(Gamercels) i5 better then i7?

DarknLost

DarknLost

S̴̢̧̱̪͈͈̻͓̪̭̣̫͎͖̤̤̩̟̳̹͈̩̬̟̩̪̱̰̠͉͖̲̞̳̳̄͛̆̅͊̀͊̚̕͜͝͝͝
My computer techniciancel brother keeps telling me that my new laptop which has an i5 9300H has a way better CPU then my older laptop that died (i7 7700HQ)
Is this legit? Games like GTA 5 worked way smoother on the older one,even though this new one even has a better GPU (Older one had GTX 1050 ti,the new one with the i5 has GTX 1660).

Passmark also says i5 is better https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Int...3448vs2906

But game-debate for example gives i7 a way better rating

What is the truth?

• +1
Reactions: BrettyBoy
Get a gaming computer not a laptop.

• +1
Reactions: CopingCel, Deleted member 1464, Deleted member 2810 and 1 other person
For gaming build a desktop pc, not laptop

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464 and TexasGiantBear
Wouldn't really matter if you had a big dick

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: CopingCel, TexasGiantBear and xit
shit thread kys

depends on many things. How drastic are the differences in frames?

What's the framerate difference?

My computer techniciancel brother keeps telling me that my new laptop which has an i5 9300H has a way better CPU then my older laptop that died (i7 7700HQ)
Is this legit? Games like GTA 5 worked way smoother on the older one,even though this new one even has a better GPU (Older one had GTX 1050 ti,the new one with the i5 has GTX 1660).

Passmark also says i5 is better https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Int...3448vs2906

But game-debate for example gives i7 a way better rating

What is the truth?
Get the i5 as it will be better for almost everything, i7’s are generally better for more CPU intense tasks such as video editing which favor more cores and put less emphasis on clock speed. However in this case you have no reason to pic the i7 because it doesn’t even have more cores than the i5. In conclusion: the i5 is better (in this case)

1. Buy a PC
2. Buy i5 and spend the extra money on a better GPU