Friend of mine has 6 online “therapists” from India

ranierean

ranierean

D-9999
Friend of mine now has 6 online “therapists” from India after leaving American therapist

Note: not a single one is actually a therapist. Just people he found on fiverr and Monster(?) job search.

He says he is paying $3.50 an hour each for two dudes with passable English and that they pretty much just give moral support and consolation. And the occasional advice that sounds like Hindu proverbs. I thought this was a joke but he told me that’s better than average pay for a young person there. Two of the others he is paying to read some books on therapy so that he can use them next month; for that “training” he is paid $250 for each. Not sure if this is in addition or in replacement to the original two. He put a therapy pdf he found into ChatGPT which wrote quizzes for them which honestly deserves its own thread.

Another one he texts whenever he wants for $2 a day, same as the voice ones (he uses Skype) but for text. But the last online Indian “therapist” he hired really blew me away, he said he is paying $400 monthly to have an Indian bloke “on call” all day. I pointed out the price discrepancy and he told me that this dude’s only career is to be available when he calls, that this was part of their agreement so if he misses a call he doesn’t get the money. I said that’s a waste either way and then he says: this guy prays for him six hours a day. He does rituals at the temple for his mental health. He said that knowing there’s a man out there who prays for him all day has done wonders for his mental health. Absurdity

If you haven’t guessed yes this is a tech bro, and no he isn’t Indian himself

• JFL
Reactions: Orvka381 and romanstock
Friend of mine now has 6 online “therapists” from India after leaving American therapist

Note: not a single one is actually a therapist. Just people he found on fiverr and Monster(?) job search.

He says he is paying $3.50 an hour each for two dudes with passable English and that they pretty much just give moral support and consolation. And the occasional advice that sounds like Hindu proverbs. I thought this was a joke but he told me that’s better than average pay for a young person there. Two of the others he is paying to read some books on therapy so that he can use them next month; for that “training” he is paid $250 for each. Not sure if this is in addition or in replacement to the original two. He put a therapy pdf he found into ChatGPT which wrote quizzes for them which honestly deserves its own thread.

Another one he texts whenever he wants for $2 a day, same as the voice ones (he uses Skype) but for text. But the last online Indian “therapist” he hired really blew me away, he said he is paying $400 monthly to have an Indian bloke “on call” all day. I pointed out the price discrepancy and he told me that this dude’s only career is to be available when he calls, that this was part of their agreement so if he misses a call he doesn’t get the money. I said that’s a waste either way and then he says: this guy prays for him six hours a day. He does rituals at the temple for his mental health. He said that knowing there’s a man out there who prays for him all day has done wonders for his mental health. Absurdity

If you haven’t guessed yes this is a tech bro, and no he isn’t Indian himself

Lol let the saars give advice to the sucidal currys here

Currycels will do anything for some $

• +1
Reactions: nathan