E-Stim Therapy for Muscle Contraction?

widdi

widdi

😔
There are many muscles in the face that would benefit from near permanent semi contraction.

One example: The levator labii superioris muscle. This muscle controls the downturnedness of your upper lip while at the same time controlling your sceleral show (this is what you activate when you squinch or smile).

A theoretical way to enforce a contraction would be E- stim therapy. E-stim therapy sends electric impulses along your nervous system to targeted muscles to stimulate contractions. From what I've read, its a common way to treat bell's palsy which is in essence a hyper relaxation of all facial muscles on some part of your face. I don't see any reason for why a much more mild case of looseness cannot be treated via this, especially when its clear that natural variation of levator labii superioris contraction levels already exists. Its not like everyone has the same scelera show when bone support is roughly equal, and the upper lip has a lot of variation in how downturned it is.

Theoretically, if you progressively overloaded this muscle with targetted e-stim therapy you could probably get muscle memory to change the resting stage to be more contracted than it was before, which would improve sceleral show and reduce the biggest failo I see on this forum, the aspie low trust aura that many here have, which is partially caused by a slightly downturned mouths.

The machines are also pretty cheap, around the 35-40$ range on amazon. I'm surprised no one has tried this yet.

Idk man but sounds like cope

I need a low inhibcel test subject to do this. Niggas on here are cutting up their skin and sewing it back up to increase PFL when they might be able to get perma squinching benefits through minimally invasive means. It always makes more sense to manipulate stuff under soft tissue (bones, muscles) instead of raping your skin.