Has their ever been a male sex symbol that was 20% body fat or above?

R

Redwhiteandbluepill

Kraken
In the United States?

My guess is Jason mamoa. He seems to hover around 18-22% in some photos.

yes but beard and stubble and/or some muscle, even clint eastwood was skinny fat some photos

• +1
Reactions: bradpittshairline
Fat guys used to be attractive as they were seen as wealthy for having lots of food. Maybe this applied even in the 1800s but not relevant now.

• +1
Reactions: MonoTBB
elvis presley.

• +1
Reactions: Heinrich Schmidt, autistic_tendencies and lilxder2
Gotta be low bodyfat percentage

I doubt he liked by most women. He is imo, kinda niche maxxed. Loved and liked by some into the rugged look , but not liked by the common crowd.
I agree but I also think the ultra lean like chamalet is niche appeal too.

Chamalet might be the leanest actor / celeb (non athlete) that I can think of off the top of my head.

Thats because people percieve him off the images of when he was lean so that aura is still around him that is is attractive at higher bfs, but he looks terrible when he's offset and bloated

• +1
Reactions: dantemaxxing and eduardkoopman
This type of creative thinking is some of the most autistic I have ever seen.

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Heinrich Schmidt and Deleted member 47332
Real men are a little higher body fat

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Heinrich Schmidt, Debetro and eduardkoopman
This type of creative thinking is some of the most autistic I have ever seen.
Just making convo. If you don’t like it why not just skip to next post?

Why would you want me to feel bad about myself? I’m just bored making convo

Just making convo. If you don’t like it why not just skip to next post?

Why would you want me to feel bad about myself? I’m just bored making convo

It's mental masturbation though isn't it?

Like isn't it common sense that may be a Chad could look good at 18% max 20% body fat, but aside from all outliers it's very difficult.

Therefore you as a LTN, MTN OR HTN needs to workout, build lean muscle so your resting metabolic rate increases and you can lose excess fat while you are idle and lean down.

Having this discussion does nothing for your life. Nothing.

• +1
Reactions: yayatourer and autistic_tendencies

Like isn't it common sense that may be a Chad could look good at 18% max 20% body fat, but aside from all outliers it's very difficult.

Therefore you as a LTN, MTN OR HTN needs to workout, build lean muscle so your resting metabolic rate increases and you can lose excess fat while you are idle and lean down.

Having this discussion does nothing for your life. Nothing.
Which body fat should be my target? I’m fasting now so I’m making changes regardless of the result of this thread.

Which body fat should be my target? I’m fasting now so I’m making changes regardless of the result of this thread.

Press and lift weights in the gym also. Make sure.

Don't target a body weight that's gay. Build an INTUITION for your bodily system so that you can FEEL where you are and not have to need an arbitrary fucking number to tell you.

13-14% is fine. Even 15%. As long as your shoulders are wider than your waist and your chest sticks out further than your stomach.

That's the rule of thumb. HIIT once a week and train chest and back twice a week with legs twice a week. Forget arms for now as chest and back cover both triceps and biceps and you wanna really focus on the large muscle groups by doing compound weight exercises.

Strength gains are CRUCIAL.

Yeah but that's because he has muscle underneath all that fat. His shoulders were still wider than his waist and his chest was still fatter than his stomach. Hence he still looks attractive.

Women can get away with being a little fat more than men because they can hide it in their hips and bum. But naturally it depends on if the chick's got reasonably decent fat distribution.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies

Having this discussion does nothing for your life.
Life maybe starts at below 12% bf.
As a non chad

• +1
Reactions: yayatourer
Yeah but that's because he has muscle underneath all that fat. His shoulders were still wider than his waist and his chest was still fatter than his stomach. Hence he still looks attractive.

Women can get away with being a little fat more than men because they can hide it in their hips and bum. But naturally it depends on if the chick's got reasonably decent fat distribution.
women naturally have higher fat than men. Idk how women's body fat works but definitely 10% is not for them
Press and lift weights in the gym also. Make sure.

Don't target a body weight that's gay. Build an INTUITION for your bodily system so that you can FEEL where you are and not have to need an arbitrary fucking number to tell you.
Numbers aren't retarded. Being 22 FFMI is the ultimate natty goal for men. Ideal body is about that while being lean
13-14% is fine. Even 15%. As long as your shoulders are wider than your waist and your chest sticks out further than your stomach.
Its not about the body, it is about the face. Ofc, ultimately it comes to fat distribution. I have visible abs even close to 20% bf but my face is getting rounder and it bothers me the most
That's the rule of thumb. HIIT once a week and train chest and back twice a week with legs twice a week. Forget arms for now as chest and back cover both triceps and biceps and you wanna really focus on the large muscle groups by doing compound weight exercises.
Arms aren't gonna grow themself unless you arm dominant not a chance u will get good arms. Also training arms can improve compounds anyway. As a torsodominat I fall for this bullshit for far too long. Arm days aren't meme, its real deal

women naturally have higher fat than men. Idk how women's body fat works but definitely 10% is not for them

Numbers aren't retarded. Being 22 FFMI is the ultimate natty goal for men. Ideal body is about that while being lean

Its not about the body, it is about the face. Ofc, ultimately it comes to fat distribution. I have visible abs even close to 20% bf but my face is getting rounder and it bothers me the most

Arms aren't gonna grow themself unless you arm dominant not a chance u will get good arms. Also training arms can improve compounds anyway. As a torsodominat I fall for this bullshit for far too long. Arm days aren't meme, its real deal
I don’t agree with ffmi

Because legs constitute the majority of it (and lower back spinal erectors)

And these are not the muscles that look good.

It’s possible to have a nice upper body and skinny legs and have a ffmi that is under 20

I never said 10% was for them. You're being autistic. I'm saying women can get away with looking fatter. Stop being a nerd and getting into the percentages. I am talking about actually carrying excess fat.

Who can still maintain attractiveness more when carrying excess fat, out of men and women, on average? Exactly.

There is literally history of times when fat women were worshipped by men. Go look it up. There is a reason PAWG and BBW is a thing. It's evolutionary.

Getting too bogged down with the numbers is retarded. Fat distribution, bone density, frame of scapulas/clavices, etc all play a role. These all factor into how much excess fat you look as if you have got on you. Too many autists get boogged down with this 10%, 11%, 12% bullshit. Just go with the flow and tweak your training and diet till you are happy with how you look. Everything else is mental masturbation.

Arms grow when you do chest and back. Triceps for chest and biceps for back. I'm not saying don't have an arm day but ffs don't waste your testosterone, time and energy in the gym obsessing on isolation exercises. Focus on strength training first and foremost. Of course training arms can improve compounds but your focus should be compounds UNTL you become advanced. A kid asking for advice is not advanced. Or even intermediate.

• Love it
Reactions: yayatourer
I don’t agree with ffmi

Because legs constitute the majority of it (and lower back spinal erectors)

And these are not the muscles that look good.

It’s possible to have a nice upper body and skinny legs and have a ffmi that is under 20
i have ~21 ffmi, my legs are weak relatively to upper body. It's generally pretty good some niggas can get away with being lower weight but most will benefit from that.
Lower back spinal erectors are very important how else are you gonna maintain proper posture and avoid back issues? or are you planning to give away your salary on pain relief jew pills?
Huge legs are hard to obtain but fit legs and lower back are necessary for health.

I never said 10% was for them. You're being autistic. I'm saying women can get away with looking fatter. Stop being a nerd and getting into the percentages. I am talking about actually carrying excess fat.

Who can still maintain attractiveness more when carrying excess fat, out of men and women, on average? Exactly.

There is literally history of times when fat women were worshipped by men. Go look it up. There is a reason BBW is a thing. It's evolutionary.
you just repeated my words as I said women generally carry more fat than men
Getting too bogged down with the numbers is retarded. Fat distribution, bone density, frame of scapulas/clavices, etc all play a role. This all factors into how much excess fat you look as if you have got on you. Too many autists get boogged down with this 10%, 11%, 12% bullshit. Just go with the flow and tweak your training and diet till you are happy with how you look. Everything else is mental masturbation.
getting closer to this orbitary number is good. Otherwise, you never know what your potential. A bunch of men cant go over 19 FFMI and think it affects their SMV in the slightest
Arms grow when you do chest and back. Triceps for chest and biceps for back. I'm not saying don't have an arm day but ffs don't waste your testosterone, time and energy in the gym obsessing on isolation exercises. Focus on strength training first and foremost. Of course training arms can improve compounds but your focus should be compounds UNTL you become advanced. A kid asking for advice is not advanced. Or even intermediate.
are u advanced yourself? I doubt you even qualify as intermediate. Advanced lifts are literally gymcel territory, which takes +4 years to obtain
I've never said doing only isolation but throwing arms exercises after compound is obligatory. Most men arent arm dominant and cant get away with that

No I definitely did not do that. You'r autistic, lol. You lack critical thinking if you think that's what I mean when I say women can get away with SHOWING some excess fat.

It's not because they naturally carry more fat.

It's tied to our hunter gatherer ancestry.

getting closer to this orbitary number is good. Otherwise, you never know what your potential. A bunch of men cant go over 19 FFMI and think it affects their SMV in the slightest
I studied sports science as a bachelors buddy and trust me all this shit is un-needed unless you are looking to go on stage as a competitor.

Unless of course monitoring your bloody fat free mass index is an enjoyable hobby. Which is fine. Each to their own.

i have ~21 ffmi, my legs are weak relatively to upper body. It's generally pretty good some niggas can get away with being lower weight but most will benefit from that.
Lower back spinal erectors are very important how else are you gonna maintain proper posture and avoid back issues? or are you planning to give away your salary on pain relief jew pills?
Huge legs are hard to obtain but fit legs and lower back are necessary for health.

are u advanced yourself? I doubt you even qualify as intermediate. Advanced lifts are literally gymcel territory, which takes +4 years to obtain
I've never said doing only isolation but throwing arms exercises after compound is obligatory. Most men arent arm dominant and cant get away with that
Are you saying deadlifts are the best lift for ffmi and irl looks Ect?

The other would be squat but it proly has less real world implication.

Rippetoe is quoted as saying deadlifts are the best bang for buck to improve looks

In-terms of what? Knowledge, expertise etc? Or performance? In-terms of performance I am intermediate. Knowledge and expertise probably close to advanced. I just know personal trainers etc make all this stuff out to be a really intricate and complex science and it's really not. Understanding the fundamentals is all it essentially takes. It becomes more complex when you want to go on stage. That's when wearing a heart monitor actually pays. Just as an example.

I see too many newbies asking for shit that doesn't concern them. For guys like you that get off on monitoring your stats, it's different. it's a hobby for you. I just care about the aesthetics and I know I don't need to be an autist to achieve a solid every day aesthetic physique.

No one looks good enough to get approached at high bodyfat unless their face has good fat distribution.

No one looks good enough to get approached at high bodyfat unless their face has good fat distribution.

With Chad bones, your facial fat distribution will be better. Same with your bodies skeletal frame-work.

Good bone-structure almost always leads to good fat distribution.

Hence recessed guys have major double chins and they aren't fat LOL.

Are you saying deadlifts are the best lift for ffmi and irl looks Ect?

The other would be squat but it proly has less real world implication.

Rippetoe is quoted as saying deadlifts are the best bang for buck to improve looks
I don't do deadlifts but I do work on my lower back strength and legs but not as gymcel. I just have legs exercise after my push/pull day, so basically each leg exercises once a week, and I hit my lower back twice a week.
Look at Tom Ford with ideal posture. That should be a lower back strength goal for everyone.

I studied sports science as a bachelors buddy and trust me all this shit is un-needed unless you are looking to go on stage as a competitor.

Unless of course monitoring your bloody fat free mass index is an enjoyable hobby. Which is fine. Each to their own.
FFMI is a good indicator and helped me to improve a lot. Anything below 20 FFMI is untrained. As I said bf is needed for face not body and yeah, ofc it depends on the individual not everyone can maintain 10% bf.
Measuring progress is crucial cuz too many normies just waste their time
Typical normie physicque update:

Another clueless normie who has no clue about anything, including numbers

There are millions of them

• +1
Reactions: MakinItHappen
I don't do deadlifts but I do work on my lower back strength and legs but not as gymcel. I just have legs exercise after my push/pull day, so basically each leg exercises once a week, and I hit my lower back twice a week.
Look at Tom Ford with ideal posture. That should be a lower back strength goal for everyone.
View attachment 2568284View attachment 2568286View attachment 2568287

FFMI is a good indicator and helped me to improve a lot. Anything below 20 FFMI is untrained. As I said bf is needed for face not body and yeah, ofc it depends on the individual not everyone can maintain 10% bf.
View attachment 2568305

View attachment 2568310
My question wasn’t what you do. It was what us the best bang for the buck posture / ffmi exercise

I believe it to be deadlift? Or maybe rack pull.

With Chad bones, your facial fat distribution will be better. Same with your bodies skeletal frame-work.

Good bone-structure almost always leads to good fat distribution.

Hence recessed guys have major double chins and they aren't fat LOL.
Bloated Chads tend to be older since fat pads deteriorate with age. I doubt there’s many young Chads who have lean faces at 20% bodyfat.

• +1
Bloated Chads tend to be older since fat pads deteriorate with age. I doubt there’s many young Chads who have lean faces at 20% bodyfat.

Well we can look at young guys that were fat, lost the weight and became Chads.

There are examples.

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing
My question wasn’t what you do. It was what us the best bang for the buck posture / ffmi exercise
i do weighted chinese plank for lower back 2-5 minutes depends on weight
I believe it to be deadlift? Or maybe rack pull.
squats and deadlifts most likely.
All compounds will be beneficial since FFMI is about the weight of all muscles combined.

View attachment 2568284View attachment 2568286View attachment 2568287

View attachment 2568305

View attachment 2568310

Keep it up.

Surprised to see a Redditor here. Place is too straight-talking for Reddit NPCs I would have thought lmao.

How are you finding it?

• +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu
Keep it up.

Surprised to see a Redditor here. Place is too straight-talking for Reddit NPCs I would have thought lmao.

How are you finding it?

Oh nvm those photos are not you. Just read again. My bad, sorry lmao.

• JFL
I mean that was essentially the question herein the thread.

My guess is maybe ben affleck? Guy has massive bones so he can

Keep it up.

How are you finding it?
im not redditor thanks god. Just go on /fit and you will see bunch of them. The second guy is 6 months apart with 0 progress.

• JFL
So what you are saying @zharupodrugu is for normies, they need the numbers to guide them as they can't do it otherwise? I guess I am projecting. Yeah most people never learn to understand how their system works.

• +1
i do weighted chinese plank for lower back 2-5 minutes depends on weight

squats and deadlifts most likely.
All compounds will be beneficial since FFMI is about the weight of all muscles combined.
Do u think plank is better posture exercise than deadlift?

Many people say abs are crucial in posture and plan proly works abs more.

So what you are saying @zharupodrugu is for normies, they need the numbers to guide them as they can't do it otherwise? I guess I am projecting. Yeah most people never learn to understand how their system works.
yeah, REVIVAL Fitness was a game-changer for me. Non-bullshit advice on how to get muscles. I was wasting too much gains on a table, numbers don't lie, If u repping bw on OHP there's no way u will have small shoulders. Watching the scale weekly and checking the progress is a necessity for success.
Do u think plank is better posture exercise than deadlift?

Many people say abs are crucial in posture and plan proly works abs more.
I've never trained abs for the last 7 years (maybe more I guess?). I have elite 6-pack genetics so I don't care about them. They work during other exercises, especially pull/chin ups so I don't bother.
Chinese plank is the best exercise for the lower back in my opinion. I've got it from an elite powerlifter. He recovered his back with this exercise.