Extraction + braces effect on projection of the dental arches and lip soft tissues?

N

NoReedemingFeature

eede
There's gaps between all of my teeth. I have impacted wisdom teeth and extractions in combination with getting braces which will fix the gaps will end up making the dental arches more compact and less projecting, right?
I'm worried that's going to have an effect on my lips and philtrum as they're already pretty big and meaty and look like shit, I think the more set back dental arch will offer less support and the whole thing will end up looking worse.

• +1
Reactions: t50prince
I’m in the same boat. Upper front teeth are spaced and inclined outwards. Orthodontist specializes in craniofacial growth/orthognathic surgery, and he said that unless you have very little soft tissue/extreme overjet, it won’t give you the sunken, flat philtrum look.

Also, I think it’d help with bimax protrusion/reduce lip size somewhat.

• +1
Reactions: NoReedemingFeature and BrahminBoss
There's gaps between all of my teeth. I have impacted wisdom teeth and extractions in combination with getting braces which will fix the gaps will end up making the dental arches more compact and less projecting, right?
I'm worried that's going to have an effect on my lips and philtrum as they're already pretty big and meaty and look like shit, I think the more set back dental arch will offer less support and the whole thing will end up looking worse.
Nah i had this it basically gives you nordic pheno side profile lips