Does this mean that MINOXIDIL does not block androgen receptors in prostate? Need the opinion of a scientist or a medical student!!!

A

alisalamaz

Iron
There is one in-vitro study https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24742982/ where it says that minoxidil may suppress androgen receptors in petri dish, which I hardly believe since minoxidil causes hypertrichosis.There is not a single AR blocker (anti-androgen) that would cause hypertrichosis. I started doing research because of this shit study because I didn't want to apply anti-androgen on my face that blocks my AR receptors. I started doing research and dug out this old study. Please explain this study to me, especially where it says about the rat prostate cytosol androgen receptor studies.I didn't quite get it.It says "Lack of displacement of labeled testosterone from rat prostate cytosol androgen receptor by phenytoin,diazoxide,minoxidil” Does this mean that minoxidil does not block androgen receptors in rat prostate?

Attachments

• Minoxidil androgen receptors.pdf
    351.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 568771CC-4EFC-4977-936E-5C8381FA5A41.jpeg
    568771CC-4EFC-4977-936E-5C8381FA5A41.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Chintuck22 and Deleted member 15827
Yes the latter study means AR is unaffected but generally speaking rat and in-vitro rarely translate well to humans. Just apply minox man you're not going to become a eunuch I assure you

Don't forget that minoxidil is derived from a plant, which in it's essence has isoflavones (Rosmarinus officinalis L.)

Isoflavones are anti nutrients in plants which promotes supression of androgens, soybeans, grains, legumes have isoflavones

They can be severe if the plant is not processed enough, but even then, when you destroy most of the antinutrients.. You still have some % of antinutrients, and complete absence of nutrients.

• JFL
Reactions: Schizoidcel and Deleted member 15827
That is right, blocking AR is not minoxidil's mode of action. DHT is over daemonized while it is only one step in the signaling pathway that leads to hair growth/loss. What minox does is mimicking prostaglandins.

Don't forget that minoxidil is derived from a plant, which in it's essence has isoflavones (Rosmarinus officinalis L.)

Isoflavones are anti nutrients in plants which promotes supression of androgens, soybeans, grains, legumes have isoflavones

They can be severe if the plant is not processed enough, but even then, when you destroy most of the antinutrients.. You still have some % of antinutrients, and complete absence of nutrients.
Who told you that shit? minoxidil is never derived from a plant.

Minoxidil emanated from a research program which was held in 1960 by Upjohn chemists. They were evaluating the gastric acid effects of a compound named “DAM” (N, N- diallymelamine) from a chemical catalogue. On analyzing,

• They panned out that DAM reduced blood pressure in dogs but not in humans.
  • They opted for DAM metabolites named DAMN-O which went into several clinical trials in patients suffering from hypertension in 1961. It resulted in the lowered blood pressure but caused some side effects including salt and water retention, even heart failure. So DAMN-O was withdrawn from the study.
Further Upjohn researchers amalgamated several DAMN-O analogues including Minoxidil keeping the factors of side effects in mind and avoiding it. Along with minoxidil, several diuretics and beta blockers were added in the study to reverse the water and salt retention. Minoxidil showed reduction in blood pressure levels with minimal side effects during clinical trials. As word from people got out that minoxidil resulted in hair re-growth, Upjohn researchers in Kalamazoo headquarters, Michigan, inundated with the volunteers for hair loss trials with a topical formulation. This trial was performed on macaques (a species prone to hair thinning) and re-growth of hair was observed. After that, Upjohn launched minoxidil as “Regaine” topical solution of 2% in UK in 1988. Minoxidil was the first drug approved by the US Food and Drug Administration in August 1988 for the treatment of male patterned hair loss(Androgenetic alopecia).

Minoxidil is a vasodilator

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss and quakociaptockh

eat more nutrients after u take minoxidil and hella of a natural AI

who knows if castor oil is bad for male hormones too