Does bow leg surgery affect athleticism

Kavkaz777

Kavkaz777

Iron
just found out that i have bow legs and that I was supposed to be 6ft tall (5’10 rn) and I’m thinking of getting corrective surgery, but my biggest worry is that it will hinder my athletic abilities, can someone confirm if this is true or not ?

just found out that i have bow legs and that I was supposed to be 6ft tall (5’10 rn) and I’m thinking of getting corrective surgery, but my biggest worry is that it will hinder my athletic abilities, can someone confirm if this is true or not ?
depends on your recovery, ask yourself this. Do you actually have something going on in your career as an athlete? if you do then dont do it, if you just do sports for fun then go for it

depends on your recovery, ask yourself this. Do you actually have something going on in your career as an athlete? if you do then dont do it, if you just do sports for fun then go for it
I do mma competitively that’s why I’m worried, i know everyone would advise me against the surgery but I am planning on moving to a higher weight class and I need every single inch of height that I can get I also have a heightmaxxing stack 6’3 ogre or death

• +1
Reactions: hardestmfintheroom
I do mma competitively that’s why I’m worried, i know everyone would advise me against the surgery but I am planning on moving to a higher weight class and I need every single inch of height that I can get I also have a heightmaxxing stack 6’3 ogre or death
how are you gonna heightmax taking substances is illegal no?

How old are you?

Yeah it could definitely affect athleticism.
I used to play at a high level and never got surgery at a young age because I could lose athleticism and the risk just wasn't worth it.
Plus the surgery recovery is absolutely brootal I just went to therapy instead

• +1

Is the issue bowlegs, or is it height?
There are other ways to increase height, without risking eternal damnation.

• +1
Is it because of the recovery time
not just the time but rather because the surgery will affect you a lot, and it would be harder for you to recover at that age too

not just the time but rather because the surgery will affect you a lot, and it would be harder for you to recover at that age too
this ^

Bowlegs are usually fixed at a very young age, sometimes it doesn't even require surgery. At 17 this might really suck for you...

• +1
Is the issue bowlegs, or is it height?
There are other ways to increase height, without risking eternal damnation.
The thing is that some people say there’s advantages to being bow legged but I don’t know bro

The thing is that some people say there’s advantages to being bow legged but I don’t know bro

Just reading about bowlegs, it could be terrible for your health in the future: knee pain, back pain, degenerative conditions in the hip joints as well as pain in the ankles.

This is a life changing decision, you should be talking to a doc or parents rather incelfourm. GL