How to avoid using retainers? {HIGH IQCELS PLEASE GTFIH}

Yea theres these
View attachment 2393625

But my dentist gave me a choice of choosing between those and these which look like invisalign plastic
View attachment 2393626

Idk which is better or what their differences are tho or what should I pick
From what I know, if your planning to get surgery in the future, wearing the retainer should be fine. Before bimax u need to get braces anyway.

In my experience, I had braces in middle school and after I got them taken off after 2 years, I had the plastic retainer for my teeth. For some reason, I decided to only wear the retainer on my front teeth and I didn't wear my lower one. As a result, my lower teeth got crooked again and I had to get braces on my bottom teeth for ANOTHER 2 YEARS. After that, I got the metal string inserted behind my lower teeth, and its still there. For my front teeth, I wore my retainer for about 1 year and stopped, and my upper teeth have stayed in the same spot to this day, so I don't believe the "wear them forever" shit.

• +1
Reactions: JCaesar
From what I know, if your planning to get surgery in the future, wearing the retainer should be fine. Before bimax u need to get braces anyway.

In my experience, I had braces in middle school and after I got them taken off after 2 years, I had the plastic retainer for my teeth. For some reason, I decided to only wear the retainer on my front teeth and I didn't wear my lower one. As a result, my lower teeth got crooked again and I had to get braces on my bottom teeth for ANOTHER 2 YEARS. After that, I got the metal string inserted behind my lower teeth, and its still there. For my front teeth, I wore my retainer for about 1 year and stopped, and my upper teeth have stayed in the same spot to this day, so I don't believe the "wear them forever" shit.
Thanks for sharing, do you know if the top retainers or braces affected ur maxilla or development in any way?

And I guess you've been wearing the lower retainers for years now, would you plan to ever remove them or does it not bother to stay with them?

• +1
Reactions: kimtaehyung
Sure, report back if u know anythin
just checked it out, seems pretty high iq
i cant figure out how to engage the temporalis but not the masseters though
also idk if it's worth the risks if it can do stuff like wear down the molars

Thanks for sharing, do you know if the top retainers or braces affected ur maxilla or development in any way?

And I guess you've been wearing the lower retainers for years now, would you plan to ever remove them or does it not bother to stay with them?
Who knows man, theres no real way to tell if the retainers hindered development since I don't have anything to base it off of. All I know is that if you don't wear ur retainer, ur teeth might get crooked again (they might not too).

My logic is that ideally, braces should be worn after all development is finished, so around 20. I don't know why orthos push for them so early.

I actually got my lower braces off around 9 months ago, the only problem with them is that theyre hard to floss with. I think my jaw is done developing, but I'm still hoping to get them taken off once I leave my house since I saw that mewing+chewing might be more effective with them off.

So I just went to the dentist today to try and get my braces removed, I won't be able to remove them today but she said I'd have to wear retainers on my lower teeth FOR FUCKING FOREVER, THE REST OF MY LIFE, EVERYDAY, ALL DAY.

PLEASE HIGH IQCELS, whatever shall this 15-and-a-half year old pubertycel teencel do to not have to be this subhuman forever? Shall I just chew hard mastic gum like TMJ doesn't exist? Should I clench like there's no tomorrow? Shall I thumbpull until I hear cracks? Should I beltpull until the belt breaks in half?

I'm still at puberty and 15 and a half so PLEASE there MUST be something I could do.

Keep in mind I do have an overbite but I don't think that's very relevant here, I guess.

High IQCels, please help me, I'm begging y'all.
if you used braces it never even began for you so its whatever, retainers will not damage you much

What tf do you mean by that you say it like I'm not a 1/1000 case who has been fucked up by their environment so much they have to wear iron on their teeth just for it to try to mimic a normal person's teeth state
Everybody I know has worn plastic retainers. Maybe the iron but it is noticeable because it is in the back of the teeth

Beware that if you do not wear you teeth will go back to their original state, you should have known that by now.

Just wear retainers, if you cannot even do that then you wont be able to do anything hard in life.
Lol

i got my braces taken off like 4 yrs ago

never wore retainers after she even told me to

my teeth still da same and good

I dno its not that Extreme after like 5 years. I sometimes dont Wear it For a month and it still Fits me perfectly. Been 5 years since I got My braces off. For The first years I wore it all The Time when not eating or on a date with a new girl. Then only nights. Then couples of days Every few weeks.

use retainers everyday for a year or something.

Now try doing it less frequently

look if your teeth change if you do it every second day, twice a week, once a week, once every 2 weeks and so on.

Now if it doesnt change, you can mew with good posture and with luck your teeth could stay in their right occlusion

btw wearing retainers isnt that bad anyways

get permanent retainers on top and bottom 4 teeth