I finally am going to take accutane

mog_me

mog_me

Skincel
I am 5’10 16 years old and have surpassed my dad in growth. My acne makes me want to rope so I decided it’s time to take a low/ medium dose of accutane. I weigh 60kg so I’m going to take 30mg wish me luck boyos

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Sushifart, <6PSLcel, HTN_Mentalcel and 2 others
good luck, i’d even try 20mg to start.

Stay low on the alcohol, your liver will get raped from accutane alone.

• +1
Reactions: Sushifart, Zeta, mog_me and 1 other person
good luck, i’d even try 20mg to start.

Stay low on the alcohol, your liver will get raped from accutane alone.
How low, can I party a little bit?

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
you're gonna stunt your height. you still have 5 good years to grow noticeably. just eat raw beef liver for bioactive retinol.

you're gonna stunt your height. you still have 5 good years to grow noticeably
I don’t know what else to do I’ve tried everything for my acne and it’s made me suicidal, I’m taller than my dad by an inch. There is no conclusive eveidence that accutane closes growth plates because there are so many variables. Plus I’ll be taking a low dose

you're gonna stunt your height. you still have 5 good years to grow noticeably. just eat raw beef liver for bioactive retinol.
Man how many times am I gonna have to reply to this “stunt You’re height” bs😭

• +1
Reactions: babineux and AySab
Accutane stunting height is a myth that stems from the fact that the drug decreases the igf-1 hormone (this supposedly will stunt bone growth and overall growth development ). However this depletion in that specific hormone from acctuane is so minuscule that it’ll only MAYBE effect little bones in your hands. Why would a drug that can inhibit bone growth or growth development be so accessible, especially towards younger age groups that are still growing. (Also such extraordinary side affects like that could only ever happen through very high doses of the drug, so if you low dose you’re perfectly fine, not saying that if you take a high dose you will stunt you’re growth.)

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AySab, HTN_Mentalcel and saiya
The acne will just come back once your off it, the sides can be annoying just know that

Should be safe tbh

Screenshot 2024 04 03 at 84729AM

Screenshot 2024 04 03 at 84819AM

Attachments

• 1712148541844.png
    1712148541844.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
Accutane stunting height is a myth that stems from the fact that the drug decreases the igf-1 hormone (this supposedly will stunt bone growth and overall growth development ). However this depletion in that specific hormone from acctuane is so minuscule that it’ll only MAYBE effect little bones in your hands. Why would a drug that can inhibit bone growth or growth development be so accessible, especially towards younger age groups that are still growing. (Also such extraordinary side affects like that could only ever happen through very high doses of the drug, so if you low dose you’re perfectly fine, not saying that if you take a high dose you will stunt you’re growth.)
Why are you promoting a drug where the FDA acknowledges it closes growth plates, changes gene expression, even the color of bones, lowers androgens and serum HGH/IGF1?

Why wouldn't you instead promote a whole food that has 50,000 internation units of 100% bioavailable retinol?

Maybe it's because you're blatantly misinformed and trust the medical establishment way more than your trust human nature.

When I was on accutane I was suicidal. That's another side effect.

View attachment 2835710

View attachment 2835712

1. (Last image you gave)
I can’t make out the last image. So I can’t say anything about that.

2. The last link you gave was a study based on WOMAN serum androgen levels. (“The effect of low-dose isotretinoin therapy on serum androgen levels in women with acne vulgaris”)

3. As for the third one, I’ve seen it many times and it doesn’t prove that accutane (isotretinoin) stunts growth. It just states

“Although the mechanisms for these effects are not clear, it has been suggested that isotretinoin may have a negative impact on the GH-IGF-I axis, leading to a reduction in IGF-I and IGFBP3 serum levels.”
Notice the wording, they aren’t sure about anything, just mere speculation. The only possible way that you could experience any sort of stunt would be from little bones in your hand from the reduction of these hormones caused by isotretinoin.

Notice the title of this website too?“POTENTIAL”. Correlation doesn’t mean causation. As for the reports about the first image. That could all just be a coincidence. All it’s saying is that people who were on accutane didn’t experience any growth in height after. Furthermore many people go on this drug during there late teen’s and early twenties (when they’ve already stopped growing)

• +1
Reactions: AySab
Why are you promoting a drug where the FDA acknowledges it closes growth plates, changes gene expression, even the color of bones, lowers androgens and serum HGH/IGF1?

Why wouldn't you instead promote a whole food that has 50,000 internation units of 100% bioavailable retinol?

Maybe it's because you're blatantly misinformed and trust the medical establishment way more than your trust human nature.

When I was on accutane I was suicidal. That's another side effect.
“Changes gene expression” it just shrinks oil glands which stops your body from producing excess oil which therefore eliminates acne. Also this is temporary, all side effects will be revered once off the drug.

Also the reduction in these hormones FROM accutane isn’t enough to stunt things such as height or facial bone structure.

Lastly you were suicidal due to your acne, not accutane. Like I said correlation doesn’t mean causation.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AySab and thereallegend
I am 5’10 16 years old and have surpassed my dad in growth. My acne makes me want to rope so I decided it’s time to take a low/ medium dose of accutane. I weigh 60kg so I’m going to take 30mg wish me luck boyos
Good, but there are many other ways to treat acne. Good luck!

Update I will be coping with tazarotene because I’m scared to go on accutane. Tret didn’t work for me hopefully Taz does