How not to get duped when dealing btc

Redrighthand

Redrighthand

Tyrant
Hello. Some of you might be interested in bitcoin trading. I will explain how not to get duped when dealing with p2p trading, because the industry is full of scammers that target newbies and pros alike, it's no joke because I almost learned the hard way when I first started out. It seems that the owners of the p2p give no shit about scammers and give no real instructions on how to avoid them because those people get their business booming. The industry is infested with fraudsters.
Here are some instructions to be safe when dealing crypto:

- Bank transfers: utilized for high volume trades. I don't suggest you deal with this method at all, it could be very harmful and could get your funds and bank account frozen. Many scammers will use a stolen bank account, or perform a sim swap to send you money from a stolen account, the real owner won't know what hit him until a few hours after the transaction have passed. This will get your funds frozen.

How to avoid: Always always ask for a selfie of the guy with his id and the day's date. The name on the id must be the same as the name of the trader (you can see it while in-deal). Beware, many people on darknet marketplaces are selling photoshop scans (that's why I don't recommend this method at all) so if you want to proceed it you will have to inspect the picture very carefully or catch him off guard and ask him for a new pic straight away. If you do this you are fine.

- Wires: I recommend this method because it's the least suspectible to scams, however you can still be scammed. Always ask that the person sends the money in cash from an agent. The name of the sender must be the same as that of the trader. Online transactions with sender's name different to that of the trader (like most cases on trading sites!) are almost always fraudulent, they will use a stolen card to make the payment and you will pick up the funds. This is very prevalent and the sites' owners are doing nothing to stop it. That's why you should ask for cash payments with sender's name matching that of the trader.

Paypal, skrill, payoneer etc: It's easy to charge back your money on those services, you should make the buyer write on a piece of paper "I send to x y, date xy, non refundable" and send a photo of that with his face and id. Also, as always name of sender must be the same as the name of the trader.

Giftcards: A no no. The people selling giftcards for dirt cheap have bought the giftcard with a stolen card. There's no way to verify this sort of transaction so stay away from it.

Cash: many people are selling authentic counterfeits on the dw. Meet the person near a cashier or an exchange to verify if the money is real.

Notes: don't ever, under any circumstances, deal with anyone displaying an african phone number, ip, or name. Especially nigerians. This may sound funny but it's completely serious, those people are only in the scam business. Believe me or learn the hard way.

This is pretty much it, if you have any questions feel free to post.

• +1
Reactions: StolenDays, Seth Walsh, Vidyacoper and 1 other person
Didn’t read but can you find that guide on how to buy btc without being tracked and post it

Didn’t read but can you find that guide on how to buy btc without being tracked and post it
Cash is the cheapest. Or if you're paranoid, you can buy amazon giftcards by cash or a credit card and go to purse.io (no real name needed to deal) and buy bitcoin from there using the amazon balance. It will be expensive the first few times but after you complete a couple transactions you will be able to buy btc at 80%. It's impossible to track the btc back to you that way

• +1
Reactions: FutureMogger, ChaddeusPeuterschmit and Vidyacoper
Do you think BTC will rise or drop in the next weeks due to the current situation ?

Hello. Some of you might be interested in bitcoin trading. I will explain how not to get duped when dealing with p2p trading, because the industry is full of scammers that target newbies and pros alike, it's no joke because I almost learned the hard way when I first started out. It seems that the owners of the p2p give no shit about scammers and give no real instructions on how to avoid them because those people get their business booming. The industry is infested with fraudsters.

- Bank transfers: utilized for high volume trades. I don't suggest you deal with this method at all, it could be very harmful and could get your funds and bank account frozen. Many scammers will use a stolen bank account, or perform a sim swap to send you money from a stolen account, the real owner won't know what hit him until a few hours after the transaction have passed. This will get your funds frozen.

How to avoid: Always always ask for a selfie of the guy with his id and the day's date. The name on the id must be the same as the name of the trader (you can see it while in-deal). Beware, many people on darknet marketplaces are selling photoshop scans (that's why I don't recommend this method at all) so if you want to proceed it you will have to inspect the picture very carefully or catch him off guard and ask him for a new pic straight away. If you do this you are fine.

- Wires: I recommend this method because it's the least suspectible to scams, however you can still be scammed. Always ask that the person sends the money in cash from an agent. The name of the sender must be the same as that of the trader. Online transactions with sender's name different to that of the trader (like most cases on trading sites!) are almost always fraudulent, they will use a stolen card to make the payment and you will pick up the funds. This is very prevalent and the sites' owners are doing nothing to stop it. That's why you should ask for cash payments with sender's name matching that of the trader.

Paypal, skrill, payoneer etc: It's easy to charge back your money on those services, you should make the buyer write on a piece of paper "I send to x y, date xy, non refundable" and send a photo of that with his face and id. Also, as always name of sender must be the same as the name of the trader.

Giftcards: A no no. The people selling giftcards for dirt cheap have bought the giftcard with a stolen card. There's no way to verify this sort of transaction so stay away from it.

Cash: many people are selling authentic counterfeits on the dw. Meet the person near a cashier or an exchange to verify if the money is real.

Notes: don't ever, under any circumstances, deal with anyone displaying an african phone number, ip, or name. Especially nigerians. This may sound funny but it's completely serious, those people are only in the scam business. Believe me or learn the hard way.

The Goat :)
Buy a privacy coin like monero then buy btc.
High IQ

• +1
Reactions: Redrighthand
Do you think BTC will rise or drop in the next weeks due to the current situation ?
No one, no expert can predict the price accurately. A rough estimate can be given, and with that being said the common belief right now is that bitcoin will keep on fluctuating because of the high level of uncertainty. I do believe however it hit 2020's low.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
No one, no expert can predict the price accurately. A rough estimate can be given, and with that being said the common belief right now is that bitcoin will keep on fluctuating because of the high level of uncertainty. I do believe however it hit 2020's low.
I see, even this is a matter of luck, as looks.
Anyway, welcome back !

• +1
Reactions: Redrighthand
You

You're low t AF.

You still running the BTC business?
Yup I've scaled it up and started working on other projects
You

You're low t AF.
Yeah whatever dude. Maybe people don't like to be scammed? Cz believe it or not, you will be if you're pushing your trading and you're not careful. I had to call the wire company and explain to them what happened and give them proof so they remove me from the blacklist. And they warned me not to do what I was doing again. It's good to learn and be safe you know. Companies are paying hundreds of millions for security.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh