how do i get rid of frizzy curly hair and make it straighter/ less frizzy.

zambia1

zambia1

Iron
title.
weirdly, when i was younger my hair was straight and/or not frizzy or curly at all. slight wave at best and easy to manage.
now i have to use products just to stop my hair from being frizzy let alone curly and uneasy to manage.
how do i fix this? and does anyone know why this happened.

• Ugh..
Reactions: BrahminBoss
What does your hair routine look like? Products, how do you wash it and how often? How do you dry it etc

What does your hair routine look like? Products, how do you wash it and how often? How do you dry it etc
so id say it depends, sometimes its a wash with shampoo and conditioner, but not often as shampoo dries out my hair differently.
then once im out i either let it air dry as normal, or apply a leave in conditioner/product to stop it from frizzing.
even then it will either be to frizzy or be to oily due to moisture.
its one or the other never in the middle.

I asked what products you use and how you dry your hair. What shampoo? What conditioner? You need to have a proper routine and good habits to have healthy hair. Experiment with how often you should shampoo your hair and get shampoo and conditioner that works for your hair type. Also you ideally wanna blowdry but doing it from a bit of a distance. Airdrying is worse generally

I asked what products you use and how you dry your hair. What shampoo? What conditioner? You need to have a proper routine and good habits to have healthy hair. Experiment with how often you should shampoo your hair and get shampoo and conditioner that works for your hair type. Also you ideally wanna blowdry but doing it from a bit of a distance. Airdrying is worse generally
right, i use tresemme or loreal shampoo and conditioner, i pat my hair with a towel and then airdry, and i use cantu leave in, i know its damaging but im not sure on what products to use to get healthy hair.

right, i use tresemme or loreal shampoo and conditioner, i pat my hair with a towel and then airdry, and i use cantu leave in, i know its damaging but im not sure on what products to use to get healthy hair.
there are many different shampoos from those brands. i feel like you should just generally educate yourself on haircare. I suggest watching youtuber Trav White and Blowout Professor for videos on hair. Do some research, watch some videos and try to find out more about your hair type, specific issues and products/things that can help.

there are many different shampoos from those brands. i feel like you should just generally educate yourself on haircare. I suggest watching youtuber Trav White and Blowout Professor for videos on hair. Do some research, watch some videos and try to find out more about your hair type, specific issues and products/things that can help.
will do. thanks.

• +1
Reactions: sirmimbing
will do. thanks.
Don't even bother. I was stuck in the same shitty cycle of trying products and shampoos. Use ORS olive oil relaxer or any other relaxer, or do a keratin treatment

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed and zambia1
Solution
Don't even bother. I was stuck in the same shitty cycle of trying products and shampoos. Use ORS olive oil relaxer or any other relaxer, or do a keratin treatment
thanks, ill look into those options.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 55252
dude keratin treatment are super expensive where i live and they dont last long does relaxer gives good results ?

all i find are result on black people with 4c hair i cant find any result on 3b hair

can i get loose curls with relaxer ?

dude keratin treatment are super expensive where i live and they dont last long does relaxer gives good results ?

all i find are result on black people with 4c hair i cant find any result on 3b hair

can i get loose curls with relaxer ?
Relaxer lasts like 3 weeks or 1 month

Idk about loose curls. I had frizzy wavy hair, kind of similar to afro texture but much less afro ofcourse

It turned my hair super silky and straight for 3-5 days then after it became wavy, silky and softer. Then with time it got more frizzy and afro like as the relaxers effect started going away.

You could try the normal strenght one that I tried, the effect will go away so don't worry if results are bad

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer and appealmaxed
Relaxer lasts like 3 weeks or 1 month

Idk about loose curls. I had frizzy wavy hair, kind of similar to afro texture but much less afro ofcourse

It turned my hair super silky and straight for 3-5 days then after it became wavy, silky and softer. Then with time it got more frizzy and afro like as the relaxers effect started going away.

You could try the normal strenght one that I tried, the effect will go away so don't worry if results are bad
and then when it goes away you do it again? did u saw any damage ?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 55252
and then when it goes away you do it again?
Yes

did u saw any damage ?
No

I used this

ORS Olive Oil Relaxer Kit Normal - Taj Mahal Livs

Give me rep please

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: zambia1, appealmaxed and agoostis
title.
weirdly, when i was younger my hair was straight and/or not frizzy or curly at all. slight wave at best and easy to manage.
now i have to use products just to stop my hair from being frizzy let alone curly and uneasy to manage.
idfk why i have the same exact issue...

You can't without damaging it
what i hear is that usually if you werent born with it, it will go away after puberty, the only reason it shows up in the first place is due to hormone imbalance and an influx of testosterone/hormones during puberty.

title.
Use sulfate free shampoo works wonders with frizz. Also try using products with keratin and even maybe get a keratin smoothing treatment professionally.

• +1
Reactions: zambia1