How do people design their bimax movements?

LTN

LTN

Iron
Everyone seems to have a good idea of their movements prior to going into the procedure. I’m looking to plan movements for a short mandible (slight shortface syndrome with no jutting, causing chubby cheeks).

Do they design these movements during consultations alone? How do people get an outside opinion and plan beforehand?

Who are the experts on this forum?

Everyone seems to have a good idea of their movements prior to going into the procedure. I’m looking to plan movements for a short mandible (slight shortface syndrome with no jutting, causing chubby cheeks).

Do they design these movements during consultations alone? How do people get an outside opinion and plan beforehand?

The surgeon plans all the movements; that's why they are the surgeon. You tell them what you don't like about your face and how you want your face to look like. They'll tell you if it's feasible or not.

Generally if you go to a reputable surgeon they will do a good job and let you in on the planning. You can also pay realsurgerymax i think he does bimax designs

Generally if you go to a reputable surgeon they will do a good job and let you in on the planning. You can also pay realsurgerymax i think he does bimax designs
How do you prevent getting botched and plan a desgin that’ll actually be an improvement?

I guess you need to be knowledgeable and go to a good surgeon you can trust, you could also post it here so the few autists on the forum with actual surgery knowledge can rate it. Generally the best design possible will almost mever be achieved since you might be missing a quarter of a mm, but at that point it doesnt really matter.

Does he actually? Do you know if he follows "anteface" principles like Sailer/Safi or is he a bit more conservative like Pagnoni?