I might lose 4 front teeth in bimax ortho?

B

BecomingHuman

Bronze
007B923A FCE1 41C2 9841 7935AA1AFFA9

I regret doing camo ortho when I was young and uninformed. I am just too good candidate for trimax.

I have root resorption now but my 4 front upper teeth still need 5mm ortho movement before surgery.

I might lose my 4 teeth.

Any ideas on how to prevent this or how to cope with losing 4 teeth?

tldr: Anyone heard about someone losing teeth from root resorption because of camo + change to trimax (or any other reasons)?

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
Implant will need to go to. Don’t get implants if you are planning bimax.

don't do it
I really need it, I am really recessed on both jaws, I have sfs, bad bite and sleep apnea.

If I lose 4 teeth then I need to get implants there. But my gums are thin so they might erode soon and metala would be exposed when I would smile.

View attachment 2854710
I regret doing camo ortho when I was young and uninformed. I am just too good candidate for trimax.

I have root resorption now but my 4 front upper teeth still need 5mm ortho movement before surgery.

I might lose my 4 teeth.

Any ideas on how to prevent this or how to cope with losing 4 teeth?

tldr: Anyone heard about someone losing teeth from root resorption because of camo + change to trimax (or any other reasons)?
Just do it and then get implants theory?

Just do it and then get implants theory?
I wonder why don’t they do it like in Turkey. Shave off the teeth and add straight weneers.

• +1
Reactions: Acridax and mvp2v1
I really need it, I am really recessed on both jaws, I have sfs, bad bite and sleep apnea.

If I lose 4 teeth then I need to get implants there. But my gums are thin so they might erode soon and metala would be exposed when I would smile.
I guess. you can still implant fake teeth afterall...

I would keep real teeth for as long as possible…
Depends if his recesed jaw impact his health and there's no other way to deal with it, but yeah, i would keep my teeth for as long as possible

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
Why are you going to lose teeth?

Why are you going to lose teeth?
My 4 teeth were really crooked before I started ortodontic treatment.

To the point where multiple people asked me why my teeth go that way.

I needed and still need a lot of movement on these 4 teeth, roots might not withstand the movement.