how do i give up alcohol

tristanbongo

tristanbongo

24/7 365 british summertime
i have a big alcohol problem. drinking daily since 17. get absolutely shitfaced at least twice a week. addiction started as just partying a lot, but later turned into solo alcoholism.

it fucking up everything in my life. my physical and mental health, my skin quality, my relationships with people, my academic performance.

yesterday right after failing a macroeconomics exam i got blackout drunk, annoyed the whole dorm with my friends and jumped from second floor cracking a bone in my leg. also a friend of mine wont talk to me anymore and i dont even remember why

how do i stop and never drink again. it is so miserable to live with constant hangover anxiety and memory loss

• JFL
Reactions: User28823
just stop buying it and use discipline . What other response do you need ? its an addiction,it will be hard in the beginning but once 1 month passed you will not feel the urge to drink anymore because you are not used to it anymore

works for every addiction

alcohol isnt the problem its the fuel, you are drinking for a feeling. What are you drinking for, to be delusional? To escape something? You need to find the root of the problem if you really want to quit the addiction. Not tryna sound like a philosofag but thats the truth.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 50720
alcohol isnt the problem its the fuel, you are drinking for a feeling. What are you drinking for, to be delusional? To escape something? You need to find the root of the problem if you really want to quit the addiction. Not tryna sound like a philosofag but thats the truth.
i just like to party and partying without drugs or alcohol is pointless. solo alcoholism is for when there are no parties

i just like to party and partying without drugs or alcohol is pointless. solo alcoholism is for when there are no parties
its not just "to party" or you wouldn't be solo drinking. You have to sit down and think about what you are really drinking for. And if partying will enable it and you cant control that you might have to stop doing that so often.

its not just "to party" or you wouldn't be solo drinking. You have to sit down and think about what you are really drinking for. And if partying will enable it and you cant control that you might have to stop doing that so often.
i was able to quit until the next party (about 7 days) after this post so i dont think i have an alcohol problem anymore