How tall would male humans be if we practiced height eugenics for 1000 years?

Canwefixit

Canwefixit

Mistral
Lets say we started a eugenics program based on the heightpill where we let females choose the ideal height for their partner and let them breed with them. So for example if a woman wanted to get pregnant, we would survey her to find her ideal height in a man. If most women want 6'4 men, then we get 6'4 males to impregnate these women. Their offspring would vary in heights as some 5'0 females would get a 6'4 man but create a 5'11 son who would then miss out on passing on his genetics in the 2nd Generation of the eugenics program. But a 5'9 female breeding with the 6'4 man would create a 6'7 son lets say, so then that 6'7 son gets to pass on his genetics as the height standards have increased as now the average male height has likely increased by 1-2 inches after the first gen of eugenics. How tall would humans get if we let this process run for 1000 years where just females select their ideal height in a partner? Would there be a cap where females start thinking these mutant humans are getting too tall to be attractive?

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma and Recessed Life
idk all short foids (below 5'5) that want a man above 5'9 need to be rehabilitated

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26, Raydolf_Peatler and Canwefixit
Xd giving females mating choices

Its short femoids who should be excluded from breeding, they are incel factories

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26, Lonenely sigma, lwlaiet060920 and 3 others
idk all short foids (below 5'5) that want a man above 5'9 need to be rehabilitated
They all want a guy 6'3 and above
Xd giving females mating choices

Its short femoids who should be excluded from breeding, they are incel factories
Sure giving females mating choices are a bad idea, however the aim of this post is to understand why females want tall men and what would happen if females got what they wanted when it came to their height preferences. Would there be a height cap where females become less attracted to a man above a certain height?

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: Recessed Life and gr34ter
They all want a guy 6'3 and above

Sure giving females mating choices are a bad idea, however the aim of this post is to understand why females want tall men and what would happen if females got what they wanted when it came to their height preferences. Would there be a height cap where females become less attracted to a man above a certain height?
no. height is relative and if you keep breeding taller people everyone would be taller after generations, so if 6'6 becomes average for men it would be at 6'9 where men are considered tall

the problem is adapting the infrastructure to support taller people

• +1
Reactions: Recessed Life and Canwefixit
According to a study I read 6'0 as the average male height is the theoretical limit, and all societies whose height has been steadily increasing for the past few years are capping out around there. The Netherlands for example has stopped getting taller.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Pandora, Recessed Life and Canwefixit
no. height is relative and if you keep breeding taller people everyone would be taller after generations, so if 6'6 becomes average for men it would be at 6'9 where men are considered tall

dude there is no conceivable society where women would find this attractive, at some point aesthetics and proportions would have to dominate. There is a natural limit to how tall humans can be and still be healthy and look normal. No way women are that retarded, I like to think they would prefer a robust, attractive and proportional 6'3 over a lanky acromegalic 7'0+ freak just because he's taller they live in a population of lanky unhealthy giants.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksOrDeath, exo and Canwefixit

Yes understood that the higher the average height, the taller a man needs to be to have a height halo. Im wondering what height nature wants humans to be considering women dont want average 5'10 men but want 6'4 men. Once 6'4 becomes average male height then surely women would desire 6'10 men. Surely there would be a cap at some point? Would we eventually get 20'0 humans if we practiced this eugenics?

It is hypothetical as the world couldnt handle 8 billlion 20'0 humans. There would need to be a population reduction and lots of rebuilding things for that
According to a study I read 6'0 as the average male height is the theoretical limit, and all societies whose height has been steadily increasing for the past few years are capping out around there. The Netherlands for example has stopped getting taller.
Yeah I would of thought it must stop at some point as 20'0 humans seem riduculous
dude there is no conceivable society where women would find this attractive, at some point aesthetics and proportions would have to dominate. There is a natural limit to how tall humans can be and still be healthy and look normal. No way women are that retarded.
View attachment 2610987View attachment 2610990View attachment 2610994View attachment 2610997View attachment 2610998
If the women share the same genetics as the lanklets due to the new taller humans then surely these 7'2 lanklets would look attractive and 5'10 filled out normies would look like little hobbit people and thus unattractive to these new lanklet humans

Yes understood that the higher the average height, the taller a man needs to be to have a height halo. Im wondering what height nature wants humans to be considering women dont want average 5'10 men but want 6'4 men. Once 6'4 becomes average male height then surely women would desire 6'10 men. Surely there would be a cap at some point? Would we eventually get 20'0 humans if we practiced this eugenics?
Sometimes sexual selection can be dysgenic, i.e. start OK but keep escalating and lead to runaway effects that end up harming a population/species. There's this example of a deer species whose males' antlers got bigger and bigger because of the females of the species preferring big antlers (cause bigger antlers=more capable of fighting other males), but eventually a lot of them couldn't lift their heads anymore cause they're not made for such big antlers.
Assuming women are retarded and dysgenic enough that they would prefer a lanky 6'10 freak over a strong and healthy 6'3 (which I'm not convinced of btw, I think people here really overestimate what heights women are satisfied with) yeah you could theoretically eventually end up with a population of very unhealthy giants (since modern healthcare means even people with serious gigantism can live long enough to reproduce when they would probably die in nature).

But at some point it just becomes physically impossible to be any taller than a certain height, biomechanics and physics impose specific limits on vertical height. It's why animal sizes are capped, why the biggest animal to ever exist (blue whales) is aquatic, and why there's a limit to how tall the buildings we can make are without increasing their width too. People with legit gigantism have serious posture problems cause their spine cannot support their height.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and Canwefixit
Sometimes sexual selection can be dysgenic, i.e. start OK but keep escalating and lead to runaway effects that end up harming a population/species. There's this example of a deer species whose males' antlers got bigger and bigger because of the females of the species preferring big antlers (cause bigger antlers=more capable of fighting other males), but eventually a lot of them couldn't lift their heads anymore cause they're not made for such big antlers.
Assuming women are retarded and dysgenic enough that they would prefer a lanky 6'10 freak over a strong and healthy 6'3 (which I'm not convinced of btw, I think people here really overestimate what heights women are satisfied with) yeah you could theoretically eventually end up with a population of very unhealthy giants (since modern healthcare means even people with serious gigantism can live long enough to reproduce when they would probably die in nature).

But at some point it just becomes physically impossible to be any taller than a certain height, biomechanics and physics impose specific limits on vertical height. It's why animal sizes are capped, why the biggest animal to ever exist (blue whales) is aquatic, and why there's a limit to how tall the buildings we can make are without increasing their width too.
Yes that makes a lot of sense. So its likely male height will probably cap just over 6'0 with a robust frame? Could the 6'10 lanklets become robust thru eugenics so then we now have a human race of robust 6'10 chads?

Yes that makes a lot of sense. So its likely male height will probably cap just over 6'0 with a robust frame? Could the 6'10 lanklets become robust thru eugenics so then we now have a human race of robust 6'10 chads?
it's likely that with eugenics you could filter out all the lanky unhealthy giants and be left with healthy proportional giants, but there's always a limit before the spine cannot support its own length, that's physics and no amount of biology can change it. Just like buildings. But it would probably take thousands of years cause you'd be trying to magnify a very tiny amount of the population. Not just super tall men but super tall men whose frame and cardiovascular systems can support their height in a health way.
Even Olivier Richters, the Dutch Giant, who's 7'2 but has amazing proportions and frame (especially for such a height) needed complex surgery cause his rib cage, heart and lungs were too small for his body and his rib cage needed to be expanded to allow them to grow more or something, his life expectancy would have been drastically reduced otherwise.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Canwefixit
You can't cheat nature hermano

dude there is no conceivable society where women would find this attractive, at some point aesthetics and proportions would have to dominate. There is a natural limit to how tall humans can be and still be healthy and look normal. No way women are that retarded, I like to think they would prefer a robust, attractive and proportional 6'3 over a lanky acromegalic 7'0+ freak just because he's taller they live in a population of lanky unhealthy giants.
View attachment 2610987View attachment 2610990View attachment 2610994View attachment 2610997
those are deformed men with gigantism so it doesn't really apply. if the average height naturally increased then the proportions of those men would be normal as well.

it's likely that with eugenics you could filter out all the lanky unhealthy giants and be left with healthy proportional giants, but there's always a limit before the spine cannot support its own length, that's physics and no amount of biology can change it. Just like buildings. But it would probably take thousands of years cause you'd be trying to magnify a very tiny amount of the population. Not just super tall men but super tall men whose frame and cardiovascular systems can support their height in a health way.
Even Olivier Richters, the Dutch Giant, who's 7'2 but has amazing proportions and frame, especially for such a height, needed complex surgery cause he was born with a deformity affecting his rib cage, heart and lungs (they were too small for his body and his rib cage needed to be expanded to allow them to grow more or something).
View attachment 2611047View attachment 2611051
Its very interesting how height affects the human body. A tall man is dominant and has an advantage other other men. But making him too tall and he will run into health issues. Human height is fascinating and being average height myself, I guess I am probably the height nature intended humans to be (5'11 or 180cm for men)

Its very interesting how height affects the human body. A tall man is dominant and has an advantage other other men. But making him too tall and he will run into health issues. Human height is fascinating and being average height myself, I guess I am probably the height nature intended humans to be (5'11 or 180cm for men)
it's all about optimums. A skinny fat man is weak and unhealthy, a robust lean and slightly muscular man is healthy and strong, and a freakishly big roidcel is unhealthy. A guy significantly below average height has health problems, an average to "normal tall" guy is healthy, and a giant has health problems, etc.

• +1
Reactions: Canwefixit