How long will it take me to learn stocks and trade?

lunin7

lunin7

💉
I've been planning for a while on what side hustles I should do, stocks being one of them. I've heard it's a good way to make a few thousand bucks but at the same time I want to be very careful when it comes to selling stocks. I saw a story recently on Inside Edition where a father and daughter lost $380,000 to a crypto scam and I do not want to fall victim.

Any advice is appreciated (@Squirtle please remove my duplicate thread posted to Offtopic). https://looksmax.org/threads/how-long-will-it-take-for-me-to-learn-stocks.978171/

• +1
Reactions: RTLBbc
dont ask here (y) most people will give you advice and make you lose your money

• +1
Reactions: zylaro, incel194012940, RTLBbc and 5 others
dont ask here (y) most people will give you advice and make you lose your money
Thanks for the heads up, ill take that into consideration.

• +1
Reactions: RTLBbc and tigrxs
I've been planning for a while on what side hustles I should do, stocks being one of them. I've heard it's a good way to make a few thousand bucks but at the same time I want to be very careful when it comes to selling stocks. I saw a story recently on Inside Edition where a father and daughter lost $380,000 to a crypto scam and I do not want to fall victim.

Any advice is appreciated (@Squirtle please remove my duplicate thread posted to Offtopic). https://looksmax.org/threads/how-long-will-it-take-for-me-to-learn-stocks.978171/
Depends

• +1
Reactions: RTLBbc and lunin7
all the information is free on the internet get to learning young buck, and depends on your learning/processing speed. It’s taken me a few weeks cus of slow learning and taking my time

• +1
Reactions: RTLBbc, BootySniffer69 and lunin7
you should make this question to google and start your own journey on learning, instead of asking 15y olds from bangladesh how to do something they have no idea about

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: nofap, RTLBbc, Jhon Smith and 8 others
the basic stuff can be learned just by going to the trading site and pressing buttons

just buy things you think will go up

the day trading stuff about leverages, margins, stops, shorts, etc is boring to the point that i can't justify finding out if it's cope or not

• +1
I can trade for you just give me the cash I will only take 20%

• +1
All life

• +1

Have autism
But the genius autism not the cringe one

• JFL
  • +1
your better off long term investing rather than day trading, most day traders barely out do the stock market, while copying nancy pelosi would net you like 200% gains each year. Reddit has a bunch of people making calls and some of them pan out really well but id stick to value investing

• +1
Reactions: RTLBbc, CarrotMaxxer, BootySniffer69 and 1 other person
Have autism
But the genius autism not the cringe one
Asperger’s is the genius one

Low functioning to mid functioning is the more differential ones

• +1

Dont ask this here, most people dont have any idea of what they are talking about. Also stop with this trading bs, investments should be for long term. I recommend you to check Ben Felix's youtube channel, he has a CFA (higher status finance certification in the world) and has taught me 90% of what i know about stocks.

• +1
Reactions: RTLBbc, BootySniffer69, onlyhereforthehair and 1 other person
Dont ask this here, most people dont have any idea of what they are talking about. Also stop with this trading bs, investments should be for long term. I recommend you to check Ben Felix's youtube channel, he has a CFA (higher status finance certification in the world) and has taught me 90% of what i know about stocks.
how much do make? whats your returns after learning from this Youtube Chanel?

• +1

do sports betting and bet on lebron james

• +1
how much do make? whats your returns after learning from this Youtube Chanel?
By the question you made Im gonna assume you are a beginner in the stock market because good results are not equivalent to good investment decisions, for example, if a random kid chooses a random stock for him to invest, and the stock outperforms the market, it doesnt mean it was a good investment decision, it can be purely luck, while someone who actually made a smart decision could not get a great outcome, because of bad luck. Luck is an important factor in investments. But yeah as you probably want a answer to your question, Im not gonna talk about how much money for personal reasons but im gonna talk about percentage. Since implementing what i learned, Ive been making roughly 10% a year for 5 years straight, which is significantly higher than the historically stock market average of 7% a year. Anyone telling you that is averaging much more than that is either lying or has some type of private information about some company or is not gonna be able to maintain this kinda return in the long term. There are academic papers backing up what I am saying and if you are interested I can present you them.

• +1
Reactions: onlyhereforthehair and RTLBbc
your better off long term investing rather than day trading, most day traders barely out do the stock market, while copying nancy pelosi would net you like 200% gains each year. Reddit has a bunch of people making calls and some of them pan out really well but id stick to value investing
200% every year, lmao, the sad thing is people who dont understand investments are gonna believe in this bullshit you are saying. Also value investing is not the best option after the Buffett era. Thats why ppl shouldnt ask about investments on this side lol

• +1
Stocks are very simple if you're willing to earn the money over a long time horizon and are satisfied with a <5mn net worth by retirement (as you're not likely to get much past this with an average income, investing in stocks).

Automatically dollar cost average (DCA), a broad-market index fund, with a set percentage of your salary (maybe 15%) for a decade or two and you'll likely be >90th percentile in wealth for your age demographic, and that's long before retirement too.

• +1
Reactions: lunin7 and RTLBbc
200% every year, lmao, the sad thing is people who dont understand investments are gonna believe in this bullshit you are saying. Also value investing is not the best option after the Buffett era. Thats why ppl shouldnt ask about investments on this side lol
tell me, have you ever seen a day trader be consistently successful, make 200k one year and then never again, while if you listened to nancy pelosis nvidia trade you would've had 100% more if you had options.
I assume your and etf trader which i guess is alright but please provide me a reason day trading can out do any other method, even scrapers get clapped 24/7

• +1
Reactions: lunin7 and RTLBbc
tell me, have you ever seen a day trader be consistently successful, make 200k one year and then never again, while if you listened to nancy pelosis nvidia trade you would've had 100% more if you had options.
I assume your and etf trader which i guess is alright but please provide me a reason day trading can out do any other method, even scrapers get clapped 24/7
Im not a trader buddy, and day trading is complete ass and there is academic research backing this up. Im a factor investor which is, again, according to academic research, the most optimal way of investing in a market as efficient as todays stock market.

• +1
Im not a trader buddy, and day trading is complete ass and there is academic research backing this up. Im a factor investor which is, again, according to academic research, the most optimal way of investing in a market as efficient as todays stock market.
then..... whats your point? market is known to be irrational covid was a perfect example of that so i really couldn't care less about research based 0dte trading when elon musk could say something on twitter and tank the stock 5%. Im just saying your better off trading based on luck and value

• +1
then..... whats your point? market is known to be irrational covid was a perfect example of that so i really couldn't care less about research based 0dte trading when elon musk could say something on twitter and tank the stock 5%. Im just saying your better off trading based on luck and value
The market isnt 100% efficient and definitely has a level of irrationality to it. But the question is, is this irrationality of the market big enough for investors to find undervalued stocks and profit with them? The research tells us that the answer is no. Search up "Spiva ScoreCard", its an academic paper made by the S&P that shows us that even the active fund managers (most qualified professionals to find undervalued stocks) cant beat the market in the long term. And if u wanna say you dont give a fuck about academic research then its up to you, but its literally the best and most reliable form of evidence we have to find out which is the best approach to investing.

• +1
The market isnt 100% efficient and definitely has a level of irrationality to it. But the question is, is this irrationality of the market big enough for investors to find undervalued stocks and profit with them? The research tells us that the answer is no. Search up "Spiva ScoreCard", its an academic paper made by the S&P that shows us that even the active fund managers (most qualified professionals to find undervalued stocks) cant beat the market in the long term. And if u wanna say you dont give a fuck about academic research then its up to you, but its literally the best and most reliable form of evidence we have to find out which is the best approach to investing.
so... you just don't want to trade stocks and reiterated my first comment, fine for me but i want to trade stocks my point was day trading is kinda pointless. id rather take a risk than have that shit in my bank account

• +1
so... you just don't want to trade stocks and reiterated my first comment, fine for me but i want to trade stocks my point was day trading is kinda pointless. id rather take a risk than have that shit in my bank account
are u somali

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: RTLBbc and gooner23
then..... whats your point? market is known to be irrational covid was a perfect example of that so i really couldn't care less about research based 0dte trading when elon musk could say something on twitter and tank the stock 5%. Im just saying your better off trading based on luck and
yea, the point i was contesting was you saying we can make 200% yearly which is clearly not achievable with consistency.

if ur rotting on here ur not going to learn shot

Stocks are very simple if you're willing to earn the money over a long time horizon and are satisfied with a <5mn net worth by retirement (as you're not likely to get much past this with an average income, investing in stocks).

Automatically dollar cost average (DCA), a broad-market index fund, with a set percentage of your salary (maybe 15%) for a decade or two and you'll likely be >90th percentile in wealth for your age demographic, and that's long before retirement too.
This is good advice, its always good to see someone giving solid advice about stocks here, because it is very rare to see it lol. The only thing i disagree is on the DCA strategy as lump sum has proven to be more effective over the years. But still, if someone does what you are saying they are indeed gonna be ahead of 90% of investors.

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr and lunin7

6 months to year trade gold/use on NY sections

• +1
Reactions: lunin7