Do doctors test your hair for DHT sensitivity before prescribing finasteride?

D

Deleted member 4310

Kraken
I don't want to take fin if it's not necessary because my maternal grandfather is NW0 and he just turned 80 and my father is in his 50's and his temples started receding recently so there's a big chance that i'll keep my hair for now at least.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
NW0 at 80 JFL

elite of the elite genetics

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 275, Lorsss, Deleted member 685 and 8 others
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4887, Deleted member 685, Deleted member 1464 and 1 other person
Sweden is cucked hard tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464
jfl if you need prescriptions

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 685, BigBiceps, Deleted member 1464 and 1 other person
Sweden bruh you need a prescription for everything
i've bought anti depressants without prescription in the past but the fucker wont give it to me anymore. lets me buy modafinil tho

doctors don't test your hair for dht sensitivity, because it's utter broscience and doesn't actually exist
besides, why would finasteride, of all drugs, need to be prescription only ?

Sweden bruh you need a prescription for everything
Buy finpecia from all day chemist if you’re going to get it. But if your grandfather is nw0 at 80 then you will probably never worry about hair loss in your life lol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4310
Buy finpecia from all day chemist if you’re going to get it. But if your grandfather is nw0 at 80 then you will probably never worry about hair loss in your life lol
i'm prepared for the worst, something's telling me that I will be the unlucky one in my family. My brother is 2 years older than me and shows no signs of balding but my genetics are shit so it wouln't surprise me if I somehow got the balding gene.

NW0 at 80 JFL

elite of the elite genetics
Thats most of the guys on my mothers side meanwhile I've been receding since high school.

• +1
Don't do it. There's absolutely zero reasons to go on fin until you actually notice any receding happening. It'll ruin your face and elevate your estrogen levels.
If someone is seriously suggesting guy with no recession to take finasteride, they need to rope asap.
Palpatine6

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Chadelite and BigBiceps
Don't do it. There's absolutely zero reasons to go on fin until you actually notice any receding happening. It'll ruin your face and elevate your estrogen levels.
If someone is seriously suggesting guy with no recession to take finasteride, they need to rope asap.
I have had bloodworks and my estrogen did not increase with finasteride

• +1
Reactions: Zeta ascended and Deleted member 4310
View attachment 273054
It definitely doesn't ruin your face, I have been on fin for a while now and my face is still developing fine (getting more masculine as I grow up)

This will happen to me no doubt
Don't do it. There is no reason to do it if the men in your mothers side of the family haven't recessed and your father only started receding at 50. Your chances of being a exception to the rule are like 1%. Not worth it.
Finasteride

I have had bloodworks and my estrogen did not increase with finasteride
Lucky you. Many men will have entirely different results.
Side effects of Propecia include:

• impotence,
  • loss of interest in sex,
  • trouble having an orgasm,
  • abnormal ejaculation,
  • swelling in your hands or feet,
  • swelling or tenderness in your breasts,
  • dizziness,
  • weakness,
  • feeling like you might pass out,
  • headache,
  • runny nose, or
  • skin rash.

Don't do it. There is no reason to do it if the men in your mothers side of the family haven't recessed and your father only started receding at 50. Your chances of being a exception to the rule are like 1%. Not worth it.
View attachment 273066
How much of the balding gene comes from my father? I'm worried because I noticed some hairloss on his Crown that I haven't seen before

I will definitely save money for a HT just in case

How much of the balding gene comes from my father? I'm worried because I noticed some hairloss on his Crown that I haven't seen before

I will definitely save money for a HT just in case
Usually balding genetics come from mothers side of the family. Besides, even if you got your fathers hair genetics, he started receding in his 50s. There's absolutely nothing to worry about, at 50 it's irrelevant if you have any hair anyways.

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood and Deleted member 4310