I need help for losing weight

E

edger0uter

Iron
Let me start this thread by telling you a bit about myself:

I am currently in my early 20s and I weigh about 145kg while being 1,80m tall. Probably even more now since it's been a while since I weighed myself.
I have been fat for as long as I can remember. I even have memories of people commenting on my weight since primary school.
My entire family is fat (father, sister, and mother somewhat too) and I can imagine that this is also one of the factors that contributed to my current weight.
All of those typical mental issues that come from being fat, I for sure have them. I am very lazy, undisciplined, and unmotivated, I hate myself and I have lost the ability to enjoy the things I used to enjoy. I practically have my very own music studio and a pretty good gaming PC, yet I never make music nor do I play vidya anymore.
My only sources for "happiness" are materialistic things, junk food, jerking off, and consooming media (YouTube, music, etc.). I own books on self-improvement, including Atomic Habits, The Psychology of Money, the 48 Laws of Power, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, and The 12 Rules of Life. Out of all of those books, I have only read one, Atomic Habits.

All of my sources of happiness (aka. copes) are bad for me. They are time-wasting, self-destructive and energy-consooming. Even though I am aware of that fact, I still cannot get myself to better myself. Because, without those, where am I gonna get my dopamine from? I will feel horrible and relapse which has been the case every time I've tried changing myself for the better.

Not only that but I don't know when to prepare what foods. Like, I don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money for specific foods and then prepare them for hours. I don't even know how to fit that into my schedule:

In the morning I get ready for work and leave, without eating something. Instead, I go grab something from a supermarket that is near my workplace. I don't want to spend my work break preparing food so I'm doing the same for dinner (I work as a programmer btw). And after work, I'm too tired to prepare food so I just go to a restaurant that is close to my home, grab a pizza or something similar, depending on where I go, and call it a day.

Lately, I'm having a hard time moving. Simple things such as showering and wiping my ass have become increasingly difficult as I am no longer as flexible and my body starts hurting when I move the wrong way.

I think that's a lot of information. Enough for you to give me advice. What should I do? How can I make sure that I am motivated enough, every single day, to focus on getting rid of the weight? How do I make sure that I don't relapse?

If there is anything else you'd like to know, ask ahead. Thanks in advance for your help!

• +1
Reactions: ccwarrior
Is being able to get pussy not motivation enough to make yourself eat less?

If it isn't, maybe you have low testosterone and you need to fix that.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BootySniffer69, aleksander and VenatorLuparius
Is being able to get pussy not motivation enough to make yourself eat less?

If it isn't, maybe you have low testosterone and you need to fix that.
I don't really want to do this for women. I hate the fact that you have to look a certain way to be considered deserving of love and I don't want to contribute to that idea by losing weight for it.

• JFL
Reactions: aleksander and vermillioncorefan
Might be worth a try. I'm assuming I have to talk to a doctor about that to get it prescribed?
Not sure cuz I never needed to look into it but do you research brother

I don't really want to do this for women. I hate the fact that you have to look a certain way to be considered deserving of love and I don't want to contribute to that idea by losing weight for it.
Of course you have to look a certain way.

Love comes from the biological instinct to reproduce that should be hardwired in all of us. And we are attracted to those who will give us the our offspring the best chance of life.

This is the reason we find things like being lean, nice skin, nice hair and good bones attractive. They aren't toxic beauty standards, they are indicators of good health.

From an evolutionary standpoint it makes full sense to be attracted to those who "look a certain way".

• +1
Reactions: aleksander and Deleted member 31399
Find Jesus, read the Bible. He has answers and can help anybody (not irony)

mcdonalds everyday x3

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: BootySniffer69, believer_14 and vermillioncorefan

I am currently in my early 20s and I weigh about 145kg while being 1,80m tall. Probably even more now since it's been a while since I weighed myself.
I have been fat for as long as I can remember. I even have memories of people commenting on my weight since primary school.
My entire family is fat (father, sister, and mother somewhat too) and I can imagine that this is also one of the factors that contributed to my current weight.
All of those typical mental issues that come from being fat, I for sure have them. I am very lazy, undisciplined, and unmotivated, I hate myself and I have lost the ability to enjoy the things I used to enjoy. I practically have my very own music studio and a pretty good gaming PC, yet I never make music nor do I play vidya anymore.
My only sources for "happiness" are materialistic things, junk food, jerking off, and consooming media (YouTube, music, etc.). I own books on self-improvement, including Atomic Habits, The Psychology of Money, the 48 Laws of Power, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, and The 12 Rules of Life. Out of all of those books, I have only read one, Atomic Habits.

All of my sources of happiness (aka. copes) are bad for me. They are time-wasting, self-destructive and energy-consooming. Even though I am aware of that fact, I still cannot get myself to better myself. Because, without those, where am I gonna get my dopamine from? I will feel horrible and relapse which has been the case every time I've tried changing myself for the better.

Not only that but I don't know when to prepare what foods. Like, I don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money for specific foods and then prepare them for hours. I don't even know how to fit that into my schedule:

In the morning I get ready for work and leave, without eating something. Instead, I go grab something from a supermarket that is near my workplace. I don't want to spend my work break preparing food so I'm doing the same for dinner (I work as a programmer btw). And after work, I'm too tired to prepare food so I just go to a restaurant that is close to my home, grab a pizza or something similar, depending on where I go, and call it a day.

Lately, I'm having a hard time moving. Simple things such as showering and wiping my ass have become increasingly difficult as I am no longer as flexible and my body starts hurting when I move the wrong way.

I think that's a lot of information. Enough for you to give me advice. What should I do? How can I make sure that I am motivated enough, every single day, to focus on getting rid of the weight? How do I make sure that I don't relapse?

If there is anything else you'd like to know, ask ahead. Thanks in advance for your help!
PUT.THE.FORK.DOWN

• +1
Reactions: aleksander, PotassiumMaxxer and VenatorLuparius

tldr eat less food retard

• +1
Reactions: aleksander
Yikes

• +1
Reactions: aleksander
Might be worth a try. I'm assuming I have to talk to a doctor about that to get it prescribed?
Coping with food = coping with medicine

Just lose fat in a healthy way

• +1
Reactions: MasterMan and aleksander
Seek help from a docter or therapist

go on a calorie deficit, but it will take you a year to get results

"I am currently in my early 20s and I weigh about 145kg while being 1,80m tall."

Man u must eat all day long to reach that weight
I was eating about 4000 kcal when i was my fattest at 85 kg same height as u

Try alternate day fasting
Eg. Wednesday from wakeup to sleep do not eat a single calorie, drink lots of water & black coffee. Thursday eat whatever you want (best to still eat healthy but really you can eat whatever).
The amount of hunger you build up will not be enough to make up for the entire previous days worth of calories, not to mention the boost to your metabolism you'll get from fasting.

I find this method very easy mentally, because compare it to a regular diet where someone is counting calories everyday and has maybe one cheat day each week or two. That entire week they have that cheat day circled on their calendar and are waiting for it. On this diet it is always cheat day or tomorrow is cheat day. Much easier to push through when it's 7PM and you're craving an evening snack but remember that if you push through tomorrow you can eat whatever you want. If you're fat as fuck 2000 cal or so is probably a decifit for you, that means on the eating day you can eat 4000 cal which means a whole large pizza if you want, bunch of burgers, whatever you want and you'll still be in a deficit overall

if you have the money for it, cocaine works wonders.

back when I used to do cocaine, eating wasn't even a though, I could go the entire day without eating and not even notice.

The obvious answer to all of this is meal prep. Just make chicken rice and vegetables for every meal, pick one day and cook an entire weeks worth of this stuff and store it in containers. If you want to shake it up a bit you can eat ground beef or steak, although steak doesnt taste very good reheated.

shotgun_shells nailed it. Meal prep.

The obvious answer to all of this is meal prep. Just make chicken rice and vegetables for every meal, pick one day and cook an entire weeks worth of this stuff and store it in containers. If you want to shake it up a bit you can eat ground beef or steak, although steak doesnt taste very good reheated.

Sure, I'd be happy to help you with your weight loss journey! Start by setting realistic goals, incorporating a balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins. Stay hydrated and engage in regular exercise, combining both cardio and strength training. Monitor your portions and be mindful of emotional eating. Remember, it's essential to make sustainable lifestyle changes for long-term success. If you have specific questions or concerns, feel free to ask!