how to avoid bubble gut when training abs

appealmaxed

appealmaxed

do something good for the community
how to avoid bubble gut when training abs.
also are vacuums legit for maintaining small waist when training abs

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 55252
ur not gonna get bubble gut unless ur bloated and intestines are full

vacuums are useful, they give u immense control over ur abs and allowed me to flex my abs in many different ways but training abs will thicken waist

but remember, at the end of the day its all cope if u have dogshit oblique and ab insertions

• +1
Reactions: datboijj, Deleted member 20370 and Mr. President
ur not gonna get bubble gut unless ur bloated and intestines are full

vacuums are useful, they give u immense control over ur abs and allowed me to flex my abs in many different ways but training abs will thicken waist

but remember, at the end of the day its all cope if u have dogshit oblique and ab insertions
i see many people say that it’s only obliques that widen waist. is this not true?

• +1
You wont get bubble gut unless you are cranking PEDs like a madman

i see many people say that it’s only obliques that widen waist. is this not true?
it is true the abs just are highly dependent on insertions

• +1
Reactions: datboijj
well goodluck training abs without training ur obliques as a byproduct

well goodluck training abs without training ur obliques as a byproduct
i thought obliques were trained through rotation? weighted crunches doesn’t cause rotation

• +1

I’m a bodybuilder turned ballet dancer and can personally vouch for the efficacy of transverse abdomini training, primarily planks and hollow body holds.

i thought obliques were trained through rotation? weighted crunches doesn’t cause rotation
my obliques developed immensely doing only hanging leg raises, no rotation

it is true the abs just are highly dependent on insertions
so training abs with good insertions = not wider waist
bad insertions = wider waist

is what your saying?

• +1

I’m a bodybuilder turned ballet dancer and can personally vouch for the efficacy of transverse abdomini training, primarily planks and hollow body holds.

Keep dancing ballet for me, graycel.

so training abs with good insertions = not wider waist
bad insertions = wider waist

is what your saying?
no if you train abs alone it will not widen your waist, im saying that trying to improve the look is hard capped

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed
my obliques developed immensely doing only hanging leg raises, no rotation
people like david laid don’t seem to have too much oblique development and seems to have v good abs. obviously he is david laid w god tier muscle genes but he has still maintained his very narrow waist. does he not train abs? i have good shoulder waist ratio (1.9) and don’t want to ruin that.View attachment IMG_8356.webp

• +1
no if you train abs alone it will not widen your waist, im saying that trying to improve the look is hard capped
can’t change insertions
how your abs look after training is totally genetic

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 55252 and Mr. President

u went from body building to faggot?

• +1
be lean obvs

people like david laid don’t seem to have too much oblique development and seems to have v good abs. obviously he is david laid w god tier muscle genes but he has still maintained his very narrow waist. does he not train abs? i have good shoulder waist ratio (1.9) and don’t want to ruin that.View attachment 2696493
His waist increased but so did his delts.

Unless your roided out of your mind your obliques won't grow massive.

people like david laid don’t seem to have too much oblique development and seems to have v good abs. obviously he is david laid w god tier muscle genes but he has still maintained his very narrow waist. does he not train abs? i have good shoulder waist ratio (1.9) and don’t want to ruin that.View attachment 2696493
david doesnt train abs

mine looked like his before training abs because all he did to "train" them was heavy compound movements which at least stimulated them on top of him already being lean.
once i trained mine directly they changed drastically, waist thickened but i liked it cuz it filled my obliques so I had less of an hourglass shape anymore

imo, shoulder to waist is cope, i could care less if ur shoulder to waist is 3.5. if ur iliac crests are wider than ur waist its over
its all about biacromial width to rib cage width to iliac crest width ratio to achieve aesthetics
david laid of which has perfect ratios but idk the exact numbers, dont need to, can look at someone for 2 seconds and identify if its over or not

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed
its all about biacromial width to rib cage width to iliac crest width ratio to achieve aesthetics
can you explain this
do you mean biacromial width to ribcage width
and
rib cage width to iliac crest width
cos you can’t have a ratio with 3 things lol

ik what these parts are but what’s ideal ratios

• +1