Expert Critique Of Bryan Johnson’s Approach To Slowing Aging

D

Deleted member 1901

Kraken
Vegan
No meat, no seafood. It’s well known (in the longevity community, not .org tho) that a low meat diet is ideal for longevity. That doesn’t mean no meat is ideal. Bryan should eat meat at least 3 days a week and should definitely eat seafood.

TRT
Ok, so he has a low calorie diet and that lowers t. Well, injecting t has no basis for the purpose of longevity, and is simply a short-term benefit. The lab rats weren’t given t injections when they were on caloric restriction, he is simply doing that because he is failing to focus on longevity and is distracted with short-term fitness and appearances. (There’s nothing wrong with that per se but he is presenting his routine as ideal for longevity)

Too much emphasis on exercise
Most people here are probably unaware because of widespread false/misleading information, but exercise isn’t anti-aging per se. My current current consensus (based on rodent studies) is that exercise improves healthspan without slowing aging and thus doesn’t affect maximum lifespan. Now there’s exceptions to this, like being completely sedentary is surely will decrease your lifespan, and post-prandial exercise seems like it could slow aging by reducing blood glucose. And it does prevent muscle loss, which is an aspect of aging. But imo, if you are already lift for an hour or two a week, lifting more will either be pointless to longevity or actually decrease it. Walking is the most natural exercise to be done in high amounts. Overall, his exercise routine is distracting him from the objective of longevity.

Unnatural Diet
Now I’m not saying an unnatural diet is bad for longevity per se (it will take unnatural things to live longer than our natural lifespans), but really I am saying that he should get his nutrients from Whole Foods over pills when possible. And consuming olive oil is unwise. It’s based on the Mediterranean diet (unreliable and weak evidence to consume olive oil), and maybe is healthier than other oils, but it’s still a processed food and not a whole food. He says he’s on “caloric restriction”, and so adding in a pure oil to take up more calories without other macronutrients is bizarre. Additionally, Bryan eats a repetitive diet with the same plant-based meals, but he should vary his diet instead and add animal foods imo.

Some final considerations
I’ve already criticized his t injections because it has no basis on longevity, only short term benefits. I can tell his overall approach is NOT longevity focused; I remember he said something about improving sexual function (but sexual function and better aging are often contradictory), also his focus on skincare (using unnatural products to hide aging in the short term without evidence for long term effects on aging (besides sunscreen)), of course his over-exertion, and I saw he was using HGH although I don’t know if he still is. (Like sexual function, growth and slow aging are often contradictory)

And finally, he is taking so many damn things, many not well researched or with known side-effects. I’m all for gambling for greater potential when odds are in your favor but I’m afraid I must point out something: there is much less mechanisms to slow aging than there is to cause harm (and thus eventually death). Hypothetically, if each of his 100 pills can in fact slow aging by independently, they each would probably not work through their own unique mechanism. Let’s say 20 of them work through being an mTOR inhibitor, then maybe you’d have the same benefit of taking only 2-3 mTOR inhibitors. So for each pill you are already taking, adding another will have less of a chance of aid but a quasi-constant chance of harm. Bryan could literally die by some complication of something he’s taking before he otherwise would have of age. At least he’s well-monitored to off-set this risk, and being well monitored is something I ought to congratulate him on.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: mvp2v1, New Technology, Ragnar and 7 others
@Krakowski @KING REIDYZ @heighscheih @Ragnar @TheHandcel @ReinerGeist1 @Eli @lilxder2 @optimisticzoomer @andy9432 @Whatashame @mvp2v1 @Reformed @Eriot Lodger @Yuno_howitez @rand anon @FutureChadronelite @TheDragon @hopecel @weebcel

• +1
Reactions: KING REIDYZ
>expert
>not a single source

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zeshama, Skywalker, eduardkoopman and 3 others
>expert
>not a single source
The source is my brain and I’m a high IQ expert

Didn’t include sources because lazy

Do research on my claims, at least I exposed you to them to research yourself

• +1
Reactions: arabcelxxx, Sushifart, Deleted member 32486 and 1 other person
seafood is trash, full of heavy metals and parasites

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Av0nr, Skywalker, Ragnar and 3 others
shut up gook muh longevity man up

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: italiangigaChad, poopoohead and NerdcelThundercok
Places with highest living ages eat a lot of meat.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Skywalker, Ragnar, garoupilled_ and 2 others
Vegan
No meat, no seafood. It’s well known (in the longevity community, not .org tho) that a low meat diet is ideal for longevity. That doesn’t mean no meat is ideal. Bryan should eat meat at least 3 days a week and should definitely eat seafood.

TRT
Ok, so he has a low calorie diet and that lowers t. Well, injecting t has no basis for the purpose of longevity, and is simply a short-term benefit. The lab rats weren’t given t injections when they were on caloric restriction, he is simply doing that because he is failing to focus on longevity and is distracted with short-term fitness and appearances. (There’s nothing wrong with that per se but he is presenting his routine as ideal for longevity)

Most people here are probably unaware because of widespread false/misleading information, but exercise isn’t anti-aging per se. My current current consensus (based on rodent studies) is that exercise improves healthspan without slowing aging and thus doesn’t affect maximum lifespan. Now there’s exceptions to this, like being completely sedentary is surely will decrease your lifespan, and post-prandial exercise seems like it could slow aging by reducing blood glucose. And it does prevent muscle loss, which is an aspect of aging. But imo, if you are already lift for an hour or two a week, lifting more will either be pointless to longevity or actually decrease it. Walking is the most natural exercise to be done in high amounts. Overall, his exercise routine is distracting him from the objective of longevity.

Unnatural Diet
Now I’m not saying an unnatural diet is bad for longevity per se (it will take unnatural things to live longer than our natural lifespans), but really I am saying that he should get his nutrients from Whole Foods over pills when possible. And consuming olive oil is unwise. It’s based on the Mediterranean diet (unreliable and weak evidence to consume olive oil), and maybe is healthier than other oils, but it’s still a processed food and not a whole food. He says he’s on “caloric restriction”, and so adding in a pure oil to take up more calories without other macronutrients is bizarre. Additionally, Bryan eats a repetitive diet with the same plant-based meals, but he should vary his diet instead and add animal foods imo.

I’ve already criticized his t injections because it has no basis on longevity, only short term benefits. I can tell his overall approach is NOT longevity focused; I remember he said something about improving sexual function (but sexual function and better aging are often contradictory), also his focus on skincare (using unnatural products to hide aging in the short term without evidence for long term effects on aging (besides sunscreen)), of course his over-exertion, and I saw he was using HGH although I don’t know if he still is. (Like sexual function, growth and slow aging are often contradictory)

And finally, he is taking so many damn things, many not well researched or with known side-effects. I’m all for gambling for greater potential when odds are in your favor but I’m afraid I must point out something: there is much less mechanisms to slow aging than there is to cause harm (and thus eventually death). Hypothetically, if each of his 100 pills can in fact slow aging by independently, they each would probably not work through their own unique mechanism. Let’s say 20 of them work through being an mTOR inhibitor, then maybe you’d have the same benefit of taking only 2-3 mTOR inhibitors. So for each pill you are already taking, adding another will have less of a chance of aid but a quasi-constant chance of harm. Bryan could literally die by some complication of something he’s taking before he otherwise would have of age. At least he’s well-monitored to off-set this risk, and being well monitored is something I ought to congratulate him on.
No longivity if i ever find you on my site death you low t bitch

• Woah
Reactions: NerdcelThundercok
Places with highest living ages eat a lot of meat.
Yeah, people blame red meat for health problems in America and shit and don’t realize it’s the fries and soda, and processing of the meat not the red meat per se

That being said, high unprocessed meat is still not ideal for longevity

savior of prettyboys

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Skywalker and redmaxx
Fish for omega 3 shell fish for taurine

cooking can kill the parasites

heavy metals are a more of problem with some seafoods and less of a problem in others

Yeah, people blame red meat for health problems in America and shit and don’t realize it’s the fries and soda, and processing of the meat not the red meat per se

That being said, high unprocessed meat is still not ideal for longevity
Yh i don't think you should eat red meat every day. This guy taking 100 supplements is retarded. Eat healthy unprocessed foods that includes meat, some veggies and do some exercise. People overcomplicate things a lot.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
He feels like a plant tbh

Agree with all your points

Also lol @ him using all those skincare products and avoiding the sun aswell.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Deleted member 1901
Are you trying to live a long life or a good life innit

He feels like a plant tbh

Agree with all your points

Also lol @ him using all those skincare products and avoiding the sun aswell.
Sun avoidance is certainly good for skin aging but not necessarily longevity

Sunscreen is good

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21863 and Krakowski
Are you trying to live a long life or a good life innit
Slowing aging does Both

Sun avoidance is certainly good for skin aging but not necessarily longevity

Sunscreen is good
Sun screen is poison that highers the risk of cancer.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer, Deleted member 21863 and Deleted member 1901
Btw, I heard freezing seafood for a 7 days inactivated toxoplasma cysts

I still cook all seafood and meat throughly but what’s your opinion on freezing

Sun screen is poison that joggers the risk of cancer.
It’s definitely unnatural and I hate the long list of ingredients

So I’ve worried about it harming my skin (which it probably does) but it’s a situation of risk vs reward

He's a dumbass dipshit who became a billionaire by exploiting others' labor and life like a dipshit

too high iq thread for this forum

• +1
Fish for omega 3 shell fish for taurine

cooking can kill the parasites

heavy metals are a more of problem with some seafoods and less of a problem in others
shellfish are the cockroaches of the sea. They eat anything, garbage collectors. I think following a diet based on what the bible says about clean and unclean meats should be followed.

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: KING REIDYZ and Deleted member 1901
i can guarantee bryan johnson and his team of 1000 scientists definitely know better than some random on looksmax AHAHAHHA please do the world a favour and delete yourself from existence

Vegan

TRT

Unnatural Diet

surface level analysis bryan johnson iq mogged you at 11 years old.

• +1
Reactions: garoupilled_ and redfacccee
i can guarantee bryan johnson and his team of 1000 scientists definitely know better than some random on looksmax AHAHAHHA please do the world a favour and delete yourself from existence
Ah, the power of ethos

Kys + welcome to my ever-growing ignore list!

• +1
Reactions: Krakowski
You are retarded
I think your little middle school essay is quite significantly more retarded, but I'l give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are a teenager.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: redfacccee
i think your little middle school essay is quite signficantly more retarded, but il give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are a teenager.
op has less than 1% of bryan johnson's knowledge on longevity

• +1
Reactions: kovacs
The dude will drop dead from all this shit he's doing to himself and people will point at him and laugh.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Skywalker, KING REIDYZ, Krakowski and 1 other person
As opposed to the clairvoyant genius @Ekil73_YT, who in his boundless wisdom managed to map his foresight onto the average 9th grader's essay.

Also: https://libgen.li/edition.php?id=138739670

• +1
The dude will drop dead from all this shit he's doing to himself and people will point at him and laugh.
He is taking 150 supplements per day

• +1
Reactions: HerpDerpson and Krakowski
He looks shit whatever he does.

I will be watching his next 20 years with great interest

• +1
Regularly, longevity and what is best for looks, are equal.

but sometimes,
* what is best for longevity, makes you look worse/shit now. For example, looking like a soy twink.
Than, it's up to ones choice

• +1
He looks WAY older than he is, mostly because of lack of sun exposure and because he's a vegan.
The moron will probably live shorter than average doing all this stupid shit

• +1
Reactions: Skywalker
hes a VEGAN :lul: :ROFLMAO:
all our respect for him should end here
100% a PSY OP for leftist retards (he is of the San Francisco sort lol)

• +1
Reactions: twilight
Vegan

TRT

Unnatural Diet

Isnt there genetic research showing that humans natural capacity for life is about 120 years? There are also tons of historical anecdotes about civilizations and peoples with lifespans of about that long. Some claims even of kings living 300 years etc. And interestingly some of these claims correlate with diet claims (those who consumed more meat lived longer and aged slower).

I think the natural human diet is primarily red-meat-based (what we evolved for), and that in todays world due to the mismatch between how we evolved to live vs how we are living we have accelerated aging and premature death.

• +1