how to get a job as player support for video game companies?

D

Deleted member 15302

Platinum
Alright so these guys that are on like Riot Games support, Discord support, or any other game company player support basically have one of the easiest jobs in the world. All they do is handle account ban questions, look up some info in a data base and relay the information, and most of this could probably be automated/outsourced. So what I'm asking is how the fuck do you get one of these jobs? They're not anywhere on traditional job search sites and the positions are already taken. On top of that, this is one of those jobs that you can easily work multiple of. Imagine having 10 - 30 player support jobs at a time. You'd be making a fuckload of money for such an easy job.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: gribsufer1, thereallegend and Deleted member 27066
Imagine having 10 - 30 player support jobs at a time
brutally mogs me if you can keep them all but these sorta jobs are heavily monitored to squeeze the wagies as hard as possible no? like you need to handle x requests an hour or something. if you can find remote jobs where you can slack off and still get paid pm me though 🥰

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: gribsufer1 and RopeMaxxed
brutally mogs me if you can keep them all but these sorta jobs are heavily monitored to squeeze the wagies as hard as possible no? like you need to handle x requests an hour or something. if you can find remote jobs where you can slack off and still get paid pm me though 🥰
using chatgpt api you can easily give chatgpt a list of common problems and your previous answers and prompt chatgpt in a way where it will determine if its one of the common issues or not. if it isnt you can respond manually, however, this would offload most of the work. thats what im saying, these player support guys jobs are super easy, its literally just looking up information like ban dates/reasons, account information change requests, common login problems, common crash problems, etc.

• Hmm...
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
All jobs are achieved with inside connects. The persons hired for these roles are people with family members inside the business.

Notice call support job isn’t listed ANYWHERE ever. It’s always bottom of the barrel shit, and even that’s just a facade, they’ll never hire you lmaoooo.

Crimecel.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Crusile, thereallegend and Deleted member 15302
using chatgpt api you can easily give chatgpt a list of common problems and your previous answers and prompt chatgpt in a way where it will determine if its one of the common issues or not. if it isnt you can respond manually, however, this would offload most of the work. thats what im saying, these player support guys jobs are super easy, its literally just looking up information like ban dates/reasons, account information change requests, common login problems, common crash problems, etc.
so why not build a solution and sell it to the companies for $1 mil a month each instead of trying to get jobs out of them? :lul:

Alright so these guys that are on like Riot Games support, Discord support, or any other game company player support basically have one of the easiest jobs in the world. All they do is handle account ban questions, look up some info in a data base and relay the information, and most of this could probably be automated/outsourced. So what I'm asking is how the fuck do you get one of these jobs? They're not anywhere on traditional job search sites and the positions are already taken. On top of that, this is one of those jobs that you can easily work multiple of. Imagine having 10 - 30 player support jobs at a time. You'd be making a fuckload of money for such an easy job.
I'm fairly certain that half the times these are guys already in the company that are just there long enough in one of the marketing/publicity positions that eventually it's decided that theyre trustworthy enough to take over a good support position. Look at the company that made Warframe, their community manager is now the head of everything because all the other dudes just eventually left to make soulframe and she was just the last of the team that was still there, shes not even a developer or anything

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15302
so why not build a solution and sell it to the companies for $1 mil a month each instead of trying to get jobs out of them? :lul:
they’re not gonna pay that much money for the software but its not the worst idea tbh.

they’re not gonna pay that much money for the software but its not the worst idea tbh.
if a company spends $5m a month on customer support and you offer to handle it for $1m a month they'll take it. sure you might get undercut eventually :feelshmm: and instead of calling it 'software' call it 'integrated AI customer support solution package' :feelshmm: there are already companies that do phone support through AI, at least partially. I am skeptical if you could handle it by yourself though, there are whole companies dedicated to automating a single one of such tasks but it's giga worth to be in one of them though. kind of like the dotcom bubble or social media bubble or app bubble. the next big money in tech. just grabbing a tiny piece of this monstrous pie is millions :feelshmm:pm me if you want :feelshmm:

All jobs are achieved with inside connects. The persons hired for these roles are people with family members inside the business.

Notice call support job isn’t listed ANYWHERE ever. It’s always bottom of the barrel shit, and even that’s just a facade, they’ll never hire you lmaoooo.
This.

OP just get a job at your local warehouse man. Or stay in school if you can.

This.

OP just get a job at your local warehouse man. Or stay in school if you can.
Both advice is useless

If you don't have a relative that'll get you somewhere just crimecel, if you don't have useful relatives and you can't crimecel that just give up on being rich

• Hmm...
Reactions: thereallegend
its already outsourced, and probably already like at least 70 percent automated. flip burgers instead

i bet its a rotation they do a lot of other things