Height

supermanjfl

supermanjfl

Iron
So I’m currently 18 (since December) and 6’1, but I don’t feel tall? Most of the guys in my are are a similar height to me, so when I get called lucky for having my height I kinda get confused since I don’t feel special. I know I am on the taller side but I’m honestly thinking about limb lengthening surgery to add at least 2 more inches. I just wanna know what other people think, and if anyone has had any experience with either the surgery, or a situation similar to mine, I’d be thankful to hear it :)

• JFL
Reactions: ominion, MaestheticMaso and vex
So I’m currently 18 (since December) and 6’1, but I don’t feel tall? Most of the guys in my are are a similar height to me, so when I get called lucky for having my height I kinda get confused since I don’t feel special. I know I am on the taller side but I’m honestly thinking about limb lengthening surgery to add at least 2 more inches. I just wanna know what other people think, and if anyone has had any experience with either the surgery, or a situation similar to mine, I’d be thankful to hear it :)
Also if anyone is willing to give me advice (because I have a feeling most won’t take this seriously) here’s a little background:
•My dad claims he was 6’2 when he was younger, he’s 56 and is around my height/maybe and inch shorter
•mother is around 5’7 (rough guess) none of her family are notably tall
•my grandad (dads side) is crazy tall, like 6’5 or something currently
•and for myself I feel like I’ve wasted my genetics as i spent literally 100% of my childhood sat indoors, hunched over an xbox game. I’ve never played sports / exercised at all outside of gym class/PE. Although I'm building a gym in the garage so hopefully i can gain another inch by exercising, since I’ve read it’s possible to continue growing into your 20’s. But who knows man I know I shouldn’t feel like this because there are lots of men who have it a million times worse than me when it comes to height, but honestly I am a little insecure abt it and find myself fixing my posture and presenting myself larger when other guys walk by me, what the hell do I do? 😭

• +1
Reactions: tigrxs
6’1 and insecure you are either retarded or larping about your height.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: ducksoover, Moldovancel, ominion and 10 others
my parents are same height as urs and im 6'5, and u said ur grandparents were tall so you have better odds than me nigga

my parents are same height as urs and im 6'5, and u said ur grandparents were tall so you have better odds than me nigga
I’m 18 and haven’t grown for like 2yrs, I fear I’m cooked

• +1
I’m 18 and haven’t grown for like 2yrs, I fear I’m cooked
shit idk then, im a late bloomer, 18.5 and still growing albeit slower and slower so idk why ur only 6'1

• +1
6'1 is only 2 inches above average in the UK, and I'd imagine it's higher in younger people. Also, you see at eye level, making you feel shorter.

If you're lucky, you can hit a second growth spurt or something. Just get all your nutrients, exercise, etc and be healthy.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: MaestheticMaso, NoseProphecy and <6PSLcel
shit idk then, im a late bloomer, 18.5 and still growing albeit slower and slower so idk why ur only 6'1
Probably shit habits for like 7 yrs straight + no exercise at all

• +1
6'1 is only 2 inches above average in the UK, and I'd imagine its higher in younger people. Also you see at eye level so that'd also make you feel shorter.
Yeah very true

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel and tigrxs
6'1 is only 2 inches above average in the UK, and I'd imagine its higher in younger people. Also you see at eye level so that'd also make you feel shorter.
Or he could be larper like me and claims 6’1 even though being 179-180cm :forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile:

Probably shit habits for like 7 yrs straight + no exercise at all
ive been like 25% body fat since like age 12 and never did any sports, only started lifting weight 2 years ago and i managed to grow to 6'5

• +1
6'1 is only 2 inches above average in the UK, and I'd imagine it's higher in younger people. Also, you see at eye level, making you feel shorter.

If you're lucky, you can hit a second growth spurt or something. Just get all your nutrients, exercise, etc and be healthy.
ive been like 25% body fat since like age 12 and never did any sports, only started lifting weight 2 years ago and i managed to grow to 6'5
This is genuinely filling me with so much hope 😭😭

Or he could be larper like me and claims 6’1 even though being 179-180cm :forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile:
I’m 6’1.5 ish when I wake up and anywhere from 6’0.5 - 6’1 in the evening, I just say 6’1 because it’s what I measure myself the most at

• +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy
Also if anyone is willing to give me advice (because I have a feeling most won’t take this seriously) here’s a little background:
•My dad claims he was 6’2 when he was younger, he’s 56 and is around my height/maybe and inch shorter
•mother is around 5’7 (rough guess) none of her family are notably tall
•my grandad (dads side) is crazy tall, like 6’5 or something currently
•and for myself I feel like I’ve wasted my genetics as i spent literally 100% of my childhood sat indoors, hunched over an xbox game. I’ve never played sports / exercised at all outside of gym class/PE. Although I'm building a gym in the garage so hopefully i can gain another inch by exercising, since I’ve read it’s possible to continue growing into your 20’s. But who knows man I know I shouldn’t feel like this because there are lots of men who have it a million times worse than me when it comes to height, but honestly I am a little insecure abt it and find myself fixing my posture and presenting myself larger when other guys walk by me, what the hell do I do? 😭
Be atleast 6'4 - 6'7 max

could of sworn you were aiming for 198cm and in another thread you said you were 3cm off which would be 195cm which is 6'4 :feelswat:

could of sworn you were aiming for 198cm and in another thread you said you were 3cm off which would be 195cm which is 6'4 :feelswat:
195cm is 6'5 bhai

• +1

Cope. The average is not 5’11 here. Full of manlets here tbh.

Screenshot 2024 04 27 at 230037

:feelswat::feelswat::feelswat::feelswat::feelswat::feelswat::feelswat::feelswat::feelswat::feelswat:

I was wrong, its 5'10 but the same point stands
Imo, you can fraud to 6’3 at 6’1 and then you’ll probably be one of the tallest in the room. I’m taking about a legit 6’1 though barefoot, not 5’11 heightfrauding.

Imo, you can fraud to 6’3 at 6’1 and then you’ll probably be one of the tallest in the room. I’m taking about a legit 6’1 though barefoot, not 5’11 heightfrauding.
Tru air force 1’s save me 🙏

• +1
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
how tall were you at each age? roughly
Ok so I only know exactly at these times:

So rn: 195/6’5

2023 September I was 190cm/6’3

2022 September I was 182cm/5’11.75

• +1

you got stretch marks? and has your growth slowed?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel
you got stretch marks? and has your growth slowed?
Related to growth: no, it has but what I’ve found is that around this time in the year I grow slower and once summer comes along for the next half a year I’ll grow faster, although idk if this will be the case this year since I may or may not be at the end of puberty, I haven’t checked if my plates are fused so idk exactly, I guess we will see

• +1
how old are you?

when did most of your growth happen?

were you deficient in anything growing up?
Deficient, well I was only breastfed for 3 months and the usual time period is supposed to be 1 - 2 years, and then I only started eating “healthy” about 2/3 years ago and so before that I was probably deficient in a few micronutrients and probably eating too little protein and too much seed oils

• +1
Deficient, well I was only breastfed for 3 months and the usual time period is supposed to be 1 - 2 years, and then I only started eating “healthy” about 2/3 years ago and so before that I was probably deficient in a few micronutrients and probably eating too little protein and too much seed oils
Oh and when I was like 13 I fucking starved myself like an idiot for a period of 6 months cuz I wanted to lose weight lol, that probably fucked me over a bit

• +1
did your growth rate increase noticeably after eating healthily?

did your growth rate increase noticeably after eating healthily?
Maybe, I was also a late bloomer so maybe it was just that

• +1
i am 6'3 but feel short

Maybe, I was also a late bloomer so maybe it was just that
did you get periods where you didn't grow?

because I usually dont grow then suddenly grow quickly

recently I hadn't been growing then I grew an inch in a about a month and it gave me stretch marks on my hips and back and they are still increasing and now its starting to hurt

Last edited:
did you get periods of time where you didn't grow?

because I usually dont grow then suddenly grow really quickly
Don’t think so, I just know that for 2 years around this time of year I’ll grow very little and then once summer comes along I’ll grow some

• +1
Im 17 and 5’10. How much did you grow 17-18.5? Im also a late bloomer(started growing fast at 15)

• +1
oh i just saw ur post up above so you've been growing like crazy even at 17-18. what's ur diet and exercise like
exercise: none, diet: first 2 years i was eating high protein and thats it, but then starting from this year i started eating more sugar which is good for height, previously i wasnt aware of that so ye

exercise: none, diet: first 2 years i was eating high protein and thats it, but then starting from this year i started eating more sugar which is good for height, previously i wasnt aware of that so ye
can you like give an example of your diet. like what ur meals would be throughout the day for high protein and sugar

• +1
can you like give an example of your diet. like what ur meals would be throughout the day for high protein and sugar
I dont really plan my diet tbh, but typical day might look something like this:

6 scrambled eggs
6 pan fried pieces of bacon

2 large or 3 small chicken breasts
a can of black beans
250mg grated mozzarella
hot sauce

then like 1-2 chocolate crossaints or something per day
maybe some smoked salmon
maybe some canned tuna w mayonnaise

and then just whatever i feel like

6’1 and insecure you are either retarded or larping about your height.
No he's probably ugly. For some reason there are a lot of slightly tall 6'1 ugly guys on this site who think growing to 6'4 is gonna make them attractive to women.

• +1
Reactions: Meister!

were you late bloomer? did you stop growing before 17 then started growing after 17?