Drone photography (another money maxxing idea I thought of)

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
You can skip this part its the back story of how I came up with the idea/why I think its good

Was over at some boomer family friends house last week and he had this aerial photo taken from his drone of his house. And it basically had a text that said "Home Sweet home" inside a picture frame. I heard multiple people talk about how cool that sounded. The price of a drone that can take birds eye photos is only 300 bucks so worst case scenario this will just get me a cool drone and no money

This will only work if you live in a nicish suburb area. Not going to work if you live in a shitty area or an area without big boomer houses. Basically I will just stuff my service flyer with a phone number and email in people's mailbox. Going to start at around 150-250 bucks per house but I'll go as low at 50-100 if I have to. Should take about 2 hours per house editing the photo putting it in a frame with some generic home quote.

Anyways does this sound like a good idea? Oh and does anyone know if its considered illegal to put a flyer on someones front door or mailbox without permission?

@ChristianChad @Danish_Retard @Hiraeth @Artemis @incel194012940 @8PSLcel

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17791, AverageTevvezFan and Mouthbreath
You can skip this part its the back story of how I came up with the idea/why I think its good

Was over at some boomer family friends house last week and he had this aerial photo taken from his drone of his house. And it basically hand a text that said "Home Sweet home" inside a picture frame. I heard multiple people talk about how cool that sounded. The price of a drone that can take birds eye photos is only 300 bucks so worst case scenario this will just get me a cool drone and no money

This will only work if you live in a nicish suburb area. Not going to work if you live in a shitty area or an area without big boomer houses. Basically I will just stuff my service flyer with a phone number and email in people's mailbox. Going to start at around 150-250 bucks per house but I'll go as low at 50-100 if I have to. Should take about 2 hours per house editing the photo putting it in a frame with some generic home quote.

Anyways does this sound like a good idea? Oh and does anyone know if its considered illegal to put a flyer on someones front door or mailbox without permission?

I do not know if this will sell well, because IMO it has a very niche appeal. Not sure you can send enough fliers to ensure a constant stream of customers for this.

But I think you should at least TRY. This will be a great experience for you. Even if it doesn't sell, you will build some confidence to try the next time with some better idea (y)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
I do not know if this will sell well, because IMO it has a very niche appeal. Not sure you can send enough fliers to ensure a constant stream of customers for this.

But I think you should at least TRY. This will be a great experience for you. Even if it doesn't sell, you will build some confidence to try the next time with some better idea (y)
Start up price is very low 300 bucks is nothing. I'm thinking if I put out flyers to maybe 1000 houses not sure how long this would take I will maybe 10-50 customers...?

I would have to do the math as I've never done something like this. Not sure how long it would take to hand those flyers out could try facebook too but the flyers are more in your face.

• +1
Reactions: Artemis

Was over at some boomer family friends house last week and he had this aerial photo taken from his drone of his house. And it basically had a text that said "Home Sweet home" inside a picture frame. I heard multiple people talk about how cool that sounded. The price of a drone that can take birds eye photos is only 300 bucks so worst case scenario this will just get me a cool drone and no money

This would be good, but I like the 3d camera money making potential better, but a 200 3d camera and tripod and put up some fliers. It’s got some wow factor and it’s better than pictures

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
This would be good, but I like the 3d camera money making potential better, but a 200 3d camera and tripod and put up some fliers. It’s got some wow factor and it’s better than pictures
Never used or heard of a 3D camera whats so special about them?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 17791
My dad has a drone he got for his birthday.

Never used or heard of a 3D camera whats so special about them?
you can make 3d models of homes much like street view of google maps, much better than pictures