extremely overrated and underrated (well known) movies

Captain Albania

Captain Albania

easygoing asshole
overrated:
- american history x (just cringe most of the time, despite norton being a great actor)
- fight club (just cringe most of the time, despite norton being a great actor)
- american psycho (liking this is on par with worshiping ramirez)
- the shawshank redemption (good movie, but too pathetic)
- the star wars franchise (self-explanatory)
- almost all MCU movies (only the iron man trilogy with that unlikeable manlet is somewhat watchable; movies about thor, captain america, avengers are legit 2/10; hulk is decent in the first half of the movie, while norton, who is a great actor, is in brazilian favelas; it turns to shit once they just start stomping on buildings and smashing everything)
- schindler's list (extremely boring, only famous because the theme of the movie, since it was imagined as some sort of a cultural acknowledgment of the holocaust/WW2)
- to kill a mockingbird - just extremely boring and pretentious in trying to create a gloomy atmosphere
- taxi driver - i get the idea behind it, but it wasn't executed properly, the entire movie is "out of tune", so to speak
- 2001: a space odyssey - actual trash, I can't take anyone who claims it's a masterpiece seriously
- all james bond movies - unironically bollywood tier

I'm not saying these are actually bad movies, just that they are way overhyped and even corny at times.

underrated :
- interstellar - maybe the only 10/10 movie made so far
- titanic - it is the most watched movie ever, i think, but i'm not sure people realize it's way more than a corny tragic love story starring dicaprio and jlo
- once upon a time in america - probably better than the godfather trilogy and goodfellas
- the departed - proof that crime dramas can be intelligently written and delivered (haven't seen chinatown)
- full metal jacket
- inglorious basterdz - probably the only entertaining tarantino's movie

(idk how really underrated they are since they are still popular, but I have a feeling there is no strong general consensus about them being A+ masterpieces)

My personal top 10, for context:
1. good will hunting
2. a beautiful mind
3. titanic
4. interstellar
5. the batman trilogy (bale)
6. the imitation game
7. there will be blood
8. no country for old men
9. 12 angry men
10. shutter island

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: FrenchChad, wollet2, to_stop_da_cope and 7 others
Dnr

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: fuxkdakikez and Deleted member 20370
shit takes

• +1
Reactions: to_stop_da_cope, niqfan625, FosterCerrano and 2 others

i want your take on Mr.Nobody

JFL your favorite movie is pretty overrated in my opinion. Maybe because I was really young when I watched it so I wasn’t able to take it in completely

Disagree with a lot of your opinions in the overrated category and I haven’t seen several in your underrated category

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: oxymoron and HitAndRun
I only agree that Full Metal Jacket is underrated imo best or second best Kubrick movie and Vincent D` Onofrio is one of the most underrated actors ever
Robert Lee Emery ( Colonel Hartman )and Baldwin( Mother Nature`s) were great also

XDDDD THESE ARE THE WORST TAKES IN HISTORY! PLEASE COMMIT SUICDE TO RECTIFY THIS!!!

• +1
Reactions: based_pakichad421 and Deleted member 27066
I didn’t watch a single one of these except for full metal jacket which is an amazing movie

Star Wars prequels are alright, the revenge of sitj is very good but the originals seem bad, I watched a little in a bowling alley and it was corny

"underrated :
-Titanic"

Kys

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20370, vrilmaxxer and CoRe3
All of your underrated movies are main stream and overrated lmao.

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|
THE PHANTOM MENACE

Do you live my favorite movies?

resident evil: apocalypse

show girls

escape from LA and solider (Kurt Russell)

Face off

Rupert pupkin

Evil dead 3

robo cop

natural born killers

a christmas story

machete

Dawn of the dead

Return of the king (I don’t watch the other ones)

Last edited:
overrated:
- american history x (just cringe most of the time, despite norton being a great actor)
- almost all MCU movies (only the iron man trilogy with that unlikeable manlet is somewhat watchable; movies about thor, captain america, avengers are legit 2/10; hulk is decent in the first half of the movie, while norton, who is a great actor, is in brazilian favelas; it turns to shit once they just start stomping on buildings and smashing everything)
- schindler's list (extremely boring, only famous because the theme of the movie, since it was imagined as some sort of a cultural acknowledgment of the holocaust/WW2)
- to kill a mockingbird - just extremely boring and pretentious in trying to create a gloomy atmosphere
- taxi driver - i get the idea behind it, but it wasn't executed properly, the entire movie is "out of tune", so to speak
- 2001: a space odyssey - actual trash, I can't take anyone who claims it's a masterpiece seriously

I'm not saying these are actually bad movies, just that they are way overhyped and even corny at times.

underrated :
- titanic - it is the most watched movie ever, i think, but i'm not sure people realize it's way more than a corny tragic love story starring dicaprio and jlo
- once upon a time in america - probably better than the godfather trilogy and goodfellas
- the departed - proof that crime dramas can be intelligently written and delivered (haven't seen chinatown)
- full metal jacket

(idk how really underrated they are since they are still popular, but I have a feeling there is no strong general consensus about them being A+ masterpieces)

1. good will hunting
2. a beautiful mind
3. titanic
4. interstellar
6. the imitation game
7. there will be blood
9. 12 angry men
10. shutter island
Titanic, Batman, and Interstellar underrated? :lul: :lul: :lul::lul::lul:

• JFL
Reactions: vrilmaxxer and Goth
i like Disney and dream works movies too but I haven’t watched them since I was kid

Schindler’s list is not overrated faggot

• Ugh..
Reactions: polio
You should watch L.A confidential, Heat and Collateral

The fact you said schindlers list is extremely boring than names a bunch of movies over regurgitated on TikTok tell me your a low attention span retard

overrated:
No see
Cringe sss take self improvement is masturbation
How’d you know💀
No see
- the Star Wars franchise (self-explanatory)
Nerds tbh
Agree

underrated :
- full metal jacket

1. good will hunting
2. a beautiful mind
3. titanic
4. interstellar
6. the imitation game
7. there will be blood
9. 12 angry men
10. shutter island

Elab @Captain Albania

• +1
Reactions: Psychophilly
good will hunting = low class genius prettyboy gets everything handed to him just by existing, he also mogs the quick tempered shrink into throwing a tantrum with little to no effort

good movie

• +1
Reactions: Psychophilly