DISMANTLING COPE LOGIC "people won't go through/will not be aware of surgeries they need to increase their PSL)

H

hopebfrascend

Iron
Put simply, the majority will not, some will. The amount will be enough to make a sizeable difference in the number of attractive people.

Additionally, the more surgeries people get the larger the chance of them getting good results out of less well-known surgeries like BIMAX or OBO. Which will increase the idealisation of those surgeries.

Also, demand = supply. The larger the demand for surgeries, more innovations in the supply sector (i.e orthognathic surgery, gene editing). We will soon see safer surgeries and surgeries with better results.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24262, Deleted member 29167, Octavian_Augustus and 1 other person
Plastic surgery market is expected to grow 11% annually hence doubling every ~ 7 year (per rule of 70) there will indeed be more demand and funding.

This also means more competition like you say. Life's always been a rat race. It used to be all about money now looks matter more so it's about money and looks. People will do what they need to do to compete.

This is a good debatable topic.

I've thought about this for a while, and you do bring up some good points.

The thing about the supply and demand thing for surgeries: It's already highly in demand. Plastic surgery is a giant muli billion dollar industry. It's already well known in the media because of celebrities and model /influencers. I don't think it will matter really. Trends like Looksmax on TikTok will be gone like the wind soon.

If more people know about these surgeries, then the price will go up from demand, which is not necessarily a bad thing if you were early and got these procedures done already.

There's so many requirements and barriers needed to even go through with surgery.

This is a good debatable topic.

I've thought about this for a while, and you do bring up some good points.

The thing about the supply and demand thing for surgeries: It's already highly in demand. Plastic surgery is a giant muli billion dollar industry. It's already well known in the media because of celebrities and model /influencers. I don't think it will matter really. Trends like Looksmax on TikTok will be gone like the wind soon.

If more people know about these surgeries, then the price will go up from demand, which is not necessarily a bad thing if you were early and got these procedures done already.

There's so many requirements and barriers needed to even go through with surgery.
Do you think it's a short term trend? The long term trend in the last 20-30 years has been for men to pay a lot more attention to their looks (gym, softmaxxing, skin care, hygiene). I think naturally as societies become more liberal and women have more sexual agency the premium on looks will continue to grow and put pressure on men to looksmax (including surgerymax)

Looksmax.org aside I think surgery will continue to become more popular among adult men.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167
Do you think it's a short term trend? The long term trend in the last 20-30 years has been for men to pay a lot more attention to their looks (gym, softmaxxing, skin care, hygience). I think naturally as societies become more liberal and women have more sexual agency the premium on looks will continue to grow and put pressure on men to looksmax (including surgerymax)

Looksmax.org aside I think surgery will continue to become more popular among adult men.

What matters to me is that Mainstream platforms stop putting Looksmax in the headlines front-page news.
They will move on to the next interesting thing soon, they always do.