i am tired of people training to show off rather than to improve

Fractal Orion

Fractal Orion

Combative
i teach at a karate dojo, and am a co owner with my father. it takes nearly 250-300 people to get one blackbelt, and only like 10 get a quarter through the actual program, and then they get so comfortable that they act like they're the shit even though you're just some 14 year old that can throw a punch and then get their asses kicked by me when it's sparring practice. these "advanced belts" cant even do 50 pushups or hold their arms out for like 10 seconds because hit hurts them too much, and they only care about adding flashy movements because when its time to go to tournament they'd rather spin in the air than actually do the stuff we've been coaching them on for like 3 years straight. then half of them are afraid to break a tiny board or actually fight, which makes no sense because then why did you join??? THERE ARE BLACKBELTS THAT ARE 8 YEARS OLD, AND WHAT'S WORSE IS THERE'S 16 YEAR OLD BLACKBELTS THAT SAY THEY'RE TOO DELICATE TO SPAR, WHICH IS WITH PADS ON EITHER WAY. you went through an 8 hour nonstop blackbelt test only to cry when you have to actually use karate- why even do it

many people quit right after they're promoted to a new rank too, which makes no sense to me?
and then at blackbelt most quit, which also makes no sense because you're still the rank before blackbelt, just with a blackbelt since you didnt actually learn any blackbelt moves.. eh??

these guys dont even have morals, like they're trying to date people in karate and they're total degenerates, there's a 12 year old dating a 23 year old where i go.. yeah..... and all the karate people lower their standards too, and when they get called out by people like me we're put down for it and at tournaments there's severe issues like favorites and general bias. they also mix a shit ton of christianity into the mix which has no ties to martial arts, great.

anyone can get a blackbelt these days, most master belts never been in a real fight, and many have been "promoted" to new higher ranks during covid via a fucking computer screen

im taking my training into my own hands

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath, AsGoodAsItGets, bululu_87 and 1 other person
It's a showoff world tbh
Instagram is just a fake reality in which people are showing their best lives not the downs not the bad days. Everyone pits up their best pics with the best lightning, angles and filters not the mediocre ones.
Social media is just an anxietyfuel tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Zukiteru, bululu_87 and Fractal Orion
It's a showoff world tbh
Instagram is just a fake reality in which people are showing their best lives not the downs not the bad days. Everyone pits up their best pics with the best lightning, angles and filters not the mediocre ones.
Social media is just an anxietyfuel tbh.
yeah i agree when i went to some police academy program for fun, one of the punishments was literally 5 pushups and no one but me could do them. these are your future officers that are going to "save your life"

it disgusts me when i only find vids on how to build attractive muscle and not real muscle, my dad ripped his up when he started martial arts because he followed the former.

whats worse is theres a handful of kids that use what i taught them to just fight everyone at school, some guy at my dojo
always brags about his mediocre at best skill, never comes to class anymore, and then when he does gets his ass handed to him because when he fights he never actually uses the blocks and strikes we teach, just flails his arms and haybales

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets, blonde chad and 5.5psl
also, what bothers me is we fight with pads every time. this creates a shit ton of bad habits. they punch my punches with their gloves to block them. who the hell punches someones punch? are you tryna break your wrist? they never use the blocks we teach unless they're smart, usually they just push their arms in the general direction of your strike. one guy i teach just walks up and constantly punches you, leaves everything he coulda left open, open. then he tries to tell me how good he's gotten at pushing people back. idiot. one time i got someone without their gloves and they punched my hand, didn't feel well for them. dont even get me started on people that use shinguards. im gonna get a shirt that says friends dont let friends use shinguards.

speaking of conditioning, realized myself using gloves completely screws over your hands. i had to punch a punching bag for like 3 months to get my hands not to hurt from that. if i couldnt punch a padded bag, how would i punch a bone stronger than concrete. not like anyone that doesnt do conditioning could have that.

i teach at a karate dojo, and am a co owner with my father. it takes nearly 250-300 people to get one blackbelt, and only like 10 get a quarter through the actual program, and then they get so comfortable that they act like they're the shit even though you're just some 14 year old that can throw a punch and then get their asses kicked by me when it's sparring practice. these "advanced belts" cant even do 50 pushups or hold their arms out for like 10 seconds because hit hurts them too much, and they only care about adding flashy movements because when its time to go to tournament they'd rather spin in the air than actually do the stuff we've been coaching them on for like 3 years straight. then half of them are afraid to break a tiny board or actually fight, which makes no sense because then why did you join??? THERE ARE BLACKBELTS THAT ARE 8 YEARS OLD, AND WHAT'S WORSE IS THERE'S 16 YEAR OLD BLACKBELTS THAT SAY THEY'RE TOO DELICATE TO SPAR, WHICH IS WITH PADS ON EITHER WAY. you went through an 8 hour nonstop blackbelt test only to cry when you have to actually use karate- why even do it

many people quit right after they're promoted to a new rank too, which makes no sense to me?
and then at blackbelt most quit, which also makes no sense because you're still the rank before blackbelt, just with a blackbelt since you didnt actually learn any blackbelt moves.. eh??

these guys dont even have morals, like they're trying to date people in karate and they're total degenerates, there's a 12 year old dating a 23 year old where i go.. yeah..... and all the karate people lower their standards too, and when they get called out by people like me we're put down for it and at tournaments there's severe issues like favorites and general bias. they also mix a shit ton of christianity into the mix which has no ties to martial arts, great.

anyone can get a blackbelt these days, most master belts never been in a real fight, and many have been "promoted" to new higher ranks during covid via a fucking computer screen

you said, writing multiple paragraphs to show off to random sexual and social rejects on the internet

you said, writing multiple paragraphs to show off to random sexual and social rejects on the internet
not really an issue to me, i just need somewhere to speak. i tried telling my parents and people in the dojo in question this and they just called me toxic, its not like writing paragraphs is an issue to me it took me 10 minutes. i dont care about an audience tbh not trying to sound rude or anything just being honest

Wow i didnt read a single word

• JFL
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets

Perfectly describes the cope belts colors.

Only real test is. Matches fought, and won. And the levels of the opponents.

Fighting is a bit brutal sport.
When done for hobby. One should maybe consider never doing Fighting matches. Only for fun, health, self defense, and light sparring for defense practise and one will be better than an untrained normie.

Showing off= Already improved and needs to rub in on your face noob.

nigga your dojo is getting 12 year olds in karate, its a mcdojo you idiot, of course its gonna be only showoffs and degens.

nigga your dojo is getting 12 year olds in karate, its a mcdojo you idiot, of course its gonna be only showoffs and degens.
oh ofc i agree with you its fucking bullshit thats why im leaving, and our dojo is splitting off from the whole brand

basically theres one big brand and tons of schools under it, all the old good ones have left at this point, we're leaving next because its rigged as fuck at tournaments and the way they do things is weak

still i disagree with the person that owns my school they're too lenient it weighs everyone else down including me, as soon as i hit college im going somewhere else