in and correct me.

You’re asking a question that makes no sense

Lower Eyelid retraction is the problem you’re complaining about

And canthoplasty is one (of many) possible solutions

Do you get it now?
@PrettyBoyMaxxing is referring to lower eyelid retraction surgery

• +1
@PrettyBoyMaxxing is referring to lower eyelid retraction surgery
If he means “lower eyelid retraction surgery” as in a surgery that addresses lower eyelid retraction, afaik, a number of different surgeries can do that?

If he means “lower eyelid retraction surgery” as in a surgery that addresses lower eyelid retraction, afaik, a number of different surgeries can do that?
Ye, it's a blanket term for multiple surgeries.

lower eyelid retraction is the name of the surgery!!!

• JFL
Reactions: Golden Glass
No bro this is where I think you’re wrong.

Lower eyelid retraction is the problem.

“Lower eyelid retraction surgery” is whatever a surgeon decides to call a combo of procedures that he will do on someone to fix their lower eyelid retraction.

• +1
Reactions: Looksmax305
But it's a combination of different surgeries, i.e. space grafting, canthoplasty, upper eyelid ptosis surgery, etc.

Lower eyelid retraction surgery isn't a specific procedure

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass and Deleted member 2846
No bro this is where I think you’re wrong.

Lower eyelid retraction is the problem.

“Lower eyelid retraction surgery” is whatever a surgeon decides to call a combo of procedures that he will do on someone to fix their lower eyelid retraction.
i see...

• JFL
Reactions: Cope
Yeah, imagine you go on a jaw surgeons website,

And you see a before and after of a bimax, with a Lefort I with CCW rotation, and a BSSO. And the before and after is just labeled “Underbite Surgery”.

And you also see another before and after labeled “Underbite Surgery” but in that case, only a Lefort I was done.

What you were basically asking me was

“Hey, what’s the difference between Underbite, and Lefort?”

• +1

What's the difference between canthoplasty and canthopexy

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401