How often do companies really contact past employers?

Kristin

Kristin

I'm death—Straight up.
Curious

i got fired from a job like after a week for being a jackass but it was unironically my only job ive had so i was wondering if I could just lie about how long i worked there and said like a month instead

i don't want companies to go to my last employer and ask whether i actually worked there or what they think of me so i was wondering how often people actually lie on resumes and get away with it

• So Sad
Reactions: YabadiDabado
eliminate all job gaps

• +1
Reactions: Kristin
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend and sergeant blackpill
how would i do that? Just larp and say i worked longer than i really did?
yes you need to fraud your resume, that's just the name of the game. also they will probably check

• +1
Reactions: Kristin and thereallegend
Do not name the company in your CV.

• +1
I just wouldn't put it on my resume, I spent like 6 months at one place but I had a big fight with the boss before I quit so I never included it on my resume,it was also my only job ever at the time.

• +1
Curious

i got fired from a job like after a week for being a jackass but it was unironically my only job ive had
brutal, virgin Stacy got pump and dumped by Chad company.

• So Sad
brutal, virgin Stacy got pump and dumped by Chad company.
it is what it is

I needed the money for sarms and unironically got just enough cash from the job to buy them

the resume part isn't as important but it would be nice if i could larp my way through

• So Sad
Reactions: YabadiDabado
Most companies outsource their background checks to companies like HireRight who will contact the phone number you list of your prior employer and then someone from the background check company will call your prior employer and ask for name, job role, start and stop dates, and sometimes they'll ask if they would hire you again. So if you lie about dates, you can be caught.

• So Sad
it is what it is

I needed the money for sarms and unironically got just enough cash from the job to buy them

the resume part isn't as important but it would be nice if i could larp my way through
now you learned, these jobs don't care about you. You should act accordingly

• +1
I dont include company phone numbers on my resume (It's not really needed) but if they ask for a number then I will give a coworker or my managers contact information because we are on good terms.
Never had an issue so far

• +1