How much lefort 1 impaction I can do?

l3w3nte

l3w3nte

Iron
Is it possible to do a 1 cm impaction with lefort 1 to shorten my upper jaw?

Depends on your gummy smile, but 1cm sounds really excessive.
Unless you have a horseface because of severe gummy smile I’d be careful with that much of an impaction.
Overimpaction will lead to harder breathing and less tooth show.

Depends on your gummy smile, but 1cm sounds really excessive.
Unless you have a horseface because of severe gummy smile I’d be careful with that much of an impaction.
Overimpaction will lead to harder breathing and less tooth show.
I have gummy smile its not the most severe tho but my main reason for this surgery is to reduce the length of my midface that is long thanks to my philtrum only( my nose is not long) so I wanna get this and a lip lift

• +1
Reactions: LancasteR
I have gummy smile its not the most severe tho but my main reason for this surgery is to reduce the length of my midface that is long thanks to my philtrum only( my nose is not long) so I wanna get this and a lip lift
Well look how your soft tissue reacts first, and then decide on a conservative lip lift.
It‘s maybe not your philtrum that‘s too long, but the combination of a Gummy smile and a short chin to philtrum ration.

Well look how your soft tissue reacts first, and then decide on a conservative lip lift.
It‘s maybe not your philtrum that‘s too long, but the combination of a Gummy smile and a short chin to philtrum ration
Will do I have a consultation lined up next week

• +1
Reactions: LancasteR
Yes there was one case of woman having 10mm anterior inpaction

Her gummy smile wasn't that serious to begin with- but look how downswung was her skeletal structure.