Do people with extreme short compact midfaces get a false SMV boost with the new iphone focal lengths?

J

Jerryterry129

Zephir
Context: every year the iPhones focal length gets wider and wider meaning more lens distortion

I notice this now, some dudes who look like shit in 35-55mm now looking crazy good in the frauded 22mm selfies iPhones now

Irl and in 33-55mm their faces are unattractively compact/bloated, flat and short asf.

Like the lens distortion makes the distance between their inner face and the outer edges of the head/face look normal and give them psl boost

If you have a normal face though it will lower your SMV

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167 and rubberduck
Yes. Selfies are cope

• Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 32973 and pneumocystosis
Disregarding asianish flat features(il find a dif example for that)

He’s an example of white guy with a too compact mid face who would go from a 4 to a 6 from lens distortion from a selfie

His inner face would balloon up from barrel distortion making his face look normal and automatically give him a false 2.5+ PSL boost

The newer phones from 2017+ are falsely making these type of dudes goodlooking (online only obv not irl)

There are people more extreme than this dude but it’s just an example

Attachments

• IMG_8979.jpeg
    IMG_8979.jpeg
    359.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8980.jpeg
    IMG_8980.jpeg
    252.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: tinderhacker, Deleted member 29167 and pneumocystosis
whats the realistic zoom for selfies? I notice I looked best 2-2.5x zoom from selfie

whats the realistic zoom for selfies? I notice I looked best 2-2.5x zoom from selfie
Zoom doesn’t mean shit unless phone has telephoto lens and the actual focal length changes

iPhones without the telephoto camera just zoom in with the regular focal length and then crop the pic so the distortion is still all there lmao

Have to actually check the focal length of the photo(and not the iso but the camera focal length)says on bottom of photo on iPhone

Last edited:
Zoom doesn’t mean shit unless phone has telephoto lens and the actual focal length changes

iPhones without the telephoto camera just zoom in with the regular focal length and then crop the pic so the distortion is still all there lmao

Have to actually check the focal length of the photo
The 12 pro max has a telephoto lens? Is the one I use

Great thread. Thought I was the only one who thought this because you ALWAYS see people saying the opposite and how everyone looks so much better IRL or in longer focal length photos than selfies. I have a wide jaw/face and also store more fat in my face so very babyface looking even though I’m fit (14% bf, trying to get to 8-10%) and I find I look better in selfies because it slims the face lol. I actually think a lot of people do bevause a lot of people have bloated faces

• +1
Reactions: tia0505
Great thread. Thought I was the only one who thought this because you ALWAYS see people saying the opposite and how everyone looks so much better IRL or in longer focal length photos than selfies. I have a wide jaw/face and also store more fat in my face so very babyface looking even though I’m fit (14% bf, trying to get to 8-10%) and I find I look better in selfies because it slims the face lol. I actually think a lot of people do bevause a lot of people have bloated faces

Ye I too notice especialy when I lean down a lot your face will look like shit in the lens distortion and vice versa when higher body fat

But it has more to do with midface/flat faces too and how small your inner face is compared to your outter face (or in other words how small your face is compared to your head)

Last edited:
Bump

Idk why this ain’t picking up. I see so many fat face dudes, flat faces, (and with small faces and big heads)getting turned into 8/10s from lens distortion

Bump

Idk why this ain’t picking up. I see so many fat face dudes, flat faces, (and with small faces and big heads)getting turned into 8/10s from lens distortion

its true, my iphone 11 back camera also does the same thing.

My back camera photos where im standing 1 feet away vs zoomed in photos from 3-4 feet away are completely different. The 1 feet photos slims and makes the face look longer.

Also my photos from my samsung galaxy s9 from 4 years ago are much better than my iphone 11 photos. Even though I mog my old self to underworld.

its true, my iphone 11 back camera also does the same thing.

My back camera photos where im standing 1 feet away vs zoomed in photos from 3-4 feet away are completely different. The 1 feet photos slims and makes the face look longer.

Also my photos from my samsung galaxy s9 from 4 years ago are much better than my iphone 11 photos. Even though I mog my old self to underworld.
You’re still getting affected by lens distortion if you stand a couple feet back(even 10 feet) just not as much

It’s called barrel distortion

• +1
Reactions: tinderhacker
You’re still getting affected by lens distortion if you stand a couple feet back(even 10 feet) just not as much

It’s called barrel distortion

Yeah its terrible, I even look different in natural lighting compared to white indoor bulbs or orange indoor bulbs.

When I got my hair bleached I remember looking amazing in white and orange lighting and terrible in natural lighting.

I still havent figured out what I truly looks like. Every mirror i encounter I look different bc of light placement (above, in front, on the side, behind above etc.) and light color (orange vs white). Its frustrating af

• +1
Reactions: humanoidsub7
yea bro yesterday i took some selfies with my iphone 11 and my face was a bit narrow and my midface looked much worse than real life

Yeah its terrible, I even look different in natural lighting compared to white indoor bulbs or orange indoor bulbs.

When I got my hair bleached I remember looking amazing in white and orange lighting and terrible in natural lighting.

I still havent figured out what I truly looks like. Every mirror i encounter I look different bc of light placement (above, in front, on the side, behind above etc.) and light color (orange vs white). Its frustrating af
Still got this problem. It's even worse when you're not even Chad but not 100% subhuman