Help with jaw symmetry

MaestheticMaso

MaestheticMaso

Kraken
If the right side of the jaw is less pronounced than the left, what should you do to correct it. Fillers, BSSO, side wing ?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32486
orthopedic treatment

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: MaestheticMaso and Deleted member 32486
I think BSSO first (I assume you're getting this for other reasons aswell) and then side wing or implants, if that doesn't correct it.

• +1
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
I think BSSO first (I assume you're getting this for other reasons aswell) and then side wing or implants, if that doesn't correct it.
No, mandible is not recessed or anything. The gonial seems to flair more on one side than the other.

No, mandible is not recessed or anything. The gonial seems to flair more on one side than the other.
I'd say implants in that case. I personally hate the idea of filler, so I don't even consider it I guess. You could also try chewing on the less flared side, this might simply be a matter of having less developed masseters on one side.

• +1
Reactions: Max Frauder
First thing is try sleeping on the more pronounced side with numerous pillows giving full support to your jaw. Sounds fucking retarded but should be the first thing to do.

• +1
Reactions: MaestheticMaso and Deleted member 32486
I'd say implants in that case. I personally hate the idea of filler, so that's something I'd consider. You could also try chewing on the less flared side, this might simply be a matter of having less developed masseters on one side.
Yeah I sleep on my right and that’s the one with the slightly worse gonial. I’ll try that.

I'd say implants in that case. I personally hate the idea of filler, so I don't even consider it I guess. You could also try chewing on the less flared side, this might simply be a matter of having less developed masseters on one side.
Hold on I’ll DM you.

It depends, usually it is caused by uneven ramus. You can check by looking in mirror and checking if body of your mandible starts at the same height on both sides

If this is case then you can only really solve it with condylectomy or total joint replacement but both are drastic surgeries. You can also cope with BSSO, fillers and jaw implant but it will only hide the underlying issue

Personally I wouldn’t do anything with it if it’s minor. Everyone has assymetry to some degree

Last edited:
  • +1
listen to @acensioncel, btw sleeping on your back will only help u to not get it even worse but it won’t make it more symmetrical

• +1
Reactions: kwacker777, MaestheticMaso and AscensionCel
Was looking into fillers and it genuinely seems like a good option, idk if its true but apparently it can last a year which is honestly not a bad idea if true, for me personally, I would get it for one side of my jaw which I do notice slight asymmetry, it's not a major issue where my flipped images look completely different rather just something trivial I can see.

• +1
It depends, usually it is caused by uneven ramus. You can check by looking in mirror and checking if body of your mandible starts at the same height on both sides

If this is case then you can only really solve it with condylectomy or total joint replacement but both are drastic surgeries. You can also cope with BSSO, fillers and jaw implant but it will only hide the underlying issue

Personally I wouldn’t do anything with it if it’s minor. Everyone has assymetry to some degree
Ramus’ look the same on both sides, and mandible position also looks the same.I think it may be due to gonial or masseter placement. Either way I only noticed this with the inverted filter and when looking at a professional photograph done by my ortho, it’s barely noticeable.

I’d probably just cope with implants or fillers as no one will give me a condylectomy as I don’t have TMJ issues or pain. Unless you know surgeons that do it for aesthetic benefits ?

Was looking into fillers and it genuinely seems like a good option, idk if its true but apparently it can last a year which is honestly not a bad idea if true, for me personally, I would get it for one side of my jaw which I do notice slight asymmetry, it's not a major issue where my flipped images look completely different rather just something trivial I can see.
Fillers are good for these minor corrections tbh.