Guide to correcting facial asymmetry

jоrdan

jоrdan

Iron
Sleeping: If possible sleep on your back without a pillow. If you can't do this then sleep on your side with one arm under your head as support. Change sleeping sides as often as possible. Sleeping on only one side/on your stomach is what causes stiffness in your neck and your tongue is not going to be in a neutral position.

Habits throughout the day : Always look up and straight with a straight back. Avoid leaning on one side or tilting your head. Leaning on one side causes your back muscles to be imbalanced which correlates to your neck and jaw muscles.

Exercises :

Neck stretching (IMPORTANT) Look up videos on how to stretch your neck. You might find that one side of your neck is way tighter than the other. Stretching your neck could be the key to having a balanced jaw.

Chewing hard foods
: Chew on both sides equally. DO NOT chew more on one side to try balancing things out. This will only lead to more imbalances in your face.

Training the tongue : Make sure you tongue chew (Look it up on the r/orthotropics reddit channel) with gum every day. This strenghtens your tongue and gets rid of some possible imbalances there might be.

Mewing : Make sure you mew evenly on both sides. If this feels hard and you're having trouble concentrating on keeping the tongue as even as possible then try mewing while light-meditating and put full focus on your tongue. This helped me a lot.

• +1
Reactions: albanian_chad, Deleted member 51465, triggr and 2 others
the most obvious asymmetry is usually in the lips or nose.

eyes are also common.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: aspiringexcel, caiolindo, Clavicular and 3 others
Chewing hard foods: Chew on both sides equally. DO NOT chew more on one side to try balancing things out. This will only lead to more imbalances in your face.
why? logically this sounds like it will just maintain your asymmetry not resolve it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 55252
why? logically this sounds like it will just maintain your asymmetry not resolve it
That's what I thought because when you chew you are exercising your Masseter. Temporalis. Lateral pterygoid Muscles on the side of your face which have an effect on your jawline.

always a greycel

the most obvious asymmetry is usually in the lips or nose.

eyes are also common.
If you have asymmetry in your face, you also have asymmetry every where else in your body.

• +1
Reactions: aspiringexcel, triggr and VolcelFTW
You can not cure asymmetry after child hood. I’ve been mewing, sleeping on the floor with no pillow on my back, and chewing gum/carrots/meat for 3 years straight and I’m still extremely asymmetrical. It’s over.

• +1
Reactions: aspiringexcel
If you have asymmetry in your face, you also have asymmetry every where else in your body.
not really, these are soft tissues and they're not directly related to the bone, you can have a perfectly symmetrical skull with uneven lips.

hooding is also often uneven because it's fat and skin.

not really, these are soft tissues and they're not directly related to the bone, you can have a perfectly symmetrical skull with uneven lips.

hooding is also often uneven because it's fat and skin.
No such thing boyo

Just chew regurarly on both sides. The weaker side will catch up with the stronger one making them equal.

Sleeping: If possible sleep on your back without a pillow. If you can't do this then sleep on your side with one arm under your head as support. Change sleeping sides as often as possible. Sleeping on only one side/on your stomach is what causes stiffness in your neck and your tongue is not going to be in a neutral position.

Habits throughout the day : Always look up and straight with a straight back. Avoid leaning on one side or tilting your head. Leaning on one side causes your back muscles to be imbalanced which correlates to your neck and jaw muscles.

Exercises :

Neck stretching (IMPORTANT) Look up videos on how to stretch your neck. You might find that one side of your neck is way tighter than the other. Stretching your neck could be the key to having a balanced jaw.

Chewing hard foods
: Chew on both sides equally. DO NOT chew more on one side to try balancing things out. This will only lead to more imbalances in your face.

Training the tongue : Make sure you tongue chew (Look it up on the r/orthotropics reddit channel) with gum every day. This strenghtens your tongue and gets rid of some possible imbalances there might be.

Mewing : Make sure you mew evenly on both sides. If this feels hard and you're having trouble concentrating on keeping the tongue as even as possible then try mewing while light-meditating and put full focus on your tongue. This helped me a lot.
Stolen

You can not cure asymmetry after child hood. I’ve been mewing, sleeping on the floor with no pillow on my back, and chewing gum/carrots/meat for 3 years straight and I’m still extremely asymmetrical. It’s over.
Did you always have that asymmetry or did you develop it through bad habits?

Exercises :

Chewing hard foods

Good thread

Why exactly trying to balance things lead to more asymmetry?