Does Orbital Decompression really reduce PFL?

blackpilledforlife

blackpilledforlife

Iron
Can anyone show me example pics ? As when I look at the before/after of Taban, they don’t have reduced PFL, the eye width looks the same.
How could OD decrease PFL?
@Titbot help bro

Titbot

Zephir

Joined Jun 8, 2019

Last seen Nov 19, 2022

Can anyone show me example pics ? As when I look at the before/after of Taban, they don’t have reduced PFL, the eye width looks the same.
@Titbot help bro
Look at this logically for a moment. What happens when you get OD? Your eyes sink back deeper in your skull. When something is further away from you, it looks smaller. Also, less of the eyeball is visible so the PFL measurment is smaller.

Look at this logically for a moment. What happens when you get OD? Your eyes sink back deeper in your skull. When something is further away from you, it looks smaller. Also, less of the eyeball is visible so the PFL measurment is smaller.
Even if it is just slight ? How much of a PFL reducation would that be? I have big UEE and considered Ptosis surgery but it would be weird on non-deepset eyes. I Was recommended OD. My eyes are already round and small Idk what to do

• +1
Reactions: Pakicel
Why is that not visible on before and afters ?

• +1
Even if it is just slight ? How much of a PFL reducation would that be? I have big UEE and considered Ptosis surgery but it would be weird on non-deepset eyes. I Was recommended OD. My eyes are already round and small Idk what to do
You would need tripod osteotomy to widen your PFL. It's very niche and unproven. So there really isn't much you can do I am afraid.

You could get orbital implants though. Pagnoni does them.

Fixing eyes is very hard tbh. You are better off maxing out other parts of your face.

Why is that not visible on before and afters ?
Perhaps, the perceived PFL doesn't change but your measured PFL does? I am not sure exactly. @Titbot made a thread on this:

Your PFL is a 3D measurement while pictures are 2D. This is something you need to take into account. It is possible for your PFL to get shorter but not actually look shorter in pictures/videos.

You would need tripod osteotomy to widen your PFL. It's very niche and unproven. So there really isn't much you can do I am afraid.

You could get orbital implants though. Pagnoni does them.

Fixing eyes is very hard tbh. You are better off maxing out other parts of your face.
I could never do implants i really hate them I’m screwed

• +1
Prolly a better way to get more deeper set eyes than OD. The root cause is likely recession in the bones around the eye, you need to somehow address that. Imo, OD is only effective for people with severely bulging eyes.

Perhaps, the perceived PFL doesn't change but your measured PFL does? I am not sure exactly. @Titbot made a thread on this:

Your PFL is a 3D measurement while pictures are 2D. This is something you need to take into account. It is possible for your PFL to get shorter but not actually look shorter in pictures/videos.
I read it 50 times I still dont understand this statement 100%
Exactly like for me its not logical whether the eye is forward or back , the eyelids width is already there, its genetics, i dont get how it could decrease to the point of it being noticed

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanityForce and Pakicel
There must be other places you can improve? What about your lower third? Or body? Or maybe non looks related things like social circle, money, status?

Prolly a better way to get more deeper set eyes than OD. The root cause is likely recession in the bones around the eye, you need to somehow address that. Imo, OD is only effective for people with severely bulging eyes.
Thats true my orbitals are recessed, my maxilla too, I will try fat graft under my eyes, but for thé upper eyelids Idk, my eyelids are really big and protruding thats why I want OD just for UEE

• +1
There must be other places you can improve? What about your lower third? Or body? Or maybe non looks related things like social circle, money, status?
True but eye area is so important :feelsbadman:

I read it 50 times I still dont understand this statement 100%
Exactly like for me its not logical whether the eye is forward or back , the eyelids width is already there, its genetics, i dont get how it could decrease to the point of it being noticed
PFL is measured from the medial canthus to lateral canthus like this:

Basically, the white part of the eyes. If you get OD, the eyes become more deepset in your orbits so less of the white part is visible.

• +1
Reactions: blackpilledforlife

View attachment 2010162

Basically, the white part of the eyes. If you get OD, the eyes become more deepset in your orbits so less of the white part is visible.
Ok I’m legit depressed now
I want to rope

• +1
My dreams shattered on the floor and im not larping I want to rope
Lots of us have unfixable failos dude. You have to accept them and move on. My phenotype is bad, my skull shape is off and ESR is fucked. But I have accepted these things and will try to fix my nose and lower third as I can realistically fix them.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392 and blackpilledforlife
I want to rope
Depending on how bad you look, there is always a way to ascend. Maybe, not necessarily through looks but geomaxxing, betabuxxing or whatever.

• +1
Lots of us have unfixable failos dude. You have to accept them and move on. My phenotype is bad, my skull shape is off and ESR is fucked. But I have accepted these things and will try to fix my nose and lower third as I can realistically fix them.
Respect for you for accepting it and moving on. Its hard to do especially when you’re NON NT like most of us are here and dont have friends. Hope it goes well for your nose and lower third

• +1
Depending on how bad you look, there is always a way to ascend. Maybe, not necessarily through looks but geomaxxing, betabuxxing or whatever.
True
Could you betabuxx? It disgust me so much

• +1

View attachment 2010162

Do you think the PFL reduction will be slight ? Like unnoticeable ? Or IT will be really noticeable?

• +1
Do you think the PFL reduction will be slight ? Like unnoticeable ? Or IT will be really noticeable?
It's hard to predict. It depends on your anatomy and you will have to consult with surgeons.

• +1
It's hard to predict. It depends on your anatomy and you will have to consult with surgeons.
Will they tell me the truth or only lie to grab my money

• +1
Will they tell me the truth or only lie to grab my money
It's something you have to figure out for yourself.

These surgeons are businessmen first and foremost but they have some ethics.

• +1
Yes
1mm apparently

It's something you have to figure out for yourself.

These surgeons are businessmen first and foremost but they have some ethics.
I hope so

WTF :feelsbadman: Can you tell me where you read this ?
Titbot (ex user here) got eye surgery and we had many video calls discussing it, because I was planning on getting it

he got OD and said his pfl and ipd decreased.

• +1
Titbot (ex user here) got eye surgery and we had many video calls discussing it, because I was planning on getting it

But he went with vreck or Idk his name no ? Maybe he was botched by this surgeon ? Or too much OD?

Youre not doing it no more ?

@Titbot help bro
perhaps od's pfl reducing properties could be countered in conjuction with canthopexy which I believe increases pfl (tho iam new to this and am not certain correct me if im wrong)