Gym Split

A

anda1usi

Iron
I'm researching what the best gym split is, and I came across a video which showed training muscle groups 3x a week gives more strength for beginners than 1x. The guy argued that going with a full body split this is optimal for building core strength but has the misconception (AFAIK, it's a misconception) that volume must be increased in order to continue with muscle growth, and therefore you would eventually get too fatigued to do the full body split as you're doing too many sets (just decrease the weights then, if you're going for volume...)

Overall, the video was just confusing because in the beginning he mentioned a few studies which showed that training (in general) muscle groups 2x a week gave greater muscle growth than 1x a week, but the study I mentioned earlier was concerning strength and not hypertrophy, which I am going for. I know now that I should avoid a bro split, but not sure whether to go with PPL/upper lower or full body. I'm basically a beginner, went for a bit inconsistently but besides flexing by biceps you'd never be able to tell I ever went.

Any recommendations?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thecel
I'm researching what the best gym split is, and I came across a video which showed training muscle groups 3x a week gives more strength for beginners than 1x. The guy argued that going with a full body split this is optimal for building core strength but has the misconception (AFAIK, it's a misconception) that volume must be increased in order to continue with muscle growth, and therefore you would eventually get too fatigued to do the full body split as you're doing too many sets (just decrease the weights then, if you're going for volume...)

Overall, the video was just confusing because in the beginning he mentioned a few studies which showed that training (in general) muscle groups 2x a week gave greater muscle growth than 1x a week, but the study I mentioned earlier was concerning strength and not hypertrophy, which I am going for. I know now that I should avoid a bro split, but not sure whether to go with PPL/upper lower or full body. I'm basically a beginner, went for a bit inconsistently but besides flexing by biceps you'd never be able to tell I ever went.

Any recommendations?
nigga try them all see what works best for you, do what you enjoy the most because youll quit if you do some unenjoyable split

• +1
Reactions: N1666
I recommend that you should start training 3 times a week with a ppl or arnold split, after a month and if you feel comfortable add more training volume (6 days) doing each muscle 2x per week. Just be consistent and patient and the results will come. Good luck, and sorry for my english btw

• +1
Reactions: anda1usi
I recommend that you should start training 3 times a week with a ppl or arnold split, after a month and if you feel comfortable add more training volume (6 days) doing each muscle 2x per week. Just be consistent and patient and the results will come. Good luck, and sorry for my english btw
Sounds good, thank you. I'll bump if I have any questions/updates

I gave you your 1st rep cus the forum is too assholeish to give you the reacts you deserve.

Hop on this gram:

GYM

• Love it
Reactions: anda1usi
I gave you your 1st rep cus the forum is too assholeish to give you the reacts you deserve.

Hop on this gram:
Thank you bro, do you have Discord or something so I can ask questions?

Te recomiendo que empieces a entrenar 3 veces por semana con un ppl o arnold split, después de un mes y si te sientes cómodo agrega más volumen de entrenamiento (6 días) haciendo cada músculo 2 veces por semana. Sólo sea constante y paciente y los resultados llegarán. Buena suerte y perdón por mi inglés por cierto.
A Is there any ppl guide here? Or it will be better on YouTube, I searched there but no one knows how to explain lol