• +1
Reactions: thecel
first two years of training should be hypertrophy

after 2-3 years of training go for strength since 90% of ur gains are completed

so u can be jacked and strong at the same time

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and BrahminBoss
low reps heavy obviously. you need to push your body to the breaking point and reach new level

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 21531, mfk and 2 others
personally I saw the best results when I was in 5-8 rep range, as heavy weight as possible. Doing light weight makes me feel like im just wasting my time.

• Woah
I do high sets medium reps.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
What's better for hypertrophy? I'm currently doing a mix of both
If you train for the “pump” with light weight high reps, you are not gaining real permanent muscle mass, just swelling.

Real permanent muscle mass comes from strength, not pumping the muscle full of blood with high reps.

This doesn’t mean do 1 rep maxes everyday - still stick to 4-12 rep range, but make sure you keep moving up in weight.

• +1
Reactions: mfk and wasakaka
I would do heavier side like 6 reps real failure on compounds. Only because there is more weight and stress on bone and cartilage gives some cope room to grow frame

The normie advice of doing 8-12 reps to build muscle is right after all.
Some muscles like the side and rear delts should be trained with higher reps than that for muscle building but overall you can’t go wrong with that rep range.

You aren’t achieving sufficient mechanical stimulus with lifting light weights, it’s more targeted towards metabolic stimulus.

With heavier weight you achieve mechanical stimulus, and given the right rep range, you can also achieve metabolic stimulus. These two factors together work best for hypertrophy.

Basically aim for 8-12 reps where the weight you lift allows you to go to failure within that rep range.

It actually doesn't matter much. Just mix these styles of training

Heavy lifting low reps

You should do 4-8 reps, compound exercises and low number of exercises each training

• +1