Historical Figures & Celebrities who have endorsed (voluntary) celibacy and abstention from ejaculation

D

Deleted member 16369

Mood swings
Most of the greatest philosophers and thinkers, as well as some of the greatest athletes were Volcel / Incel. Users on this forum need to put their energy in something other than complaining on the internet. I've recently embarked on this, and I feel much better.
  • Sigmund Freud Psychologist and founder of Psychoanalysis

“Freud held the opinion (based on personal experience and observation) that sexual activity was incompatible with the accomplishing of any great work. Since he felt that the great work of creating and establishing psychotherapy was his destiny, he told his wife that they could no longer engage in sexual relations. Indeed, from about the age of forty until his death Freud was absolutely celibate "in order to sublimate the libido for creative purposes," according to his biographer Ernest Jones.”

• Sir Isaac Newton Scientist and Mathematician

Lifelong celibate. Believed to have died a virgin.
    “The way to chastity is not to struggle with incontinent thoughts but to avert the thoughts by some employment, or by reading, or by meditating on other things."

• Muhammad Ali boxing legend

“There’s a kid just come down here named Cassius Clay. If you bet on him every time he fights, you’ll be a rich man, ‘cause he won’t lose a single fight. I believe his thing is sexual control. And he’s got it. Any kid who can control his sex can with the title. I believe it.” (Olympic Boxing Coach, Harry Wiley, quote from book ‘Muhammad Ali, The Greatest.’

• Nietzsche German philosopher- "The reabsorption of semen by the blood is the strongest nourishment and, perhaps more than any other factor, it prompts the stimulus of power, the unrest of all forces toward the overcoming of resistances, the thirst for contradiction and resistance. The feeling of power has so far mounted highest in abstinent priests and hermits (for example, among the Brahmans)."

• Mike Tyson boxing legend

“I never knew that conquering so many women takes so much from you more than adds so much to you. I always read that the great fighters never had sex before fights and I was a young kid and I wanted to be the youngest heavyweight champion in the world, so I restrained myself from sex for around five years."

• Mahatma Gandhi Freedom fighter
    “We have considered how to keep good health, on what it depends and how to conserve it. If all men always followed the rules of health and observed unbroken celibacy, the chapters [of this book] that follow would not be necessary because such men cannot possibly suffer any physical or mental illness.”

• Dalai Lama spiritual leader

"Sexual pressure, sexual desire, actually, I think is short-period satisfaction and, often, that leads to more complication,"

• Steve Jobs Founder of Apple

“Our birth control method up to that point was Steve’s coitus interruptus, also called the pull-out method, which for him was about his conserving his energy for work,' she wrote. He explained that he didn't want to climax so he could build 'power and wealth by conserving one’s vital energies.”

• Miles Davis Jazz Legend
    "Davis: You can't cum then fight or play. You can't do it. When I get ready to come, I come. But I do not cum and play. Interviewer: Explain that in layman's terms. Davis: Ask Muhammad Ali. If he cums, he can't fight two minutes. shit, he couldn't even whip me. Interviewer: Would you fight Muhammad Ali under those conditions, to prove your point? Davis: You're goddam right I'd fight him. But he's got to promise to fuck first. If he ain't going to fuck, I ain't going to fight. You give up all your energy when you cum. I mean, you give up all of it! So, if you're going to fuck before a gig, how are you going to give something when it's time to hit?"
  • Leo Tolstoy Legendary Novelist

"I had become what is called a voluptuary; and to be a voluptuary is a physical condition like the condition of a victim of the morphine habit, of a drunkard, and of a smoker."

"These periods of irritation depended very regularly upon the periods of love. Each of the latter was followed by one of the former. A period of intense love was followed by a long period of anger; a period of mild love induced a mild irritation. We did not understand that this love and this hatred were two opposite faces of the same animal feeling."

• Saigo Takamori One of the most influential Samurai in Japanese history, known as “The Last True Samurai”

“Although Saigo would remarry twice, father five children, and keep a company of Kyoto geisha, in 1854 he prided himself on avoiding women entirely. He saw abstinence as empowering rather than constraining…In his youth Saigo saw sex not as pleasurable dissipation or intimacy but as an impediment to happiness and loyalty.”

• Manny Pacquiao Boxer, Eight Division World Champion

Believing the old adage that sex saps strength, Pacquiao follows a strict no-[wife] policy during training. “We’ve talked to doctors about it,” [trainer Freddie] Roach says. “Sex lowers your testosterone, so you’re not as mean.” Most boxers abstain for a week or more before a bout. “I ask my guys for 10 days,” Roach says. Of course, Pacquiao beats the others even when it comes to abstinence. He stays chaste for 21 days before a bout, husbanding his energies for post-fight festivities.

• Kanye West Rapper

"People ask me a lot about my drive. I think it comes from, like, having a sexual addiction at a really young age," he says. "Look at the drive that people have to get sex—to dress like this and get a haircut and be in the club in the freezing cold at 3 A.M., the places they go to pick up a girl. If you can focus the energy into something valuable, put that into work ethic . . . "

• Michelangelo Legendary Sculptor, Painter and Engineer

Michelangelo’s contemporary Ascanio Condivi, who was also his biographer, described Michelangelo as having “monk-like chastity.”

• Pythagoras Philosopher and Mathematician

“Pythagoras himself established a small community that set a premium on study, vegetarianism, and sexual restraint or abstinence. Later philosophers believed that celibacy would be conducive to the detachment and equilibrium required by the philosopher's calling…”

• Plato Greek Philosopher

“Plato’s dialog stresses the intellect over the physical because of the risk of slavish dependent on physical desires. In this context, Plato recommends reduced erotic engagement to better exercise and control the mind. In other words, sexual activity is only detrimental only in so far as it distracts from intellectual endeavors…Plato praises this exemplary self-control, citing famous athletes, Iccus of Tarentum, who had “possessed in is soul such art and such courage mixed with moderation that he never touched a woman—or a boy for that matter—during the entire time of his training.” Plato suggests that by consciously choosing to control sexual desires, an individual liberates the mind to better study virtue.

• Socrates Greek philosopher
    “Socrates first prescribes abstinence from sexual pleasure. A conventionalized treatment of his view on sex then follows which illustrates and amplifies the earlier summary treatment of its dangers…Xenophon [one that Socrates advises] makes the wrong move and finds that though sex may be a pleasure, it makes you a slave.

• Prince Music artist
    "Yeah, I'm celibate. Well, it's all physical; all of that then turns into other things. Libido is energy. I go back and forth. It's like fasting: it's a practice and you get better at it over time, you know, but no one is perfect … With fasting, after four days, you don't want food anymore. You've got this thing that says, "feed me, feed me," and then when it realizes it's not going to get fed, it goes away."

• Nikola Tesla inventor
  • "Tesla was celibate and died a virgin. He claimed it was because a relationship with a women would distract him from his work, which he held above most things in his life".

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: rand anon, Sprinkles, Deleted member 25938 and 1 other person

Octillionaire

Amerimutt Untermensch​

JoinedDec 6, 2021Posts8,043Reputation12,989

• WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 16369
Cope

• WTF
Miles Davis Jazz Legend
"Davis: You can't come [cum], then fight or play. You can't do it. When I get ready to come, I come. But I do not come and play. Interviewer: Explain that in layman's terms. Davis: Ask Muhammad Ali. If he comes, he can't fight two minutes. shit, he couldn't even whip me. Interviewer: Would you fight Muhammad Ali under those conditions, to prove your point? Davis: You're goddam right I'd fight him. But he's got to promise to fuck first. If he ain't going to fuck, I ain't going to fight. You give up all your energy when you come. I mean, you give up all of it! So, if you're going to fuck before a gig, how are you going to give something when it's time to hit?"
Miles was a dark triad low-inhib Tyrone and made mogger music, mirin

• JFL
Nice list. Just finished masturbating after reading. Thanks for posting.

BTW it is all mental to anyone wondering. You think Tyson would be a wussy beta if he jerked off more?

You think Steve Jobs would have been a school shooter if not for abstinence?

Come on, don't kid yourselves and be realistic here. Let us not pretend that going without sex vs. masturbating or fucking sometimes is some kind of holy grail or 180 life turnover because it really isn't at all.... lol

Last edited:
  • WTF
Nietzsche German philosopher- "The reabsorption of semen by the blood is the strongest nourishment and, perhaps more than any other factor, it prompts the stimulus of power, the unrest of all forces toward the overcoming of resistances, the thirst for contradiction and resistance. The feeling of power has so far mounted highest in abstinent priests and hermits (for example, among the Brahmans)."
:feelsautistic: :feelsautistic:

• +1