DJS: BSSO vs BSSO with CCW

D

Dropdown666

Iron
Hey guys,

will a BSSO with CCW rotation by posterior Downgraft look like a greater advancement (or make the lower jaw more prominent) than a BSSO with an equal advancement but without rotation?

Example:

- Scenario A: DJS with 8mm BSSO without rotation. This will advance Pogonion also by 8mm.

- Scenario B: DJS with 8mm BSSO plus CCW by posterior Downgraft. This will advance the Pogonion in my case by 11-12mm.

I’m wondering whether scenario B will increase my lower third more than Scenario A even though the BSSO is 8mm in both cases?

Thanks ☺️

• +1
Reactions: pppokerface and eagle_tren123
People are really discussing LL and Lefort 3 while ignoring a serious question. 💀😔

• +1
Reactions: pppokerface and temporomandibular32
my nigga im sorry but idk too much about it

People are really discussing LL and Lefort 3 while ignoring a serious question. 💀😔
I mean, your question is whether a larger increase will increase your lower third more. Of course it fucking will. You can do a bimax that's all CCW. It's relatively common.

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2
I mean, your question is whether a larger increase will increase your lower third more. Of course it fucking will. You can do a bimax that's all CCW. It's relatively common
I think you misunderstood my question. Ofc a larger increase will increase lower third more. My question is whether an EQUAL increase - but done with rotation - will look bigger than a linear advancement. 😁

I think you misunderstood my question. Ofc a larger increase will increase lower third more. My question is whether an EQUAL increase - but done with rotation - will look bigger than a linear advancement. 😁
You literally say in your question 8mm pogonion advancement for scenario A, 11-12mm advancement for scenario B.

Yes, but both done by 8mm BSSO. 😁
What the fuck do you think the "8mm" or "11-12mm" means? It's how much advancement you're getting. So we're back at my last comment. Of course more advance is more fucking advancement!

• JFL
Reactions: zeek
What the fuck do you think the "8mm" or "11-12mm" means? It's how much advancement you're getting. So we're back at my last comment. Of course more advance is more fucking advancement!
🥺

Bro don’t listen to the retards who don’t get it.

Yes you are right, CCW rotations allows for greater advancement than simple linear advancement as the mandible is pulled in front. This is why CCWr itself also frees up airways, whereas CWr causes mandible to obstruct the airway more as it’s literally pulled down to a ‘chin tuck’ position.

I myself am getting CCWr despite having SFS as I will be getting both posterior and anterior down grafts at the same time. This is to align my lower lip to upper lip (it’s a bit behind at the moment) whilst maximising advancement than what otherwise would be possible with ‘surgery first’.

I am getting about 4mm of LF1 advancement but 10.5mm of BSSO advancement. Shows you the power of CCWr. Only negative is that my OP is going from -10 degrees to -2.5 degrees so pretty flat. But that’s about it

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Dropdown666
Yes you are right, CCW rotations allows for greater advancement than simple linear advancement as the mandible is pulled in front. This is why CCWr itself also frees up airways, whereas CWr causes mandible to obstruct the airway more as it’s literally pulled down to a ‘chin tuck’ position.
Stfu, retard. OP couldn't even manage to ask a coherent question.

Stfu, retard. OP couldn't even manage to ask a coherent question.
Not my fault your IQ is lower than your body count. I understood what he was saying

• JFL
Reactions: Dropdown666
I understood what he was saying
Yeah, I don't speak retard.

This is what he asked:

"My question is whether an EQUAL increase - but done with rotation - will look bigger than a linear advancement."

This was your total non-sequitur of an answer:

"Yes you are right, CCW rotations allows for greater advancement than simple linear advancement as the mandible is pulled in front."

You didn't understand shit.

Yeah, I don't speak retard.

This is what he asked:

"My question is whether an EQUAL increase - but done with rotation - will look bigger than a linear advancement."

This was your total non-sequitur of an answer:

"Yes you are right, CCW rotations allows for greater advancement than simple linear advancement as the mandible is pulled in front."

You didn't understand shit.
What do you mean?! 😂😂😂

I literally gave an example of myself getting 4mm LF1 with 10.5mm BSSO advancement due to rotations!

Without the rotations guess how much BSSO advancement I would get? That’s right, 4mm! So I am literally getting 6.5mm of extra advancement from the CCWr over the 4mm linear advancement allowed by the LF1.

Nigga

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Dropdown666 and Seilmaximierender
What do you mean?! 😂😂😂

I literally gave an example of myself getting 4mm LF1 with 10.5mm BSSO advancement due to rotations!

Without the rotations guess how much BSSO advancement I would get? That’s right, 4mm! So I am literally getting 6.5mm of extra advancement from the CCWr over the 4mm linear advancement allowed by the LF1.

Nigga
Except OP points out in the OP that he knows CCWr provides additional advancement when he says this:

"Scenario B: DJS with 8mm BSSO plus CCW by posterior Downgraft. This will advance the Pogonion in my case by 11-12mm."

So what additional information does your answer provide?

Bro don’t listen to the retards who don’t get it.

I myself am getting CCWr despite having SFS as I will be getting both posterior and anterior down grafts at the same time. This is to align my lower lip to upper lip (it’s a bit behind at the moment) whilst maximising advancement than what otherwise would be possible with ‘surgery first’.

I am getting about 4mm of LF1 advancement but 10.5mm of BSSO advancement. Shows you the power of CCWr. Only negative is that my OP is going from -10 degrees to -2.5 degrees so pretty flat. But that’s about it
Thanks man, now it’s clear for me. Wish you the best luck for your BIMAX!

Stfu, retard. OP couldn't even manage to ask a coherent question
You need to drink a green tea brother. 🧘‍♂️

• +1
Reactions: eagle_tren123
Are you asking if it‘s 1:1? I dont get the question