How to determine if only the maxilla is recessed and not the mandible? Can a sliding genio substitute a bimax if only aesthetic gains are desired?

bradpittshairline

bradpittshairline

im a ass and titty lover
Does everyone with a weak mandible need bimax? Even with bite issues if theres no functional issues, is the pain and recovery of bimax worth the gains? For most people a genioplasty or a sliding genioplasty seems to be a better trade off between cost/pain and the aesthetic gains.

I dont think its worth the price nor the pain. I feel as if surgery at that point is just too much and you are suffering body/face dysmorphia.

nobody is recessed in just one, both are ALWAYS recessed together. People who say they are only recessed in one are coping and dont understand how the cranium grows.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Detective and ManzareK
It depends on how deficient your mandible is. I have a chin implant and I still look recessed. I believe it projects my chin 8mm.

In most cases it's like a week of moderate pain and discomfort. No one is talking about being curled up on the floor crying from the pain of bimax. I've had two surgeries where if you read people's experiences they talk about the pain being incomprehensible, weeping on the floor, passing out from the pain, pain from unmedicated childbirth not comparing. In my experience it wasn't that bad. And in retrospect it seems like it didn't even happen. A couple weeks is nothing. You should never let a couple weeks stop you from doing something you need to do, unless it's like torture. Looking back at your life, you're never going to think "good thing I avoided that week of pain 60 years ago."

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Tobias Fünke and DefinitelyNT
nobody is recessed in just one, both are ALWAYS recessed together. People who say they are only recessed in one are coping and dont understand how the cranium grows.

it depends.

i think in underbites they only advance the maxilla
That would be the easiest way but not necesarily the way to produce the best aesthetic result, they might linearly advance the mandible as well+rotate

It depends on how deficient your mandible is. I have a chin implant and I still look recessed. I believe it projects my chin 8mm.

In most cases it's like a week of moderate pain and discomfort. No one is talking about being curled up on the floor crying from the pain of bimax. I've had two surgeries where if you read people's experiences they talk about the pain being incomprehensible, weeping on the floor, passing out from the pain, pain from unmedicated childbirth not comparing. In my experience it wasn't that bad. And in retrospect it seems like it didn't even happen. A couple weeks is nothing. You should never let a couple weeks stop you from doing something you need to do, unless it's like torture. Looking back at your life, you're never going to think "good thing I avoided that week of pain 60 years ago."
Any reason you went for implant over genio?

because it was 2002 and i didn't know genio was an option
Nice that makes sense, would've been an interesting time to looksmax given info wasn't as widespread as it is now.

Do you reckon you'll get any follow-up procedures or you're content with how the implant has performed/is performing?

A couple weeks is nothing. You should never let a couple weeks stop you from doing something you need to do, unless it's like torture. Looking back at your life, you're never going to think "good thing I avoided that week of pain 60 years ago."
This is based and applies to everything in life: surgery, gym, study.

Good post.

not always. My maxilla is recessed, but my mandible isn't. Literally growing wisdom teeth rn with no impactation on the lower jaw.

not always. My maxilla is recessed, but my mandible isn't. Literally growing wisdom teeth rn with no impactation on the lower jaw.
yeah it is, you just cant see clearly because the maxilla is also recessed.

if you didnt had orthodontic treatment of course.

and growing wisdom teeth doesnt mean isnt recessed.

and growing wisdom teeth doesnt mean isnt recessed
not being able to grow wisdom teeth is a clear sign of recession, my 3rd molars on my mandible fit in completely, no impactation. How much more space can possibly be needed? It's downgrown, but not recessed.

I suspect the maxillary recession is from a bit of genetics, and a bit from environment. Maxillary recession runs paternally

not being able to grow wisdom teeth is a clear sign of recession, my 3rd molars on my mandible fit in completely, no impactation. How much more space can possibly be needed? It's downgrown, but not recessed.

I suspect the maxillary recession is from a bit of genetics, and a bit from environment. Maxillary recession runs paternally
Of course someone who doesnt grow wisdom teeth is recessed, but growing it doesnt mean the person is not recessed. John Mew says there is a massive space after the wisdom teeth in native peoples who are not recessed. Its not genetic if your family is not imbreed, it runs patternally because all ur family has bad habits and simply predisposition to it.

I couldn’t grow wisdom teeth have to get them removed. Over for me

Of course someone who doesnt grow wisdom teeth is recessed, but growing it doesnt mean the person is not recessed. John Mew says there is a massive space after the wisdom teeth in native peoples who are not recessed. Its not genetic if your family is not imbreed, it runs patternally because all ur family has bad habits and simply predisposition to it.
Yeah, predisposition is more like it.

I'm not too sure, even if I was suppose to have more forward growth on my mandible, my maxilla which is already recessed and has no space for wisdom teeth would have to go 15mm and my mandible like 5mm according to you. How would my frontal bone even deal with that, besides looking like a dog?

Does everyone with a weak mandible need bimax? Even with bite issues if theres no functional issues, is the pain and recovery of bimax worth the gains? For most people a genioplasty or a sliding genioplasty seems to be a better trade off between cost/pain and the aesthetic gains.
Show me a pic of above average maxilla please

Not the fukin barret or maher