Forward Head Posture

A

Account717

Silver
What are the solutions to this?

Trying to maintain a good posture? Specific exercises in the gym? Good sleeping position?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Trying to maintain a good posture? Specific exercises in the gym? Good sleeping position?

Thanks.
When you get into proper posture. I bet you look like Bobs burgers character....

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32
lay flat on your back (on the floor) tucking your chin every morning and evening

also try to sit upright when rotting

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: VladimirtheGreat, thecel, Deleted member 20704 and 5 others

Thanks.

Wear a neck collar for a few hours each day.

Just thinking about this article which says bad neck posture restricts blood flow to top of the head causing norwooding eventually.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17735, thereallegend, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 2 others
If you have a recessed jaw bad posture is inevitable. If you don’t have a recessed jaw then:
lay flat on your back (on the floor) tucking your chin every morning and evening

also try to sit upright when rotting

• +1
Reactions: Iblamejordan, ROTTING, Lawton88 and 1 other person
If you have a recessed jaw bad posture is inevitable. If you don’t have a recessed jaw then:
chin tucks force the tongue to press onto the hard palate = hard mewing...

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend
chin tucks force the tongue to press onto the hard palate = hard mewing...
Mewing is cope past like 18 at the latest.

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 20704 and mvp2v1
Mewing is cope past like 18 at the latest.

Mewing is always possible, it just depends on the state of your metabolism, bones, posture and various other factors like that.

I've facepulled in the past and want to do it again and it does in fact work to a degree, but this stuff can TAKE YEARS to show big changes, and some never get any honestly because they are not in a correct state to Mewmax aka they have health issues or shit diet/etc.

Last even with changes it's sometimes not even enough to warrant a "transformation" -- not that changes don't work but they may not be enough. But it's quite simple to try something as easy as facepulling with even a grocery bag or T-shirt for 20-40 minutes a day and see. You CANNOT be tense, stressed or otherwise too perked up as I've only seen benefits while doing it in a tranquil, low-stress state and good diet (you can't be cutting/fasting too much or the opposite -- eating too much and also this somehow affecting the process, it's a fine line)

One sign that it's "working" is you feel it in your face gradually. If you feel NOTHING then you're not doing it right or something else if off. You may need a different position, different technique, or you have something else physiologically impeding process that I couldn't say......

Last edited:
But yeah, to "fix" forward head posture you can just sit with your back against a wall or something, or wear something on your head that reinforces less text necking. One other thing could be to imagine you are pushing your delts/shoulders out and pull your head/neck "back in."

Even a hat or cap of some kind can reduce this, but the best way is probably forcing yourself to align your neck either by adjusting screen, phone, or your body in relation to whatever you're doing. Easiest way to get used to it is while walking, but sitting is tougher due to slouch.

When walking try to look down and forward a bit, and lightly push your chin up and back whenever you feel you are "slipping" or such.

For when sitting just find a way to sit always in a Mckenzie chin tuck position (which reinforces mewing btw) and stay this way as long as possible. Try never to lean forward as this encourages the sunken slouch, forward head posture ... so try always "sitting up" with occiput raised.

Last edited:
Mewing is always possible, it just depends on the state of your metabolism, bones, posture and various other factors like that.

I've facepulled in the past and want to do it again and it does in fact work to a degree, but this stuff can TAKE YEARS to show big changes, and some never get any honestly because they are not in a correct state to Mewmax aka they have health issues or shit diet/etc.

Last even with changes it's sometimes not even enough to warrant a "transformation" -- not that changes don't work but they may not be enough. But it's quite simple to try something as easy as facepulling with even a grocery bag or T-shirt for 20-40 minutes a day and see. You CANNOT be tense, stressed or otherwise too perked up as I've only seen benefits while doing it in a tranquil, low-stress state and good diet (you can't be cutting/fasting too much or the opposite -- eating too much and also this somehow affecting the process, it's a fine line)

One sign that it's "working" is you feel it in your face gradually. If you feel NOTHING then you're not doing it right or something else if off. You may need a different position, different technique, or you have something else physiologically impeding process that I couldn't say......
Dnr too long.

Mewing is not going to turn a recessed jaw into a forward grown one period. And you reach an age where you bones are no longer malleable enough for it to matter. And even if you get changes in adulthood it will take years to decades.

Bimax is the only real solution

Dnr too long.

Mewing is not going to turn a recessed jaw into a forward grown one period. And you reach an age where you bones are no longer malleable enough for it to matter. And even if you get changes in adulthood it will take years to decades.

Dnr too long.

What changed? Whats different? If you say age (wrong answer) plz explain what age is, you may also want to explain what time is. thanks

What changed? Whats different? If you say age (wrong answer) plz explain what age is, you may also want to explain what time is. thanks
Adulthood? Your bones are not nearly as malleable as an adult as when you are a child.

If mewing was really a cure all like you copers claim it to be jaw surgery wouldn’t even exist. You are not going to reverse decades of mouth breathing and bad posture as a child in adulthood by doing chin tucks lmao.

And I like how you make assertions like mewing has any scientific backing when in reality it’s just pseudoscience and will not give noticeable results in adulthood. At best you will slightly expand you palate and slightly upswing your jaw after 8 years but that is useless for improving your appearance.

Adulthood? Your bones are not nearly as malleable as an adult as when you are a child.

If mewing was really a cure all like you copers claim it to be jaw surgery wouldn’t even exist. You are not going to reverse decades of mouth breathing and bad posture as a child in adulthood by doing chin tucks lmao.

And I like how you make assertions like mewing has any scientific backing when in reality it’s just pseudoscience and will not give noticeable results in adulthood. At best you will slightly expand you palate and slightly upswing your jaw after 8 years but that is useless for improving your appearance.
No dont take my posts as some kind of oppositional argument. But you still have not explained to me what changed. you say (BOLD) so that is why mewing looses its efficacy, my Q then is 1: what causes the malleability (what is lost), and 2: why do 20% of bimax patients relapse?

If it were understood what changes, then perhaps one can perform some kind of modification (supplementing/ therapy of some kind (like GH therapy)) to re-create that malleability that you say is lost. And at a surface level I do think what you say is generally correct.

Last edited:
No dont take my posts as some kind of oppositional argument. But you still have not explained to me what changed. you say (BOLD) so that is why mewing looses its efficacy, my Q then is 1: what causes the malleability (what is lost), and 2: why do 20% of bimax patients relapse?
Because as you age your bones become less malleable. The reason mouth breathing is so damaging as a child is because you jaws are still developing. As an adult mewing is not going to make any major changes.

At best you will move the position of the bone (very slightly). You cannot make new bone appear by doing chin tucks and mewing jfl.

And bimax patients relapse because they never correct their bad body and oral posture.

No one is saying not to mew. But thinking mewing as a fully grown adult will correct you class 2 overjet and completely upswing your jaw is just borderline delusional.

The answers to your question is simple. As an adult you are DONE GROWING. The purpose of mewing as a child is to guide proper development. One you are older and the bones harden, you will not see any significant changes unless you are mewing for literal years to decades which is a cope. It will not boost your looks or improve your life.

If you have sleep apnea and tmj from a recessed jaw your problem is not gonna be fixed with hard mewing and chin tucks. If you have above 5 IQ this should be obvious.

You will never see changes this dramatic without invasive surgery. Period. Tired of hearing the mewing cope.
F2A1A351 6FB0 4A54 AC83 08E06AE5B04C

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover
Because as you age your bones become less malleable. The reason mouth breathing is so damaging as a child is because you jaws are still developing. As an adult mewing is not going to make any major changes.

At best you will move the position of the bone (very slightly). You cannot make new bone appear by doing chin tucks and mewing jfl.

And bimax patients relapse because they never correct their bad body and oral posture.

No one is saying not to mew. But thinking mewing as a fully grown adult will correct you class 2 overjet and completely upswing your jaw is just borderline delusional.

The answers to your question is simple. As an adult you are DONE GROWING. The purpose of mewing as a child is to guide proper development. One you are older and the bones harden, you will not see any significant changes unless you are mewing for literal years to decades which is a cope. It will not boost your looks or improve your life.

If you have sleep apnea and tmj from a recessed jaw your problem is not gonna be fixed with hard mewing and chin tucks. If you have above 5 IQ this should be obvious.

You will never see changes this dramatic without invasive surgery. Period. Tired of hearing the mewing cope.
View attachment 1781371
What you say makes perfect sense. However, you still have not explained what is the reason for malleability. What is malleability from a physical perspective? Do different individuals have different levels of malleability and why (if the answer is genes: which one/s)?

Also im not sure you know that mewing was a forum invented "concept" which comes from orthotropic ideas. Orthotropics is about how we should be. Not about some made-up exercises you do to improve your appearance.

What is malleability from a physical perspective? Do different individuals have different levels of malleability and why (if the answer is genes: which one/s)?
“When babies are first born, some of their “bones” are actually made up of a flexible cartilage (a firm tissue softer than bone). As the child grows, some of the cartilage hardens and turns to bone, and some bones fuse together. Your child's bones won't stop growing until her late teens or early 20s.”

“An adult’s bones are harder, more brittle and more likely to break than bend. A child’s bones are more flexible because their chemical composition is different from that of adult bones. This means a kid’s bone might bend or “bow” instead of breaking.”

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
“When babies are first born, some of their “bones” are actually made up of a flexible cartilage (a firm tissue softer than bone). As the child grows, some of the cartilage hardens and turns to bone, and some bones fuse together. Your child's bones won't stop growing until her late teens or early 20s.”

“An adult’s bones are harder, more brittle and more likely to break than bend. A child’s bones are more flexible because their chemical composition is different from that of adult bones. This means a kid’s bone might bend or “bow” instead of breaking.”

Interesting. thanks, been looking for this info. There is some arguing about whether hard mewing works better than regular suction hold, I suppose using this info one can safely assume hard mewing and fast action will be best.

Last edited:

@RealSurgerymax is this the type of cartilage you talk about, when you were talking about bone grafts to the paranasal area? You said they are temporary, but some of the cartilage turns into bone. So, is it temporary and we are old enough to the point our body would reject formation of bone from cartilage, or is it still possible for this process to occur?

Chin tucks helped me

• +1
Reactions: Account717 and greycel