Gymcels: Greek Yogurt is a good hack for proteinmaxxing

alien

alien

Kraken
This shit tastes great considering how much protein is in it. It's loaded with sugar. But if you lift or you do lots of cardio, you don't have to worry about diabetes. Sugar and carbs also don't make you fat. Low-carb is a meme. I lost 41.8 lbs eating a high-carb diet last year. Calories-in, calories-out.
Our Finest Greek Yogurt 2% MF Vanilla (Wal-Mart brand)
per 175g serving
Calories: 160
Fat: 3g (~17% calories from fat)
Saturated Fat: 2g (~12% calories from saturated fat)
Trans Fat: 0.1g (~0.58% calories from trans fat)
Carbs: 17g (~44% calories from carbs)
Sugars: 16g (~41% calories from sugars)
Protein: 15g (~39% calories from protein)
Cost: 14g protein per CAD

If you don't care about TASTE and just want LEAN PROTEIN. They also have a lactose free version if you are a lactosecel and don't want diarrhea dumps.
President's Choice Greek Yogurt 0% MF PLAIN (can find similar product with another brand in America)
per 175g serving
Calories: 100
Fat: 0g
Carbs: 6g (~24% calories from carbs)
Sugars: 5g (~20% calories from sugars)
Protein: 19g (~76% calories from protein)
Cost: 16g protein per CAD
They used to sell 2lb containers for the same price (5 CAD). That's almost 20g protein per CAD and used to be my go-to for cutting (along with whey protein isolate mixed with water. And whey protein concentrate if I wanted to save money). But then they shrunk the container to 750g without lowering the price thinking no one would notice.

If you don't care for TASTE but you need FAT for your hormonal health, make your dick work, prevent your hair from falling out, etc.
President's Choice Greek Yogurt 5% MF PLAIN (can find similar product with another brand in America)
per 175g serving
Calories: 180
Fat: 8.75g (~45% calories from fat)
Saturated Fat: 6g (~31% calories from saturated fat)
Trans Fat: 0.3g (~1.5% calories from trans fat)
Carbs: 8g (~18% calories from carbs)
Sugars: 4g (~9% calories from sugars)
Protein: 16g (~37% calories from protein)
Cost: 12g protein per CAD

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Crusile and Deleted member 29581
Too many carbs and sugars

I eat ratio keto friendly yogurt

Too many carbs and sugars

I eat ratio keto friendly yogurt
Keto is the biggest scam industry known to man with over-priced products. When it comes to weight loss, maintenance or gain, all that really matters is calories-in, calories-out. I lost 41.8 lbs on a high-carb diet last year. Protein is important if you're a gymcel. But you don't need all of your calories from protein. I'm on a bulk right now and I'm probably getting less than 21% of my calories from protein. Maybe a bit more than that today because I don't weigh every single thing with my kitchen scale. lol.

• JFL
  • Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: Crusile, autistic_tendencies and thereallegend
Keto is the biggest scam industry known to man with over-priced products. When it comes to weight loss, maintenance or gain, all that really matters is calories-in, calories-out. I lost 41.8 lbs on a high-carb diet last year. Protein is important if you're a gymcel. But you don't need all of your calories from protein. I'm on a bulk right now and I'm probably getting less than 21% of my calories from protein. Maybe a bit more than that today because I don't weigh every single thing with my kitchen scale. lol.
Calories in calories out is a garbage philosophy

Calories in calories out is a garbage philosophy
Its the law of thermodynamics. Day-to-day in 2022 I was eating bread, waffles with syrup (sugar!), potatoes, pasta, jelly (sugar!), quinoa In addition to the fats and proteins like eggs, egg whites, skinless chicken breast, tuna, cheese, peanut butter, avocado oil (when eating out they use seed oils). Broccoli, cauliflower, kale. On rare occasion like on dates or out with friends I had ice cream, churros, Nutella, bubble tea, cheeseburgers, french fries because I was trying to leanmaxx as fast as possible back then. I lost 41.8 lbs in <8 months. With a <2 month diet break in between.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension and thereallegend
Its the law of thermodynamics. Day-to-day in 2022 I was eating bread, waffles with syrup (sugar!), potatoes, pasta, jelly (sugar!), quinoa In addition to the fats and proteins like eggs, egg whites, skinless chicken breast, tuna, cheese, peanut butter. Broccoli, cauliflower, kale. On rare occasion like on dates or out with friends I had ice cream, churros, Nutella, bubble tea, cheeseburgers, french fries because I was trying to leanmaxx as fast as possible back then. I lost 41.8 lbs in <8 months. With a <2 month diet break in between.
Carb resistance goes down as you age. Making u look like shit the more you eat them

Just drink milk you pussy

• +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing
Carb resistance goes down as you age. Making u look like shit the more you eat them
I'm 37 and I have been eating carbs all my life and I look young for my age. lmfao.

it's pretty cheap at Aldi, like ~$2.70 for 2lbs

• +1
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension
I'm 37 and I have been eating carbs all my life and I look young for my age. lmfao.
Me too and I have pictures of myself at 31 and feel I could have passed for like 20. There was a point in my life where I was eating nothing but pop tarts, ice cream, and chinese food.

Just drink milk you pussy
I would never do gallon of milk per day (or the Canadian version, 4L of milk per day. Since we don't have gallon jugs. We have bags). Milk is not interesting enough to me to allocate 200g carbs and 133g fat (homo milk) from my daily allowance to it. Milk is what I put in my coffee, my protein shakes and I like to drink milk with sweets and peanut butter sandwiches.
Though this actually would have been a GOAT way to have gotten calories and protein back when I got COVID and lost my sense of taste and smell. I bought a shit load of choccy milk when I had COVID and I couldn't even taste the chocolate for like the first week+ I was sick. I loved the texture of chocolate milk. But the texture of homo or 2% milk probably feels the same anyways.
I have to get like 3 dental procedures done (sinus lift, extraction + bone graft + implant and then crown) so I'm going to be on a chocolate milk and Greek Yogurt diet then.

Last edited:
it's pretty cheap at Aldi, like ~$2.70 for 2lbs
Aldi is in Germany right? Is dairy typically cheap in Germany? Here in Canada the dairy lobby is in the pocket of the politicians. It's over.

Do you have a diet plan laid out? I’m cutting right now (fixing skinnyfat) and I’m struggling to hit 195g protein daily (1g/lb)

Do you have a diet plan laid out? I’m cutting right now (fixing skinnyfat) and I’m struggling to hit 195g protein daily (1g/lb)
You don't need 1g protein/1b per day. The muscular hypertrophy benefits max out at 1.8g protein/kg per day according to multiple scientific studies.
You can use this calculator to try to come up with a macro plan. But your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) is probably going to be higher compared to what the calculator estimates if you lift and have some muscle mass on you already.
This is basically what my plan would look like if I were to do a cut now (granted I'm a 37 year oldcel and only weigh 144.6 lbs). Though I'm not planning on cutting until I'm like 155+ lbs.
Protein: 118g (30% of calories)
Carbs: 168-206g (40-49% of calories)
Fat: 36-52g (21-30% of calories)
Calories: 1,570 (6,569 KJ)
I don't strictly track carbs and fats though. Just protein and calories.
If I end up losing more than 0.5% body weight per week with that, I just add fattier proteins, fats and carbs to my diet.

• +1
Reactions: grimy
Why r niggas just learning this jfl

Why r niggas just learning this jfl
I knew about Greek yogurt since November. But I was buying the 0% MF Plain version that tasted meh. The milk fat, added sugar and vanilla extract makes it taste much better. And yet it still has high protein content even with the extra fat and sugar.

• +1
Reactions: House Lannister
Greek yogurt is good. Milk kefir is good too, and it's easier to take in on a full stomach (drinking vs. eating).